HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Official drafting order

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2004, 05:22 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Habs Official drafting order

Today the NHL annoucned all the comp picks, and the official draft order.

The Habs will pick

1st round-18th overall
3rd round- 84th
3rd round- 95th
4th round- 100th
5th round- 150th
6th round- 181st
7th round- 212th
8th round- 246th
9th round- 262nd
9th round- 278th

4 picks in the first 100 picks, 84th, 95th and 100th will be interesting since they are so close together. Then we don't pick for 50 picks, ouch. Only 10 more days!

Last edited by montreal: 06-16-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Old
06-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Today the NHL annoucned all the comp picks, and the official draft order.

The Habs will pick

1st round-18th overall
3rd round- 84th
3rd round- 95th
4th round- 100th
5th round- 150th
6th round- 181st
7th round- 212th
8th round- 246th
9th round- 278th

4 picks in the first 100 picks, 84th, 95th and 100th will be interesting since they are so close together. Then we don't pick for 50 picks, ouch. Only 10 more days!
You forgot one :
9th round- 262nd*

*assigned to Montreal for loss of Group III free agent Bill Lindsay

Old
06-16-2004, 05:41 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

I love watching the Draft, its one of the most interesting days, your never sure what might go down.

Old
06-16-2004, 07:43 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
I love watching the Draft, its one of the most interesting days, your never sure what might go down.
YEAH !! maybe Bob Gainey has a plan !! it will be great if we trade to receive a 2nd round pick or just move up in the first round !

Old
06-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
YEAH !! maybe Bob Gainey has a plan !! it will be great if we trade to receive a 2nd round pick or just move up in the first round !
Id love to move up in the draft, especially if we can get in the top five, but the price would be heavy im sure.

Old
06-16-2004, 07:51 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Id love to move up in the draft, especially if we can get in the top five, but the price would be heavy im sure.
The price will be heavy for sure but as like you said it would be great if we move in the top 5 because if we are in the top 5 look what the top 5 will look like.

1 Was Ovechkin
2 Pits Malkin
3 CHI Olesz
4 CBJ Barker
5 MTL Ladd I saw him on the tv with the Hitmens Calgary in the Whl he really impress me,he is a TRUE POWER FORWARD he is physical,he has a lot of skills and it will be the first time that we can have a true power forward without giving the half of our team.

Old
06-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Mooch

Quote:
The price will be heavy for sure but as like you said it would be great if we move in the top 5 because if we are in the top 5 look what the top 5 will look like.

1 Was Ovechkin
2 Pits Malkin
3 CHI Olesz
4 CBJ Barker
5 MTL Ladd I saw him on the tv with the Hitmens Calgary in the Whl he really impress me,he is a TRUE POWER FORWARD he is physical,he has a lot of skills and it will be the first time that we can have a true power forward without giving the half of our team.
Ya, top 5 is awsome and all are probably just about nhl ready!

Old
06-16-2004, 08:00 PM
oli500

I cant wait for this draft. My parents are going away to spain for the summer the same day the draft starts.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
I cant wait for this draft. My parents are going away to spain for the summer the same day the draft starts.
Beer, pizza, and Girls, all on draft day. Sound like fun!

Old
06-16-2004, 08:03 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Ya, top 5 is awsome and all are probably just about nhl ready!
Yeah,you're right Ladd I think is the most NHL ready IMO he can bring his play to the next level now he has all the tools to do that but the top 5 will be awesome but the top 10 or the top 15 will be great too.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Yeah,you're right Ladd I think is the most NHL ready IMO he can bring his play to the next level now he has all the tools to do that but the top 5 will be awesome but the top 10 or the top 15 will be great too.
At max, if we make a move, id say get in the top ten. I dont think it would be worth trading away a player just to get in the 11-15th position, because their aint gona be much of a diff from 18th.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:07 PM
EaGLE1

I'm glad we will have new prospects !!!

Old
06-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I'm glad we will have new prospects !!!
haha, me too. I honestly love drafting. Even if our team had money, i would rather draft, its just that much more exciting seeing players succeed and fail. More satisfaction when you build something from scratch!

Old
06-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
what about:
To pittsburgh: MTL 1st pick 18 + Ron Hainsey + Francis Bouillon + Mike Ribeiro + Niklas Sundstrom + Alex Kovalev(compensation pick) + 2m$

to Montreal : PIT 1st pick 2nd overall + Dick Tarnstrom
:beatup:
??

Old
06-16-2004, 08:11 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
At max, if we make a move, id say get in the top ten. I dont think it would be worth trading away a player just to get in the 11-15th position, because their aint gona be much of a diff from 18th.
I understand you but I said top 15 because my pick in this draft is Alexandre Picard. I like this guy , he is a pretty good winger he will be around 11-15 that's why I said it will be great a top 15 pick but I agree if we move to the top tenth it will be a very great move ,very good players will be still available.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Mooch

Quote:
I understand you but I said top 15 because my pick in this draft is Alexandre Picard. I like this guy , he is a pretty good winger he will be around 11-15 that's why I said it will be great a top 15 pick but I agree if we move to the top tenth it will be a very great move ,very good players will be still available.
true, Picard seems like a good pick, but id personally still rather get in the tp 10.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:27 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
true, Picard seems like a good pick, but id personally still rather get in the tp 10.
YEAH , the top 10 this year will be pretty interesting but guys here will not agree with me but I still think that Tukonen can be available at 10 th this guy has good playmaking skills and I never heard something bad on him and he don't has a lot of weaknees but sincerely Mooch if you had a choice of picking a defenceman or a forward who you gonna pick ??? Me a forward but I still think we need a very good defenceman prospect anyways.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Mooch

Quote:
YEAH , the top 10 this year will be pretty interesting but guys here will not agree with me but I still think that Tukonen can be available at 10 th this guy has good playmaking skills and I never heard something bad on him and he don't has a lot of weaknees but sincerely Mooch if you had a choice of picking a defenceman or a forward who you gonna pick ??? Me a forward but I still think we need a very good defenceman prospect anyways.
Personally id go with a puck moving D. After Hainsey (who is beeing labled a bust) we have nothing in terms of puck moving/PP quarterback D's. So D is number on priority for me, while a Centre is the next choice. Im sure Gainey is thinking the same way. These are our two weakest positions in our organization. Goaltending was the other, not too long ago, but Gainey has solved that problem by signing Yan Danis, so im sure he will slowly, but surely solve the other two!

Old
06-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
Quote:
Ladd is not ready to make the jump to the NHL. He's mostly considered a Brenden Morrow type of player , which is still a good comparison.

Ladd is described as a WINNER who will do anything to make his team WIN !

Kyle Woodlief from Red Line says that he's more a 2nd liner for top team than a 1st liner.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:40 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Personally id go with a puck moving D. After Hainsey (who is beeing labled a bust) we have nothing in terms of puck moving/PP quarterback D's. So D is number on priority for me, while a Centre is the next choice. Im sure Gainey is thinking the same way. These are our two weakest positions in our organization. Goaltending was the other, not too long ago, but Gainey has solved that problem by signing Yan Danis, so im sure he will slowly, but surely solve the other two!
I agree after Hainsey we don't have enough good D prospects but when komo were in our D prospects I though it was enough but now he is a full time defenceman in the NHL we need a good PP quarterback and puck moving D as like you said because I don't like Souray with the puck he can't move the puck well IMO but IMO we don't need a good center we have already Pleks and Higgs but maybe a BIG CENTER we are missing some size at center our 4 center was Koivu,Ribeiro,Dowd,Begin ouch it's not very big our priority now is a D and a BIG skilled center IMO.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
it's been said that this draft is cut in 3 parts

#1-2 Ovechkin-Malkin
---------------------
After it 4 to 5 players
(my guess would be, Barker, Tukonen, Olesz, Ladd, ??????)
---------------------
It's anybody's guess after that

Old
06-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Mooch

Quote:
I agree after Hainsey we don't have enough good D prospects but when komo were in our D prospects I though it was enough but now he is a full time defenceman in the NHL we need a good PP quarterback and puck moving D as like you said because I don't like Souray with the puck he can't move the puck well IMO but IMO we don't need a good center we have already Pleks and Higgs but maybe a BIG CENTER we are missing some size at center our 4 center was Koivu,Ribeiro,Dowd,Begin ouch it's not very big our priority now is a D and a BIG skilled center IMO.
YA, LOL, i dont consider Souray as a puck moving D either. As for drafting a C, yes thats what i meant, a bigger C, because we are small down the middle, and that aint good in the east.

Old
06-16-2004, 08:47 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Fan
it's been said that this draft is cut in 3 parts

#1-2 Ovechkin-Malkin
---------------------
After it 4 to 5 players
(my guess would be, Barker, Tukonen, Olesz, Ladd, ??????)
---------------------
It's anybody's guess after that
For me Ovechkin and Malkin are number 1 and 2 for sure after that I see this like that.(LOL SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH it's my fourth language and I am learning english I am just 13 years old but I try to do my best)

1 Was Ovechkin
2 Pit Malkin
3 Chi Olesz
4 CBJ Barker
5 PHO Tukonen
6 NYR Ladd

Last edited by CH Wizard: 06-16-2004 at 08:51 PM.
Old
06-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Mooch

Quote:
For me Ovechkin and Malkin are number 1 and 2 for sure after that I see this like that.(LOL SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH it's my fourth language and I am learning english I am just 13 years old but I try to do my best)

1 Was Ovechkin
2 Pit Malkin
3 Chi Olesz
4 CBJ Barker
5 PHO Tukonen
6 NYR Ladd
Wow.......your 14 and you speak four languages. Cool, what languages do you speak all together??

And your doing great by the way, dont be ashame my friend, speak your mind to the best of your abilities

Heck, i cant spell, but i wont feel ashame

Old
06-16-2004, 09:03 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Wow.......your 14 and you speak four languages. Cool, what languages do you speak all together??
I AM A VERY MIXED GUY MOOCH !!!! I AM a mexican/afghan ,I am a little bit Americain WOOOW !!! thats not very similar ! ok I speak Spanish,Pashto,French(I am speaking this language ninty pourcent of my time because I am going to a french shcool and I have like 5 english class by 2 weeks that's why I am not very good in English but I am trying to do my best and I am the best in the class in english imagine the others :lol I got 96 in English and the overall of my class was 55 you know for a 13 years old that's going to a french school is hard to speak english well) ,English and Farsi soon and I am taking some course on the German language (DEUTCHE)

Last edited by CH Wizard: 06-16-2004 at 09:08 PM.
Closed Thread