HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markov will play for Dynamo Moscow

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Slick Nick

vCash: 500
Markov will play for Dynamo Moscow

According to SportExpress, Markov and sevral other russian players agreed on the terms of a contract with the Dynamo for next season, if no NHL. Markov should be in Moscow as soon as june 23rd for the summer camp. He should play for Dynamo till the lock-out ends.

Afinogenov, Datsyuk, Chubarov and Khavanov also agreed to play for the Moscow club.

Old
06-16-2004, 06:25 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick
According to SportExpress, Markov and sevral other russian players agreed on the terms of a contract with the Dynamo for next season, if no NHL. Markov should be in Moscow as soon as june 23rd for the summer camp. He should play for Dynamo till the lock-out ends.

Afinogenov, Datsyuk, Chubarov and Khavanov also agreed to play for the Moscow club.
Wow, I wonder if my dish can pick those games up??

Old
06-16-2004, 06:32 PM
FF de Mars

UI'm wondering, but I feel like the after lock ou NHL will be a lot more like FIFA, international wise. I feel like the russian teams will start to pick it up. Maybe some swede or Finn team as well. I could see a sort of champion league, with the best teams from all over, taking place.

But, during the lock-out, TV (especially canadian TV) will most probably show European hockey games, especially if they are featuring NHL players. There is TV profit to be made for sure...

Old
06-16-2004, 06:39 PM
EaGLE1

Damn lock-out. Imagine if Markov decide to stay in russia forever after the lock-out It would be a nightmare!

Old
06-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaGLE1
Damn lock-out. Imagine if Markov decide to stay in russia forever after the lock-out It would be a nightmare!
nightmare Is not really the word....I would say Apocalypse

Old
06-16-2004, 06:56 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Well I agree, but if Markov stays, many other players stay. That means that it's a nightmare for many other teams, but means that, in term of nhl competetivness, that the nhl balances itself off.

Old
06-17-2004, 10:41 AM

We don't need to worry about this as there will be no lockout...I had a vision...

Old
06-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
We don't need to worry about this as there will be no lockout...I had a vision...
Hey no joking around like that...

unless your serious

Old
06-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Not the vision......AGAIN

Old
06-17-2004, 10:43 AM
TwineSniper

Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
Quote:

He wouldn't be allowed to. It's my understanding that the NHL only allows players to sign overseas if there is a clear-cut escape clause in their contracts.

Old
06-17-2004, 10:45 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
He wouldn't be allowed to. It's my understanding that the NHL only allows players to sign overseas if there is a clear-cut escape clause in their contracts.
Phew, thank God. If we loose Markov, were screwed, hard core.

Old
06-17-2004, 10:49 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Phew, thank God. If we loose Markov, were screwed, hard core.
I agree we need MArkov a lot,he is a big part of our team and he is still young he was my top 4 for the core he had a bad season maybe because of the death of his dad but he was pretty impressive in the playoffs.

Old
06-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
I agree we need MArkov a lot,he is a big part of our team and he is still young he was my top 4 for the core he had a bad season maybe because of the death of his dad but he was pretty impressive in the playoffs.
He was amazing in the playoffs. Plus like you say hes young, 25 years young i believe, so theres still room for some technical improvements(skating, Speed, Strength, etc)!

Old
06-17-2004, 10:56 AM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
He was amazing in the playoffs. Plus like you say hes young, 25 years young i believe, so theres still room for some technical improvements(skating, Speed, Strength, etc)!
yeah I still think he need some technical imporvements he is not enough physical IMO he needs to add some strenght as like you said but his skating his not bad IMO but he can do better then that but Markov playmaking skills impress me a lot his pass are so damn good ! I remember his pass in overtime when Ribeiro score vs Carolina.

Old
06-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Mooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
yeah I still think he need some technical imporvements he is not enough physical IMO he needs to add some strenght as like you said but his skating his not bad IMO but he can do better then that but Markov playmaking skills impress me a lot his pass are so damn good ! I remember his pass in overtime when Ribeiro score vs Carolina.
I agree, his physical play aint up to par yet, but with experience it should improve. He has guts imo, so he should be fine. He will never be a brusing D, but he can make a very good puck moving D, who plays with an edge!

I hope theres hockey next season, because i really see him shine again now that the death of his parents may be put aside allowing him to concentrate again and play with confidence.

Old
06-17-2004, 11:29 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Well, I don't think we will see a lock-out in october...There will be a season. Have FAITH guys!

Closed Thread