HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Bruins - 11/20/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-21-2010, 12:06 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

vCash: 500
Watched the game really late last night and am just getting the chance to post. I haven't read any of the thread, so I'll be curious to see what you guys think. I wanted to get my thoughts down first.

The geezer line is still rocking. How amazing is JW?

We got ahead of ourselves when we were up 3-0. The Bruins are a great team and we just let them back in it. This team, at the beginning of the year, would never have given up that big of a lead.

Kopitar was TERRIBLE, as was the whole line. Kopitar is supposed to be our elite 1st liner, and I think he can be great, but tonight he was anything but. Normally if he has a bad game offensively, his defense makes up for it. He was giving the puck up right and left. He was skating like he was Westgarth out there, he looked so slow. I said it last PGT and I'll say it again. It's time to make a trade for the first line. Even with Parse back in Feb (which is way too long to wait, IMO) he is not an NHL first liner. Kopitar should be able to make his linemates better, no matter who they are. He is not.

Lewis was a beast. This kid deserves to be on a higher line after last game. Just playing one game with Richardson, a more skilled player than he's been playing with the whole year and he had the best game of his pro career. He was amazing at both ends of the ice and I think he was the best player out there tonight.

Quick made some great saves. I wish we could have held the lead, but it wasn't his fault. He was under siege. He came up huge in the shoot out.

I know they have the 2nd best PK in the league, but something needs to happen to our PP. It's just awful.

Glad to get the 2 points. I wish it wasn't from losing such a big lead, but you have to take them where you can get them. After the 3rd period when the Bruins had so many chances to go ahead, I was just happy to get out of there with one point going into the shootout.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:16 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Watched the game really late last night and am just getting the chance to post. I haven't read any of the thread, so I'll be curious to see what you guys think. I wanted to get my thoughts down first.

The geezer line is still rocking. How amazing is JW?

We got ahead of ourselves when we were up 3-0. The Bruins are a great team and we just let them back in it. This team, at the beginning of the year, would never have given up that big of a lead.

Kopitar was TERRIBLE, as was the whole line. Kopitar is supposed to be our elite 1st liner, and I think he can be great, but tonight he was anything but. Normally if he has a bad game offensively, his defense makes up for it. He was giving the puck up right and left. He was skating like he was Westgarth out there, he looked so slow. I said it last PGT and I'll say it again. It's time to make a trade for the first line. Even with Parse back in Feb (which is way too long to wait, IMO) he is not an NHL first liner. Kopitar should be able to make his linemates better, no matter who they are. He is not.

Lewis was a beast. This kid deserves to be on a higher line after last game. Just playing one game with Richardson, a more skilled player than he's been playing with the whole year and he had the best game of his pro career. He was amazing at both ends of the ice and I think he was the best player out there tonight.

Quick made some great saves. I wish we could have held the lead, but it wasn't his fault. He was under siege. He came up huge in the shoot out.

I know they have the 2nd best PK in the league, but something needs to happen to our PP. It's just awful.

Glad to get the 2 points. I wish it wasn't from losing such a big lead, but you have to take them where you can get them. After the 3rd period when the Bruins had so many chances to go ahead, I was just happy to get out of there with one point going into the shootout.
Been saying that for a while now, kid deserves a chance on a higher line, he can play all 3 forward positions, why not try him with Kopitar & Brown? Let Richardson center the 4th line and put Clifford or King on the 4th line.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:18 PM
DaAnimal

I honestly think the most underrated player with the absence of Mitchell has to be Scud. The guy doesn't make a lot of stupid mistakes and he works hard. I think he deserves a lot of credit and people should take notice of that.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
Oh they certainyl had business winning this game leading 3-0.
Kings jumped out to the lead but after the 1st period it was all Boston, our guys could barely stand at the end of the game.

Knew Boston would tie it after Wheeler's flukey goal, air seemed to go out of the tires after that.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Yeah the boys seemed dead tired in OT, let's just be glad we still got the 2 points out of it, even though we were leading by 3. Today is a chance for them to rest up and go back at it tomorrow against those loser Senators

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:11 PM
cybersync

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Someone has hijacked Tony's account. Can't be Kurri, because the English is actually articulate. No way it's Cutty, because he would have changed that avatar and unbanned a couple of people immediately. JT? Nah. There is no mention of Rob Blake. DIEHARD! No, no, can't be him. The signature would have been a Cammalleri reference. Any guesses?
this^^

cybersync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
-Our PP is still struggling. Nothing is clicking. Poor passing and terrible shooting.
-Goaltending is not our problem because both of our goalies have been sensational this season. You can't blame our goalies for any loss.
-Poni and Mitchell is still injured and they need to get healthy ASAP
-Scud has been the best defenseman so far with the absence of Mitchell
-Scoring is not our problem, i honestly think its defense and bad turnovers
-Lewis had a good game, perhaps he deserves a shot on the first line

Lucky win tonight, but after watching the game, i can honestly say that our goaltenders have been solid and have kept us alive. We seriously need to figure out a way to start moving the puck and damnit please get our heads together on the PP.
hmm, who mysteriously is missing from your write-up? Kopitar. He is non-existent. He needs to up his game - A LOT!

As far as goaltending, Quick has been stellar. Bernier?... not so much (he should not start in Montreal - if he does, he will get lit up. The D will get sooooo exposed by the top PP in the league, and Bernier is not the one to try to bail them out)

I'm not sure I would call last night's win lucky, .... but they did kinda back into it. The D is no longer the shut down D we saw the first 3 weeks of the season.

Doughty is not the defensive dominating presense he was before the concussion. Hope he comes out of it soon.

The PP struggling? That's just a bit of an understatement. They are terrible.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:48 PM
SLang

Agree with trying Lewis on the first line. Nothing at all to lose.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:07 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
On the bright side, when you have all that going on and you are still one of the best teams in the league, I think you are in good shape Just wait till all of those things fall into place.
Tis true and I'm happy with the team's start, but they need to keep their foot on the gas. They are only 5 points out of 13th in the conference. It's THAT tight, and it kills me when they lay an egg against a very beatable team like Buffalo knowing full well that the team will be gassed in their 2nd game of a back-to-back playing a much tougher team.

Murray didn't help either, ignoring his own advice by not playing a white-hot Quick against a division team. Boneheaded decisions like tossing out the 4th line and our bottom-paring D to start a period don't help. A couple of those points we lost Murray had more than his fair share of blame for.

The PK which has been bailing the Kings PP out all season isn't going to be able to do that forever, and I'm very concerned that the team's two top players in Kopitar and Doughty are not playing to their potential offensively. Defensively, certainly, but we need offense from these guys on the PP and at even strength and it's been relatively dormant for almost 20 games now.

Other than those rather significant concerns... yes, I'm very happy with the team's performance to date. So now everyone can stop worrying that Captain Ron has hijacked my account

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:31 PM
LaFan1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post

As far as goaltending, Quick has been stellar. Bernier?... not so much (he should not start in Montreal - if he does, he will get lit up. The D will get sooooo exposed by the top PP in the league, and Bernier is not the one to try to bail them out)
Bernier playing for the first time in his hometown ( Laval is 90 mins to Montreal )
he'll be wanting to impress .

LaFan1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:56 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
The franchise center plays like the cowardly lion
... Yeah, he's putting up only a point a game with **** on his left wing. Hang the *******.

Should be two points a game! Three points a game! Break all records for scoring in the NHL! After all he has the mighty DWIGHT KING playing alongside him

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Fishhead

If no trade is made, I'd like to see Poni tried on the first line (when he comes back). Clifford is fitting right in with Zeus and Wayne, and the fourth line looks really good as it is. Poni has a big body and is pretty good with puck control, it's worth a shot IMO.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 05:06 PM
KingsFan7824

The 2nd game of a back to back on the road against a better team than on the first night of the back to back, to get back to .500 on the road trip, and end the 3 game losing streak, in almost late November...you take the two points and worry about the rest later.

Every team has flaws. That's why they play the season. To see which teams, over the long run, are able to win despite the flaws.

If you break the schedule down into a playoff series, the Kings have won each 7 game series they've played. The first they won 4-1, the next was 4-2, then 4-0. Right now they're down 3-1 in this current group of games. As long as they win more of those than they lose, they'll be alright.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... Yeah, he's putting up only a point a game with **** on his left wing. Hang the *******.

Should be two points a game! Three points a game! Break all records for scoring in the NHL! After all he has the mighty DWIGHT KING playing alongside him
You're smarter than this.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 10:26 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
You're smarter than this.
... But, you are too. You know as well as I do that the problem's not such a simplistic issue.

Old
11-22-2010, 11:10 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... But, you are too. You know as well as I do that the problem's not such a simplistic issue.
didja happen to catch what Dionne said about him?

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 11:34 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
didja happen to catch what Dionne said about him?
... Yup.