HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Top 10 overall picks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2004, 10:13 PM
  #26
#2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to #2
I see alot of top 10's here but hey heres another to look at

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgenii Malkin
3. Cam Barker
4. Rostislav Olesz
5. Lauri Tukonen
6. Marek Schwarz
7. Robbie Schremp
8. Andrew Ladd
9. Drew Stafford
10. A.J Thelen

#2 is offline  
Old
06-16-2004, 10:15 PM
  #27
kovalchuk17atl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 310
vCash: 500
I'm going to stop arguing before I make Martin Skoula angry. :lol :lol :lol

(If you've seen the Crosby vs. Ovechkin video you'd get it..)

kovalchuk17atl is offline  
Old
06-16-2004, 10:16 PM
  #28
vega007
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary/Boston
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Andrew Ladd can HIT? What kind of crack are you smoking, have you ever seen this guy play, even ONCE, even in an all star or prospects game?

give your head a shake, this is the reason that guys like Pat Faloon go so high in the draft.

vega007 is offline  
Old
06-16-2004, 10:21 PM
  #29
vega007
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary/Boston
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Also this is why an 18 year old draft is a joke. Bump it up to 20 or 21. As for the "what about guys like Kolvalchuk and Heatley" argument, ask Dan Snyders parents what they think of 18 year old kids making millions and buying fast cars. Exactly.

vega007 is offline  
Old
06-16-2004, 10:49 PM
  #30
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,711
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
Also this is why an 18 year old draft is a joke. Bump it up to 20 or 21. As for the "what about guys like Kolvalchuk and Heatley" argument, ask Dan Snyders parents what they think of 18 year old kids making millions and buying fast cars. Exactly.


How old was Heatley when that happened??? Exactly.

Kimahri is offline  
Old
06-16-2004, 11:16 PM
  #31
vega007
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary/Boston
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Heatley didn't spend enough time as a kid. All that pressure and money so early is sure to mess you up later in life.

vega007 is offline  
Old
06-16-2004, 11:27 PM
  #32
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,775
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
Andrew Ladd can HIT? What kind of crack are you smoking, have you ever seen this guy play, even ONCE, even in an all star or prospects game?

give your head a shake, this is the reason that guys like Pat Faloon go so high in the draft.
Calm yourself down, junior. No need to be an ass about it if you disagree with him.

ECL is offline  
Old
06-16-2004, 11:31 PM
  #33
vega007
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary/Boston
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
point taken

still i can't believe that andrew ladd is going to go in the top ten. you'll all see what i mean when i bump this thread five years from now and you're asking yourself, "who the hell is andrew ladd?"

vega007 is offline  
Old
06-16-2004, 11:33 PM
  #34
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 79,775
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
point taken

still i can't believe that andrew ladd is going to go in the top ten. you'll all see what i mean when i bump this thread five years from now and you're asking yourself, "who the hell is andrew ladd?"
Honestly, I see him as a safe pick. At most he's a 2nd liner, and at worse he's a 3rd/4th liner. Some teams like a safe pick.

Personally, I'd much rather go with an Olesz or a Radulov.

Hell, Schremp I even like more than Ladd.

ECL is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 09:54 AM
  #35
Flyers33
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
If we are going on skill and talent alone then here are the 10 best

1.Ovechkin
2.Schremp
3.Malkin
4.Schwarz
5.Malkin
6.Tukonen
7.Barker
8.Olesz
9.Alexandrov
10.Thelen

Flyers33 is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 10:06 AM
  #36
Blueshirt13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Other side of the Ri
Posts: 798
vCash: 500
Here are my top 10 for what it's worth

1 - Ovechkin
2 - Schremp
3 - Malkin
4 - Barker
5 - Tukonen
6 - Radulov
7 - Olesz
8 - Ladd
9 - Thelen
10 - Picard

Blueshirt13 is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 10:50 AM
  #37
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
How can Andrew Ladd even be in the top 50, nevermind the top 10? This is a huge joke, and a sad commentary on a system in which your draft position is determined by your hype. Have any of you guys actually seen this guy play? I watch him 40+ times a year live and I don't think I'm going way out on a limb to say he will never make it in the NHL.
Hilarious. Of course you lost all credibility a long time ago with your Iginla would be a 20 goal scorer without Conroy and Conroy is the key to the team comments.

Ladd will go top 15 for sure and he will be a good NHLer. Obviously scouting isn't your forte. You do realize young players improve don't you? You are aware that 17 year olds typically aren't as developed as 18 and 19 year olds? I'm not sure you are...

You obviously don't watch hockey the same way most of us do. Interesting that you seem to be a Flames and Hitmen season ticket holder. That's a lot of hockey...

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 10:54 AM
  #38
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,670
vCash: 500
Vega, lay off the shrooms. You couldn't delete my posts if your life was in dependancy man.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 10:58 AM
  #39
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Funny how people who are paid to scout and project players COMPLETELY and UTTERLY disagree with you Vega. And it's not like it's one or two scouting bureau's. He's a consensus top 15 pick by EVERYONE.

Hmmm let's see here. CSS has him as the #1 skater prospect in North America. Redline has him as the #8 best prospect in the draft. I believe McKeens has him at #5. ISS has him at #9.

Maybe you should be wondering why your opinion is so out of whack with everyone else's? You've give no reason why everyone here shouldn't write you off as being completely out of touch.

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 11:04 AM
  #40
J-D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: the dizzle!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalchuk17atl
Schremp should be on there, same goes for Radulov, and how the heck did Tukonen fall to #8?
The orginial question did not only ask about pure skills but also about impact in the NHL (sooner or later). Now we all know that a player won't make it in the NHL only with skills, just ask Mike Riberio (until this year) or Pavel freaking Rosa. Schremp in this case failed to crack my top 10 but only by a few.

Anyway, this year, I am totally confused and the more I read about the players projected in the first round the more confused I get, especially concerning the picks in the 15-25 (my Habs are picking 18th, so that's why it's getting interesting there).

On Tukonen: Fast, skilled, big, but they say he's raw. Which means, impact in the NHL later rather than sooner.

J-D is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 12:17 PM
  #41
vega007
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary/Boston
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
Flames draft watcher, why don't you bump this thread when Andrew Ladd makes his NHL debut. I won't hold my breath.

vega007 is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 12:25 PM
  #42
Digable5
Registered User
 
Digable5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: B-Lo
Country: United States
Posts: 3,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Funny how people who are paid to scout and project players COMPLETELY and UTTERLY disagree with you Vega. And it's not like it's one or two scouting bureau's. He's a consensus top 15 pick by EVERYONE.

Hmmm let's see here. CSS has him as the #1 skater prospect in North America. Redline has him as the #8 best prospect in the draft. I believe McKeens has him at #5. ISS has him at #9.

Maybe you should be wondering why your opinion is so out of whack with everyone else's? You've give no reason why everyone here shouldn't write you off as being completely out of touch.
Right, because these sources have never been wrong before. And we should never question what you or the "expert" media people say.

As per FDW, no one is allowed to post an independent thought ever again. All those who think for themselves and look "outside the box" shall be instantly ridiculed and bannished from HFBoards. We'll call it the Pat Faloon rule.

Digable5 is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 12:38 PM
  #43
vega007
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary/Boston
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
finally someone who gets it

my whole point was the only reason the andrew ladd is going to get drafted so high is because he has the hype machine going. Many guys at the start of this thread all had Ladd going in the top ten, my question was, "have any of you guys actually seen Ladd play?". In point of fact none of them had, not even in all star or prospect games. The only reason they had him so high was because all they read is what other people write and they just copy it. Damn, everyone says that Daigle is a surefire NHLer, he must go number one!!

Even this Ovechkin kid - who by all reports is the second coming of Jesus Chrst - how many of you guys have ACTUALLY seen him play? I'm a huge fan of junior hockey and I've only seen him on TV during the world juniors, hardly the best showcase for consistency. One good tourney and you're bound to go high - just look at Fleury and now Montoya.

Andrew Ladd will not make it in the NHL - in my opinion. I hope he does because I like the guys attitude, but I really just don't see anything that would lead me to believe he's any better than a guy like Kris Beech. Playing on a line with Ryan Getzlaf has unquestionably balooned his stats quite a bit.

Now if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. But I think I just might have something here. How many of you guys have ACTUALLY seen him play? Hell how many of you guys even know the number on the back of his jersey without looking it up? How many people here have heard of O'Malley? My point exactly.

vega007 is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 12:56 PM
  #44
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
Now if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. But I think I just might have something here. How many of you guys have ACTUALLY seen him play? Hell how many of you guys even know the number on the back of his jersey without looking it up? How many people here have heard of O'Malley? My point exactly.
I've seen Ladd 3 times, 2 on TV and once live at the coliseum. I have to say, he's easily a top 10 forward. (And about as sure-fire NHL as it gets, so prepare to eat your words, vega)

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 01:08 PM
  #45
vega007
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary/Boston
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
On the basis of three games, you're willing to say he's EASILY a top ten forward?

you make a great case for why 14 year old kids shouldn't be allowed on these boards.

vega007 is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 01:10 PM
  #46
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
On the basis of three games, you're willing to say he's EASILY a top ten forward?

you make a great case for why 14 year old kids shouldn't be allowed on these boards.
3 games is enough for me, yes.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 01:15 PM
  #47
monster_bertuzzi
registered user
 
monster_bertuzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
you make a great case for why 14 year old kids shouldn't be allowed on these boards.
You're a classic example of what a crackhead is capable of when put in front of a computer screen with a keyboard.

monster_bertuzzi is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 01:26 PM
  #48
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol This is getting funny

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 02:22 PM
  #49
ktownhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ontario canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 500
Ladd

From what i've seen and mostly heard everyone is so high on Andrew Ladd..... when I look at his stats they arent exceptional and maybe he's going for points, not hits... it doesnt mean he can't hit....
Iam from Kingston and used to watch Anthony Stewart play and everyone around the world knows him as a big hitting scoring power forward.... like was proclaimed by TSNduring the WJHC... but in the OHL he seldomly hits... and iam thinking maybe Ladd is like this too and maybe he's just working on his skill set at this time because he knows in the NHL the hitting will always be there for him, and the skills need some work if he's going to be a effective NHLer?????

ktownhockey is offline  
Old
06-17-2004, 03:24 PM
  #50
Flames Draft Watcher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
I've watched Ladd play myself. He looked like a great prospect.

You're out to lunch Vega and you always have been. You embarass yourself with a lot of the stuff you say.

How much money do you want to bet that Iginla scores just fine without Conroy?

Flames Draft Watcher is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.