HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#22: Canadiens @ Flyers - Monday, Nov. 22, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-22-2010, 08:45 PM
MrHockey1982

vCash: 500
That picture with the Flyers spinning the wheel to see how many goals they will score against Price =

The price is wrong, $#%&*!!!

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I don't get the Subban hate, but w/e.

There was never doubt in my mind that we're better then the Habs. Whenever Price isn't in God mode they're a pretty average team.

Still have only seen one person give props to Boosh and I haven't seen anyone that was trashing him early come back to eat crow, but w/e.
Yeah boosh played a good game. There were some close ones there but he got the job done.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:46 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Like last game, Boosh is trashed early and ends up winning it and this time he has the stats to support the fact that he came up big. Still nary a mention of it.

Laviolette was our biggest star though. It's ****ing ridiculous that nearly every game the team comes out flat and Laviolette has to motivate them in between periods to get their **** together. It'd be nice if they were ready to start from the get-go for once. Other then that, Boosh came up big late and had one goal against that was his fault. Most of the team played well after that first intermission.
Boosh can makes some big saves and look stellar in stints, but those stints are easily replaced in peoples memories, by some of the horrible ones he lets in.

There is a reason he is pretty much a career backup.

At this point I'm starting to like him more then Leighton. He is a better team player, hes cheaper and there is no stigma with him lying about an injury before signing a contract.

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:47 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

I was down on Boosh early but he rebounded well. Gotta have better first periods, however, we seem to be coming out flat.

Good win, nonetheless. J-V-ARRRRR

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:48 PM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Big comeback win tonight!!

Glad to see Boucher bounce back after giving up that first goal. Hopefully he is getting some of his timing and confidence back after sitting so long.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Philadelphia Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Pens need to lose so the night can be perfect.
I really thought the flames would win against the rags so it would be a perfect night.

Philadelphia Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Homer still majorly ****ed up this offseason and was subsequently bailed out by a rookie Russian goaltender; however, he has earned a slight reprieve for Carter and Giroux's cap hits, imo.
I think the bailed out thing is an excuse. After all. They have been scouting Bob for years. He knew what he was doing.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
agrudez*

Quote:
I don't get the Subban hate, but w/e.

There was never doubt in my mind that we're better then the Habs. Whenever Price isn't in God mode they're a pretty average team.

Still have only seen one person give props to Boosh and I haven't seen anyone that was trashing him early come back to eat crow, but w/e.
You are beating the drum for Boosh love pretty hard lately man. He is an average to below average backup with a low cap hit. He makes some good saves, but lets in too many brutal goals which can deflate the team. Maybe some people ask too much from him as a backup, but when he lets in one to two softies a game it is tough to ask people to not vent frustration.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:49 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
guys dont quote trolls, makes more work for us mods when we are deleting posts

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:52 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2573
Someone earlier inquired about the nets. This is the rationalization (from Tim P.):

Quote:
Last Thursday against Tampa Bay, a puck went completely through the back of the net at the north end of the building. The NHL asked the Flyers to send them the nets for examination. As a result, the dirty, older practice nets which don’t have cameras in them were used for the game. Flyers officials expect to have their newer nets back in time for Black Friday’s matinee against Calgary.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
You are beating the drum for Boosh love pretty hard lately man. He is an average to below average backup with a low cap hit. He makes some good saves, but lets in too many brutal goals which can deflate the team. Maybe some people ask too much from him as a backup, but when he lets in one to two softies a game it is tough to ask people to not vent frustration.
Thank you....

Having said this he settled in along with the team but let's not start crowning him the new starter. He's a cheap backup who doesn't hide injuries (cough cough), mope and can come up with a stretch of wins provided he gets goal support. Nothing more and nothing less...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
I think the bailed out thing is an excuse. After all. They have been scouting Bob for years. He knew what he was doing.
Firstly, it is a flat out lie that they have been scouting Bob for years. It is well documented that they pursued him without even watching him play (and limited tape viewings from Reese). Some people have speculated that Little "scouted" Bob while he was scouting Emery and Esche, but really, that couldn't have been more than a game or two.

Secondly, even if Homer had TRULY scouted him for years and thought he would be the real deal, he still couldn't have possibly thought he could come in his first year in NA and play the way he has.

It is a fact that Bob bailed Homer out in the goalie department.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoDu

since Lavi likes to ride the hot goalie, is Boosh starting the next game?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Good news is; Boucher got a 2 win streak much earlier then last year.

Hopefully the team can continue to play well in front of him, expecting to play Bobo every night is not going to happen.

Old
Philadelphia Flames

Quote:
Actually, as many times as I watch the flyer p..ssies hit someone from behind, I think that you guys would know to keep your mouths shut. You are playing a team of men now...and they are up 2-0.

HAHAHA

Philadelphia Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Boosh can makes some big saves and look stellar in stints, but those stints are easily replaced in peoples memories, by some of the horrible ones he lets in.
Yeah, and I'm fine for criticizing him when he lets in a bad goal, but half this board is on his ass as soon as it's announced that he'll start and before the game is even over. The guy gets bashed all the time despite doing what's asked of him and no one ever comes back to eat their crow it seems.

Quote:
There is a reason he is pretty much a career backup.
Yeah, and that's what some people's problems seem to be. They don't realize that he is a career backup and when it comes to career backups the best you can realistically expect is for them to keep you in the game. If it was reasonable to expect them to not let in bad goals or to win you games on their own then he wouldn't be a career backup.

Quote:
At this point I'm starting to like him more then Leighton. He is a better team player, hes cheaper and there is no stigma with him lying about an injury before signing a contract.
Gonna have to test Leighton out. It's unclear if he's healthy yet and unclear if he can repeat least year's regular season success. If he can stay healthy and do what he did last year I'm fine for keeping Leighton on as the backup. Otherwise, I'm fine with Boosh too. They're both great team guys and they're both crappy goalies which is why they're backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
I was down on Boosh early but he rebounded well. Gotta have better first periods, however, we seem to be coming out flat.

Good win, nonetheless. J-V-ARRRRR
I've never seen a team so consistently come out flat in the start of a game. It was a common problem under Stevens too. On the other side of things, it's amazing how Laviolette can come up with a new ass-ripping or inspirational speech to turn them around every game.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
we got bailed out by Leighton getting hurt

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
We have room at the wine table.
Haha...can you save a glass or two for me please?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrHockey1982

Hey I just looked at the standings and since we have a higher goal differential than the caps WE ARE FIRST OVERALL IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Firstly, it is a flat out lie that they have been scouting Bob for years. It is well documented that they pursued him without even watching him play (and limited tape viewings from Reese). Some people have speculated that Little "scouted" Bob while he was scouting Emery and Esche, but really, that couldn't have been more than a game or two.

Secondly, even if Homer had TRULY scouted him for years and thought he would be the real deal, he still couldn't have possibly thought he could come in his first year in NA and play the way he has.

It is a fact that Bob bailed Homer out in the goalie department.
They were having looks at him when they were scouting Esche and Emery in the KHL. Yes they were scouting him.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Absolutely. CharlieGirl and I have a never-ending supply.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
CharlieGirl is a drunk. You gotta grab it before it's gone!

Old
11-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Thank you....

Having said this he settled in along with the team but let's not start crowning him the new starter. He's a cheap backup who doesn't hide injuries (cough cough), mope and can come up with a stretch of wins provided he gets goal support. Nothing more and nothing less...
See my last post. I "beat his drum" because no one else does. He's consistently bashed despite being perfectly fine for us and when he does well seemingly no one is around to give him credit or eat crow. It's amazingly hypocritical and cheap to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Good news is; Boucher got a 2 win streak much earlier then last year.

Hopefully the team can continue to play well in front of him, expecting to play Bobo every night is not going to happen.
Never know with Lavi. I think he knows Bob is our starter, but he likes to ride the hot hand.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:56 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
Hey I just looked at the standings and since we have a higher goal differential than the caps WE ARE FIRST OVERALL IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!
I think the Flyers are the leading offensive team as well..an among the leaders in GA's

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 08:57 PM
BernieParent

Bob-WHO-sky??

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote