HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

wrist tape? (pain)

Old
12-25-2010, 05:27 PM
spizzle420

vCash: 500
wrist tape? (pain)

I'm always chasing the guy with the puck to force a pass or play... usually I'm stretching one handed moving my stick around to deflect the pass or just interfere... and this has caused my wrist to have strains after ... usually after a few games in the same week.

Does anyone ever get this? Are there exercises or protection that can be used to prevent this?

When I rotate my wrist there seems to be a "click" lol but if I hold the wrist with the other hand and rotate it, it seems less painful... and I've seen players seemingly tape their wrists up...

so I was just wondering if anyone knew anything on the topic...

Thanks.

spizzle420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2010, 07:19 PM
rinkrat22

vCash: 500
I tape my wrists for pretty much any athletic endeavor, hockey included. get some pre-wrap and some 1 1/2" athletic tape and you are good to go. My right wrist has a torn ligament and both wrists have arthritis. If I forget to wrap them after making 1 hard pass I am quickly reminded to get my ass back in the locker room to tape up. Be prepared though everytime you're taping up someone is gonna say to you "puttin on the foil"?

rinkrat22 is offline   Reply With Quote