HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Redskins Thread VII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2010, 01:09 PM
  #26
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Let the beatdown begin.
Agreed, but WTF does Orakpo have to do to get an Fing holding call. On the playaction pass before the TD run he was put in a headlock right in front of the ref and nothing. BS.

25 to 35 mph winds, Giants are #1 against the pass and 9th against the run. Add to the fact that the Skins have crap luck when playing in NY and its gonna be a long day.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 01:12 PM
  #27
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Heyer is playing LT? Yup, gonna be tough.

But Paulson and his magic ponytail is playing. There is hope.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
  #28
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
*Update* Favre just got crushed from behind by a Bill and is out with a hurt wrist.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 01:23 PM
  #29
Chimaera
same ol' Caps
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La Plata, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 21,953
vCash: 500
the giants are going to drop 70 on the Skins. They're awful.

Chimaera is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
  #30
Chimaera
same ol' Caps
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La Plata, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 21,953
vCash: 500
Davis doesn't look bad. Might need to snag him for fantasy.

Chimaera is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 01:42 PM
  #31
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Good to see that Devin Thomas has found his calling as a gunner on special teams. Better than nothing I suppose.

Paulsen with a catch to. Regardless of how bad the Skins get beat, it is damn good to see the young guys getting experience.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 02:14 PM
  #32
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Rocky McIntosh is not a MLB in a 3-4. His piss poor effort on that last Giants TD is proof. Put in Perry Riley please. He will make mistakes, but at least he will go full speed.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 02:47 PM
  #33
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
I don't know whats more pathetic. Mike Sellars dropping a wide open pass in the flat, or Daryl "The Moose Brain" Johnston saying Sellars has great hands and usually makes that catch in his sleep.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 02:54 PM
  #34
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 19,385
vCash: 500
I had hoped Davis would get drafted by Denver when Shanahan was there. Always thought he'd do well as a one-cut back in a zone blocking scheme. Unfortunately, he went to the football equivalent of a black hole. He's a talented runner, he just needs reps.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
  #35
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I had hoped Davis would get drafted by Denver when Shanahan was there. Always thought he'd do well as a one-cut back in a zone blocking scheme. Unfortunately, he went to the football equivalent of a black hole. He's a talented runner, he just needs reps.
Agreed, he does seem to have some potential. And he's young, two positives to build on.

And hey on the brightside the Skins won't get shut out. Looked like that was a real possibility.

Also, I'm loving the white jersey's and the gold pants. Wish they would wear that at home.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 03:42 PM
  #36
EroCaps
Registered User
 
EroCaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,664
vCash: 500
Haslett is just a loser.

You could add 3 UFL teams to the league and their D would be 35th.

McNabb is everything Eagles fans claimed he was.

The rest is injuries.

EroCaps is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 03:49 PM
  #37
sillygoose
Registered User
 
sillygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
I don't know whats more pathetic. Mike Sellars dropping a wide open pass in the flat, or Daryl "The Moose Brain" Johnston saying Sellars has great hands and usually makes that catch in his sleep.
sellers does have pretty decent hands, especially for a guy his size.

sillygoose is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 04:04 PM
  #38
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygoose View Post
sellers does have pretty decent hands, especially for a guy his size.
Negative. He is a fine special teams player, but an average FB, especially considering how much he is payed. He is one I would like seen cut in the offseason. At 35 years old its time to move on.

And a piss poor effort put forth by the Skins today. Instead of showing progress in the 2nd half of the season under a new coach they are moving backwards. 6 turnovers = pathetic

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 05:20 PM
  #39
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,096
vCash: 500
Embarassing.....so typical.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
  #40
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,701
vCash: 1300
I was kind of happy to see Thomas bull rush through Moore to block a punt today. Given a chance to make plays, he makes them.

Our 3-4 is atrocious and whoever decided to go in win now mode, yet implement the 3-4 should be relieved of duty. Our NT gets blown up so the scheme is a fail from the start. Tackling is horrible. No pressure on the QB. Exotic blitzes my ass.

Our offense is atrocious, the only flashes you see are the no name backs and Armstrong, an intense guy. McNubb inaccurate, our OL pourous; playcalling lame. Why dont we go hurry up down a boatload of scores? Folks complain about Al throwing in the towel, Shanny throws in the towel himself.

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 06:57 PM
  #41
Berakos
Registered User
 
Berakos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I was kind of happy to see Thomas bull rush through Moore to block a punt today. Given a chance to make plays, he makes them.

Our 3-4 is atrocious and whoever decided to go in win now mode, yet implement the 3-4 should be relieved of duty. Our NT gets blown up so the scheme is a fail from the start. Tackling is horrible. No pressure on the QB. Exotic blitzes my ass.

Our offense is atrocious, the only flashes you see are the no name backs and Armstrong, an intense guy. McNubb inaccurate, our OL pourous; playcalling lame. Why dont we go hurry up down a boatload of scores? Folks complain about Al throwing in the towel, Shanny throws in the towel himself.
There were tons of people saying Blatche was the one to blame for the defense, but i still see the same defense, where was this using Carlos Rogers and bringing him off the edge. Kareem Moore, where was all this hype of him being such a playmaker, I see nothing but poor tackling and no coverage skills.

Berakos is offline  
Old
12-05-2010, 11:49 PM
  #42
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berakos View Post
There were tons of people saying Blatche was the one to blame for the defense, but i still see the same defense, where was this using Carlos Rogers and bringing him off the edge. Kareem Moore, where was all this hype of him being such a playmaker, I see nothing but poor tackling and no coverage skills.
Carlos Rodgers didn't play because of a bad hammy so the only thing he was coming off was the bench to clap and pat backs. And Kareem Moore is what he is, a 6th or 7th round draft pick.

Kevin Barnes played a lot in the second half, because of Buchanon getting benched, and that is a positive because he needs experience. Either HB Blades or Perry Riley need to replace Rocky McIntosh. He's banged up and he really isn't suited to a MLB spot in a 3-4.

Its always darkest before the damn right? Thats at least what I tell myself anyway. Time for the Skins to insert the young guys. If the Skins are going to get embarrassed like that moving forward they might as well try out the backup's to see if they are worth a damn.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-06-2010, 07:13 AM
  #43
Francesa
Moderator
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ
 
Francesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 192,424
vCash: 500
The last time the Skins beat the Giants was probably the Giants SB year at the Meadowlands when Eli shattered an incompletion record

Ever since then Jacobs and Eli always break out, they were gashing apart the Redskins weak D yesterday, and it doesn't get easier from here on out

I don't know if I said this here, but I don't think they will win another game this season. The schedule is really tough for the last few games.

Francesa is offline  
Old
12-06-2010, 12:12 PM
  #44
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
The last time the Skins beat the Giants was probably the Giants SB year at the Meadowlands when Eli shattered an incompletion record

Ever since then Jacobs and Eli always break out, they were gashing apart the Redskins weak D yesterday, and it doesn't get easier from here on out

I don't know if I said this here, but I don't think they will win another game this season. The schedule is really tough for the last few games.
Well they found a way to win against Green Bay and Dallas so anything is possible, but yes the chances of them winning another game this year is slim. But hey for me they didn't get swept by the Crackboys this year, and they didn't get swept by the entire NFC East this year either. For me thats progress, then again, my expectations for this team at this point is low and pretty simple. Sweep Dallas. Anything else is a bonus.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
  #45
Duke33
Registered User
 
Duke33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Well they found a way to win against Green Bay and Dallas so anything is possible, but yes the chances of them winning another game this year is slim. But hey for me they didn't get swept by the Crackboys this year, and they didn't get swept by the entire NFC East this year either. For me thats progress, then again, my expectations for this team at this point is low and pretty simple. Sweep Dallas. Anything else is a bonus.
I think it's less of a "they found a way to win" thing as that the opposition found a way to lose. If Dallas & Green Bay (and Chicago) hadn't shot themselves in the foot with penalties, stretches of awful play etc (in addition to some very benefical bad officiating in the Bears game), the Redskins would have more of a Lions-type record. Except the Lions would be better off since they beat the Redskins like a drum.

Duke33 is offline  
Old
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
  #46
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 15,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Our 3-4 is atrocious and whoever decided to go in win now mode, yet implement the 3-4 should be relieved of duty. Our NT gets blown up so the scheme is a fail from the start. Tackling is horrible. No pressure on the QB. Exotic blitzes my ass.
Haslett should have been fired 7 minutes into the 2nd Eagles game. He should have been fired again at halftime yesterday.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
  #47
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,701
vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Haslett should have been fired 7 minutes into the 2nd Eagles game. He should have been fired again at halftime yesterday.
Not that Haslet is any good, but was it his idea to go 3-4? I have to say I doubt it. Our NT tore his achillies last year and it shows. The only other 3-4 guy we brought in was Carriker, largely a bust until now.

We show these 4-3 looks because guys like Carter Fat Al and maybe even Orakpo, dont fit a 3-4. Too bad we never let Orakpo play his natural position in the NFL. He was the lineman of the year in college. He will get his sacks but he isnt the game changer he was supposed to be at LB.

Alexander looks like he can barely run these days.

I didnt realize outcast Devin Thomas had 3 great plays against us yesterday. Stuck Austin, down on the 1, and basically carried Moore to block the punt. Without Banks hands on the ball, our teams suck ass. We may have the worst LS in the league.

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
12-06-2010, 04:11 PM
  #48
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,096
vCash: 500
Banks is the only thing on the team worth watching....the little dude is amazing.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
12-06-2010, 05:14 PM
  #49
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,715
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
I think it's less of a "they found a way to win" thing as that the opposition found a way to lose. If Dallas & Green Bay (and Chicago) hadn't shot themselves in the foot with penalties, stretches of awful play etc (in addition to some very benefical bad officiating in the Bears game), the Redskins would have more of a Lions-type record. Except the Lions would be better off since they beat the Redskins like a drum.
Well MeAngelo Hall had the presence of mind to pick up that Tashard Choice fumble right before halftime and return it for a TD. The Crackboys didn't let that happen. Physical play by the Skins Defense (primarily Dirty 30) knocked out a couple key players from Green Bay, and a timely interception (Dirty 30 again) led to the game winning FG in OT for the win. Physical play by the Skins D once again knocked out a key player for the Eagles, and the defense shut down the season opening starter at QB for the Eagles to preserve the win. And sure Jay Cutler threw 4 INT's, but MeAngelo had to actually catch them (and return one for a TD) didn't he? It wasn't like Cutler ran up to MeAngelo and said "This is a gift for you". It can also be said that the Skins shot themselves in the foot in losses to the Rams and Lions.

My point is the Skins are a well deserved 5-7, but the 5 wins that they have they earned one way or the other. Not sure how that can be disputed.

WetHog is offline  
Old
12-06-2010, 05:44 PM
  #50
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,096
vCash: 500
At the beginning of the season, people would have been more than happy with 8-8....a few wins when they shouldn't have and people start expecting too much. This is bad team. Lose the rest of the way and get a better draft pick.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.