HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Redskins Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
Torain is a decent RB, but he has been out.

Old
12-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I might be in a dilemma next week if Torain starts again.

Old
12-12-2010, 02:52 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
At least that one's not on Gano.

Old
12-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Some of the worst special teams play I've seen in years

It's ridiculous to botch an extra point and miss 2 field goals, including one gimme

Old
12-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Cush
-inator

epic

Old
12-12-2010, 02:57 PM
jagrgodr

wow.. unreal. Redskins have to be the best team at losing in epic ways. Thank god i watch the games to see them lose

Old
12-12-2010, 02:57 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Good to see we're still totally incompetant. An extra play and we still find a way to lose. Everyone should be fired. Pathetic franchise.

Old
12-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Oh, by the way, Redskins got a 5th down on that drive

Old
12-12-2010, 03:00 PM
jagrgodr

yeah i was like WTF another play!?!?!?!?! At the end of the game they said that the whoever had caught it at the 4 yard line actually got a first down and the TV crew missed it. I don't know if that's true or not, but that was really weird.

Old
12-12-2010, 03:06 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Old
12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
What a game. Another fine effort put forth by the Boys. Here are my thoughts on this fabulous game:

1. Gano it was nice knowing you. Missing two gimmey FG's means its time to go.
2. Based on McNabb's play today, and to this point in the season, members of the Eagles front office are laughing their ***** off at how they fleeced the Skins.
3. No Banks being used on offense = stupid
4. Moss = overrated
5. McIntosh = ineffective
6. Safety's = inadequate
7. I guess the WWE choke hold is the most effective way to stop Orakpo.
8. Ryan Torrain is a beast. Just wish the Skins ran him more in the 2nd half. And thanks for the valuable fantasy points, now please stay healthy.
9. O-line = ok
10. There is much more to add, but I am to depressed.

Old
12-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Cush
-inator

the New England - Chicago game could be fun given the weather

Old
12-12-2010, 03:38 PM
EroCaps

Whatever.

Shanahan plucked Torain, Banks and Armstrong out of obscurity with no depth at any position or draft picks to fill them.

That alone gives me hope.

Old
12-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Riot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
7. I guess the WWE choke hold is the most effective way to stop Orakpo.
I couldn't believe the hold on him wasn't called on that Winslow TD catch. I nearly threw the remote through the wall.

Danny Smith should've ripped Gano's jersey off him following that second miss.

Old
12-13-2010, 08:46 AM
EYEuhFRAYtee

I was actually nervous that the skins might end up winning that game. It's all about draft position now.

Old
12-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Need to tank the last bunch.

Luck baby!

Old
12-14-2010, 08:12 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateWasGod View Post
I was actually nervous that the skins might end up winning that game. It's all about draft position now.
Draft position for what? The only player worth tanking the final games to draft at this point is Luck out of Standford, and with Carolina having the worst record by a mile, and in desperate need of a franchise QB, he will be gone.

And I hope no one brings up drafting Cam Newton. That guy is shady and is already referring to himself in the third person. Add to the fact that it is clear that his father will be a factor in his life in a negative way finacially, I hope the Skins don't draft him.

The Skins need to take their high 1st round pick this year and trade down. Find another team with a hard-on for Newton and take advantage of it. Trade down to recoup picks lost on McNabb and Jamal Brown and draft linemen, linemen, and more linemen please.

Old
12-14-2010, 08:56 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
We should trade (or should have traded) the pieces we knew wouldnt fit a 3-4. Guys like Carter and Rocky, they get things done in the 4-3. They have struggled all year. I hate the 3-4. Always did, but mostly because we never ran it in Washington.

So we need a NT, an OLB (sorry but Alexander looks stiff and slow - unproductive regardless) an ILB, and some backup LB's. We need a FS too. Philly is built fast and we are old and slow.

Maybe we should trade McNabb for picks. His inaccuracy on short passes is maddening, the Philly fans are laughing at us. Even his deep balls are often off target. Only because of some miraculous catches by Armstrong, has he completed a bunch.

We should trade our first to move down / add picks.

What a frigging mess this team is. Shanahan seems like he is trying to win now but you cant do that forcing us as constructed into a 3-4. It makes no sense. He should have moved to the 3-4 next year.

Old
12-14-2010, 10:48 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
We should trade (or should have traded) the pieces we knew wouldnt fit a 3-4. Guys like Carter and Rocky, they get things done in the 4-3. They have struggled all year. I hate the 3-4. Always did, but mostly because we never ran it in Washington.

So we need a NT, an OLB (sorry but Alexander looks stiff and slow - unproductive regardless) an ILB, and some backup LB's. We need a FS too. Philly is built fast and we are old and slow.

Maybe we should trade McNabb for picks. His inaccuracy on short passes is maddening, the Philly fans are laughing at us. Even his deep balls are often off target. Only because of some miraculous catches by Armstrong, has he completed a bunch.

We should trade our first to move down / add picks.

What a frigging mess this team is. Shanahan seems like he is trying to win now but you cant do that forcing us as constructed into a 3-4. It makes no sense. He should have moved to the 3-4 next year.
Not much to disagree with on my end, but I feel Shanallenhan got rid of what they felt they could last offseason and didn't want to junk the whole thing. Andre Carter and Rocky McIntosh will be gone after this season. Neither one fits into a 3-4 and that is obvious. Carriker, Jarmon, Golston and Bryant are worth keeping around for the D-line. Fletcher, Orakpo, Alexander, and Riley are worth keeping around as LB's, although I think Alexander would be better suited as a DE in the 3-4. And Landry, Hall, Barnes and Westbrook are worth keeping around as DB's. But thats it. The rest need to be replaced one way or the other over the next couple years.

As for McNabb, the potential to trade him is there. He calls Arizona his offseason home and they are desperate to upgrade at QB. And based on last nights game, I have to think the Vikings would be interested. Would the Skins get back what they dished out to get McNabb? Absolutely not, but they will get something and based on way things went this year I wouldn't be surprised if McNabb is moved. The structure of his contract extension seems to point to that possbility as well. Very accomodating to which ever team he plays for in the future.

Old
12-14-2010, 10:56 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
McNabb here for one year and gone wouldnt surprise me. The Campbell bashers were quick to point out how much of a better leader he is, and what not. And there is truth to that. But at the end of the day, his stats suck, our offense sucks and he hasnt improved the team very much over Campbell. McNabb even got oddly benched. Grossman got a lot of snaps on friday and I thought Nub would get benched on Sunday, but he didn't. With a fierce running game that should have been used to open up the passing game via play action, he could only eek out 7 points in the first 59+ minutes.

It almost seems as chaotic as ever on our team. He may have added team stability and truly improved our offense, but I think its apparent McNabb is not our answer at QB. Most INT's in his career. I would wager fewest TD's per game as well. He is not winning games for us.

Amazingly, he hasnt gotten injured this year. Yep rest assured thats a jinx. But if he can remain healthy, it should up his trade value a tad.

+1 on Alexander as an end. We need to get faster and thats an option. Heck I would keep him for teams alone.

Old
12-14-2010, 11:10 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
+1 on Alexander as an end. We need to get faster and thats an option. Heck I would keep him for teams alone.
Yes Alexander needs to be on the team for the foreseable future. He has taken over for Sellars on Teams and he is to versatile to let go.

As for the current state of the Skins, well the team has been held together with duct tape and paper clips ever since LiL Danny bought the team. Every year LiL Danny blows his load on high priced FA's and is forced to scrounge in the dumpster for roster depth. Hopefully this year is the first in a series of rebuilding years to get this team up to the level of teams like the Patriots and Eagles. Teams built through the draft. Teams that are young and have depth at most, if not all, roster spots. Regardless, this offseason will tell us all what Shanallenhan's plans are moving foward. All we can do is sit back and hope.

Old
12-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

I think I might whack Shanny if it came to it.

Old
12-14-2010, 01:57 PM
EYEuhFRAYtee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
I'd give him another year or two at the very least. A brand new top to bottom FO needs time. I think the Skins average a new head coach every 2 seasons under Snyder.

Old
12-14-2010, 02:08 PM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Worst possible move.

Haslett, maybe.

You give them time to build a team for once.

Old
12-14-2010, 06:21 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
Worst possible move.

Haslett, maybe.

You give them time to build a team for once.
If I remember correctly, the Rams under Dick Vermeil were crap the first two years and in the third they won the Super Bowl. I am not saying Shanahan will do the same, but it would be great if he did, but its proof in most situations HC's need at least 3 years to prove their worth. We shall see though.

Closed Thread