HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

The All Redskins Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Langway
Floatvechkin

vCash: 500
Haha:

kjohnsoncsn: Just learned that Rex Grossman is starting over McNabb Sun in Dallas; I'm told Redskins Lockeroom is divided and guys are extremely upset.

Old
12-17-2010, 09:43 AM
txpd

redskins are a joke. jack kent cooke is succeding in his final up yours better than he could have imagined

Old
12-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Francesa
Global Moderator

That is ridiculously stupid.

Kornheiser is on now rambling about how it's a conspiracy about Kyle Shanahan and Grossman

Old
12-17-2010, 10:23 AM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
redskins are a joke. jack kent cooke is succeding in his final up yours better than he could have imagined
Your half right. "The Curse of John Kent Cooke" is what is afflicting this team. He got pissed when he couldn't buy the team from his Dads estate and he put a curse on the team before he hoped a plane to Bermuda. I have proof.

In all seriousness, whats the big deal with starting Grossman? McNabb has done all he could do obviously, and by some accounts has regressed since the start of the season. Why not see what Grossman can do? He does have 1 more year in this system then McNabb. At this point things can't get much worse. Might as well see what others on the roster can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
That is ridiculously stupid.

Kornheiser is on now rambling about how it's a conspiracy about Kyle Shanahan and Grossman
Andy Polin is the one flying off the handle at this moment on TK's show. The guy is a joke sometimes that way.

Old
12-17-2010, 10:51 AM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

vCash: 50
Some of us wondered why we got McNabb in the first place. I wanted those picks. Not INT picks.

He has been inconsistent (in even the short passing game) his entire career. He had to transform from a mobile QB to a pocket QB because he became injury prone. Sure he looks great on the podium, handles the press well, is a class act, and is an upgrade over Jason. But again, dumping picks for him and then going to a 3-4 without the pieces was flat out stupid.

I dont mind change, but Grossman is horrible. But I think Mike wants to give Kyle's offense a chance. And suspect Kyle thinks McNabb's consistently inaccurate passing is tanking it. Has a coach ever fired his son? I doubt it, so the QB has to take the fall.

Kyle and Mike dont seem to be on the same page. Old man Shanahan is geezing IMO.

Old
12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Duke33

Bottom line is McNabb has not been a very good QB this year. Yeah he's thrown for a lot of yards, that's what his backers babble on about. But when you look at his attempts, etc, the fact he's statistically the 25th rated passer this year, leads the league in INTs....is anyone really suprised?

Some of his backers and columnists are already shrieking and wailing about respect, or the lack of it, etc....I mean who cares? It's not like he's having a great season, and the Redskins are 10-3 trying to nail down a playoff berth.

Grossman by no means is the answer, but at this point who cares, let someone else give it a shot. McNabb has stunk.

Old
12-17-2010, 12:05 PM
marcel snapshot

[QUOTE=RandyHolt;29629242] But I think Mike wants to give Kyle's offense a chance. And suspect Kyle thinks McNabb's consistently inaccurate passing is tanking it. Has a coach ever fired his son? I doubt it, so the QB has to take the fall.QUOTE]

This move actually puts more pressure on Shanahan though. If the offense tanks, he doesn't have McNabb as a scapegoat anymore. So he's deprived himself of an "out" here, which I suppose shows a bit of sack.

Old
12-17-2010, 12:42 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Good point about Shanahan now under the gun, but I dont think he cares. Like that old man cussing like a sailor in the nursing home. But this points to McNabb for the failures in previous weeks, perhaps his scapecoat for the entire year. Our offense is what, 28th?

We are just seeing a head coach with a big f'ing ball sack. He will find an out if its important to him. We need to upgrade the offensive line. We are still evaluating players, blah blah. I imagine he will squeak by somehow via his comedic lies to the story starved media. I will say he blames this move to Grossman on an injury.

I think Dan is afraid of him.

Old
12-17-2010, 01:35 PM
WetHog

Shanahan is on the John Thompson Show right now explaining his decision on changing QB's. He stated that the Skins are currently in an evaluation process for next year, and that BOTH Grossman and Beck have earned the right to be evaluated in a game situation and that is what he explained to McNabb.

Based on the current record of the Skins, and their non-exsistant playoff status, I cannot see what is wrong with this decision.

I will say though, I am interested to see Beck play. Hopefully he gets a start against Jacksonville. We shall see though.

Also, Shanahan stated that the evaluation of younger players on the team will also take place on the Defensive side of the team. Excellent news. Time to use these last 3 games in a productive way.

Last edited by WetHog: 12-17-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old
12-17-2010, 01:46 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

**** McNabb. Hated that stupid trade for the start.

Old
12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Berakos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Shanahan is on the John Thompson Show right now explaining his decision on changing QB's. He stated that the Skins are currently in an evaluation process for next year, and that BOTH Grossman and Beck have earned the right to be evaluated in a game situation and that is what he explained to McNabb.

Based on the current record of the Skins, and their non-exsistant playoff status, I cannot see what is wrong with this decision.

I will say though, I am interested to see Beck play. Hopefully he gets a start against Jacksonville. We shall see though.

Also, Shanahan stated that the evaluation of younger players on the team will also take place on the Defensive side of the team. Excellent news. Time to use these last 3 games in a productive way.
Yup also i heard Macho Harris had been getting all the reps for FS, because of Moore's injury. I'm excited to see what the new guys have to give this weekend.

Old
12-17-2010, 02:08 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
**** McNabb. Hated that stupid trade for the start.
Looking back I agree 100%. It would of been better to go with Grossman, Beck, or another QB for this season and build in the draft. The picks given up for McNabb were valuable and apparently wasted. Then again, based on their past experience in the draft, I am sure the Eagles will put those picks to good use.

Old
12-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Berakos

How long you guys think it will take for Grossman to get replaced by Beck? i say 2 quarters if that.

Old
12-17-2010, 02:12 PM
EroCaps

The season is over and they're seeing what they have with Grossman after McNabb's dreadful season.

Where's the controversy?

Old
12-17-2010, 02:20 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
The season is over and they're seeing what they have with Grossman after McNabb's dreadful season.

Where's the controversy?
Agreed. Quite honestly if Beck or Grossman look serviceable in the offense they might be able to get something out of a McNabb trade.

The draft board for QBs doesn't look good, and the FAs available looks even worse. McNabb hasn't earned a guaranteed spot.

Old
12-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Roccoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post

Where's the controversy?
indeed.

Old
12-17-2010, 02:22 PM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

They overpaid for McNabb. There is no controversy nor debate at this point. He is a bad fit here for whatever the Shanny's are trying to do (maybe the real problem). Yep we got looted by Philly. Its worse since its an division rival.

Grossman is horrible but they will leave him in there. They dont want to deal with the media fallout of yanking a guy who has barely had time to prove himself. "You benched McNabb for just a quarter of Grossman? Why did you bother?" thing

I say we get Jeff Beck two weeks from now, or in the last game of the year.

Old
12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Yep we got looted by Philly. Its worse since its an division rival.
IMO, the Skins trading with the Crackboys (got 2nd and 3rd round picks in 1996) to move back into round 1 to pick Andre Johnson hurts more.

Last edited by WetHog: 12-17-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old
12-17-2010, 03:03 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Skins are going into full rebuild mode. McNabb is done. Let's see if they can draft well for the next two seasons, and hold off of stupid free agent moves.

McNabb is probably lucky to be moving on. He could take a good team deep in the playoffs still IMO. I could see him in Minnesota or Arizona doing well next year and he gets an easy $10 mil.

6 - Number of playoff series the Capitals have won since George McPhee took over as General Manager in 1997 (which makes him the third-longest-tenured GM in the League), three of which came in McPhee's first season on the job.
Old
12-17-2010, 03:08 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

LOL....just now on Comcast....they're interviewing Kyle Shanahan who says the team understand and they're fine with the move. La Canfora contradicts with "players are angry and confused".

Sweet a revolt is going to be entertaining.

Old
12-17-2010, 03:16 PM
WetHog

La Canfora was a ****** when he covered the team for the Post, and he continues to be a ****** with the NFL Network.

Old
12-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Robert Theodorson

I've been telling my friends who are Redskins fans for years now that Washington will never even get close to winning a Superbowl while Snyder is still the owner. Shanahan looks like a total dick and Snyder had to give up so much power to him just to bring him to DC that he essentially has his hands tied.

It sucks for you guys because he is a great businessman and the Skins will be profitable as long as an earthquake doesn't strike down Fed Ex, but you will go nowhere with him.

Still beats being a Ravens fan though, talk about scum

Old
12-17-2010, 10:44 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Still beats being a Ravens fan though, talk about scum
**** the Crows, and Model makes Snyder look like a Saint.

Old
12-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Mickstix

Shanny benches McNabb, stating he wants to see what they've got in Grossman and Beck, yet Rabach still gets to trot out there every week at Center and act like a revolving door.. Shanny started with a very long rope.. I believe he's used up about 2/3's of it already.. Doesnt appear that any move he makes is the right one.. Im hopeful they can do SOMETHING right this offseason, and start to right the ship next year, but I'm not holding my breath.. Im beginning to think over priced/big name "players" who come to DC and suck, arent the only thing Snyder knows how to hire..

Old
12-18-2010, 12:46 AM
EroCaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
LOL....just now on Comcast....they're interviewing Kyle Shanahan who says the team understand and they're fine with the move. La Canfora contradicts with "players are angry and confused".

Sweet a revolt is going to be entertaining.
Aren't football players generally angry and confused about most things?

La Canfora is a weasel.

Closed Thread