HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

The All Redskins Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Robert Theodorson

vCash: 500
You won't get anything for Haynesworth either, 29 other teams know the Redskins must trade him and will offer very little back for him citing that huge contract he has and they can cite his play or lack thereof during his time in Washington. In the NFL 2nd round picks are golden so I really can't see the Skins getting anything more than a 3rd or 4th round. If you think I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about we (Pittsburgh) unloaded a Superbowl MVP big time playmaker in his early 20s, Santonio Holmes, for a 6th rounder.

Old
12-18-2010, 02:43 AM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
If you think I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about we (Pittsburgh) unloaded a Superbowl MVP big time playmaker in his early 20s, Santonio Holmes, for a 6th rounder.
You left out one important bit of information in regards to Holmes. That info is he got busted for smoking pot, it was his second offense as a member of the substance abuse program, and whoever traded for him was gonna have to live with him sitting out the first 4 games of this season. I am sure that factored into the Steelers only getting a 6th for him.

As for Haynesworth, the Skins have a small amount of leverage. If they can't get what they want for him they either keep him or cut him. If another team wants him bad enough they will take that into consideration. Ultimately though I think the Skins will wind up cutting him, but probably not until the final cuts in the pre-season. Gives Shanahan a chance to **** with him a little more.

Old
12-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Shanahan's contracted Snyderitis. It's not about wins, it's about making a point. A dumb one. A misguided one.

Rex Grossman is trash. The Redskins' chances of getting a W just dropped significantly.

Old
12-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Shanahan's contracted Snyderitis. It's not about wins, it's about making a point. A dumb one. A misguided one.

Rex Grossman is trash. The Redskins' chances of getting a W just dropped significantly.
Maybe that's the point.

Old
12-18-2010, 11:53 AM
EYEuhFRAYtee

5-11

Old
12-18-2010, 12:49 PM
WetHog

Quote:

At this point wins doesn't matter. Giving young players and vets who's contracts are up at the end of the year (Grossman) a chance to play is to see if they are worth a damn is.

Grossman was average at best with Chicago, that is not in dispute. But LiL Shanny thinks he has something to offer in his offensive system and he wants to find that out. I have no problem with that so long as John Beck plays some meaningful minutes before this season is over.

Old
12-18-2010, 02:14 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
Maybe that's the point.

5-11
LOL....exactly....it's not rocket science people. They're tanking.

Old
12-18-2010, 02:31 PM
EroCaps

Quote:

Shanahan is evaluating his team like a responsible coach to see if they need to pursue a QB in the offseason. He'd be a fool not to. This is football 101.

I swear Washington sports fans are such babies.

Just bc Snyder represents the Evil Empire doesn't make all of his players victims by default.

Old
12-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
You left out one important bit of information in regards to Holmes. That info is he got busted for smoking pot, it was his second offense as a member of the substance abuse program, and whoever traded for him was gonna have to live with him sitting out the first 4 games of this season. I am sure that factored into the Steelers only getting a 6th for him.

A Superbowl MVP at his age is worth a second round pick, he gets to play 12 games plus the playoffs. A 6th rounder is good for a guy at the twilight of his career possibly coming off surgery.

I trust in management because they run the team better than anyone, equal to the Pats, but I don't know one Steelers fan who liked this trade.

Anyways good luck with Haynesworth and McNabb, real free agents who want to play for more than money are going to goff at Redskins' offers after they've seen in the media circus just how poorly they've been treated by Shanahan.

Old
12-18-2010, 03:28 PM
WetHog

Quote:

A Superbowl MVP at his age is worth a second round pick, he gets to play 12 games plus the playoffs. A 6th rounder is good for a guy at the twilight of his career possibly coming off surgery.
A Super Bowl MVP that if caught smoking pot, or taking an over the counter cold medicine that is not approved by the NFL, again he is gone for an entire season. Yeah that had no effect on his trade value.

I'm not sure what you are trying to debate. Are you saying the Steelers made a mistake, or the Skins are a joke of an organization at this time. I agree with the latter, but disagree with the former. The Steelers as an organization have proven they know how to handle their roster. They reload, not rebuild. Saying goodbye to great players in their prime (like Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Barry Foster, and Carnell Lake to name a few) is what they do, and things have seemed to work out ok for them.

Quote:
Anyways good luck with Haynesworth and McNabb, real free agents who want to play for more than money are going to goff at Redskins' offers after they've seen in the media circus just how poorly they've been treated by Shanahan.
I hope your right actually because the Skins need to get out of the high priced FA market. They need to develop their own DRAFTED players. Then again, I heard yesterday on the radio that either ESPN or SI just did a poll of NFL players and asked them which current NFL coach they would most like to play for. Surprisenly Mike Shanahan was in the top 5. Yeah apparently having Shanahan as the Skins Head Coach will be a real turn off.

Last edited by WetHog: 12-18-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old
12-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Then again, I heard yesterday on the radio that either ESPN or SI just did a poll of NFL players and asked them which current NFL coach they would most like to play for. Surprisenly Mike Shanahan was in the top 5. Yeah apparently having Shanahan as the Skins Head Coach will be a real turn off.
If you like that Kool-Aid I have some purple for you. First one is NFL players second is up to date fan voting. Here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-players-want/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

Quote:
A Super Bowl MVP that if caught smoking pot, or taking an over the counter cold medicine that is not approved by the NFL, again he is gone for an entire season. Yeah that had no effect on his trade value.
Comparing Holmes and the biggest draft bust in NFL history, genius! PM me information on how to subscribe to your newsletter/blog.

Old
12-18-2010, 10:04 PM
WetHog

Quote:
If you like that Kool-Aid I have some purple for you. First one is NFL players second is up to date fan voting. Here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-players-want/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings
Two can play the link game.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...8810/index.htm

So I was wrong, Mike Shanahan came in 6 in the poll, not in the top 5. My bad, but ranking 6 out of 32 NFL Head Coaches is really gonna have a negative affect on the Skins FA recruiting.

Quote:
Comparing Holmes and the biggest draft bust in NFL history, genius! PM me information on how to subscribe to your newsletter/blog.
I'm sorry, what the hell are you talking about? However you came up with the idea that I am comparing Santonio Holmes to the Yahoo QB the Raiders took #1 over all is beyond me. Oh wait, I mentioned over the counter cough medicine, I get it.

The Steelers were trying to trade a SB MVP quality WR that has 2 failed drug tests on his record, had to sit out the first 4 games of the season, and is one dirty piss test away from being suspended for a year. Hence why he was worth a 6th round pick.

Also, Mike Wallace appears to be just as good as Holmes. Wallace also is younger and apparently isn't enrolled in the NFL's substance abuse program. Not sure why Steelers fans are butt hurt over the trade of Holmes. Oh well.

Last edited by WetHog: 12-18-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old
12-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Ugh, speaking of football, my fantasy football team is going to go wire to wire and out in the first round of playoffs.

Darn you Aaron Rogers!

I also have no idea who to start. Torrain, Forte, Foster (duh, starting) and Charles and I need 3.

Old
12-18-2010, 10:26 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Ugh, speaking of football, my fantasy football team is going to go wire to wire and out in the first round of playoffs.

Darn you Aaron Rogers!

I also have no idea who to start. Torrain, Forte, Foster (duh, starting) and Charles and I need 3.
If I were you I would not start Forte. Its gonna be as cold as a Witch's tit in MN Monday night, and the Williams Wall for the Vikings will be hard to crack.

Old
12-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

yeah, i'm nervous as to what Rexxy's going to do to the ATV's carries.

Old
12-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Mickstix

Quote:
yeah, i'm nervous as to what Rexxy's going to do to the ATV's carries.
It'll probably kill em'.. They wont have to worry at all about the qb leaving the pocket, and of course Rabach will still be playing center, so that revolving door will be open.. They'll load up the middle and I can imagine them stuffing Torain in the backfield (or at least getting hands on him)about every time he gets a handoff..

Old
12-19-2010, 11:41 AM
WetHog

I just realized the Skins are playing the Crackboys today. How sad is that? This entire week that should of been spent talking **** about the Crackboys has been spent on the "McFiasco".

Anyway, in the absence of a playoff push a sweep of the Crackboys would be very sweet. Come on 8 Car, drive us to victory!

Also, if anyone had doubt that McNabb would be gone after this year just have a gander to how much replica McNabb jersey's are going for. 39.99 or something like that. Recently reduced down from 80.00 along with surplus Haynesworth jersey's.

http://store.redskins.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=59

Hell they are still selling Galloway jersey's for 80.00. More disrespect for "McFiasco".

Last edited by WetHog: 12-19-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old
12-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Ugh, Collins or Garrard what turds I'm picking from.

Old
12-19-2010, 11:49 AM
WetHog

Quote:
Ugh, Collins or Garrard what turds I'm picking from.
Play Garrard. That team is on a role right now. And he has to be a better option than Collins.

Old
12-19-2010, 12:09 PM
WetHog

"Its a quarterbacks world, but not anymore." Well said Sam.

Sonny, Sam, and Frank was the **** back in the day. Larry, Sonny, and Sam has been ok. But it seems clear that good old Sam is, to be kind, starting to show his age.

Old
12-19-2010, 12:24 PM
WetHog

London Fletcher just turned on GOD Mode on that 4 and 1 play at the 1. Excellence.

Old
12-19-2010, 12:41 PM
WetHog

Kevin Barnes is playing FS and he just layed out Choice on a running play. AA County BABY! Represent.

Old
12-19-2010, 02:09 PM
WetHog

Getting dominated by the Crackboys is bad enough, but getting dominated while Jon Kitna is at QB is down right embarassing.

Old
12-19-2010, 02:45 PM
WetHog

Quote:
Getting dominated by the Crackboys is bad enough, but getting dominated while Jon Kitna is at QB is down right embarassing.
I guess I spoke to soon. Tied at 30 and Grossman is playing better than "McFiasco". Rough start, but he has looked good in the 2nd half.

And Perry Riley is playing meaningful minutes on D. Fabulous to see.

Old
12-19-2010, 03:13 PM
EroCaps

Grossman just played a better game than McNabb has all season. QB rating 93. 4 TDs.

Haslett's defense allowed 33 points. That's the game.

I expect dead silence from the buffoonish Shanny haters and #5 apologists.

Closed Thread