HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2011, 12:27 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
I don't usually use Ghost.

It's all about lightweight!

Old
02-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I don't usually use Ghost.

It's all about lightweight!
If I'm playing Domination I almost exclusively use lightweight. However, there isn't a lot of benefit to it in TDM, and significant drawback to not having Ghost up (Ghost helps you not be killed some, which is important in TDM... not so much in Dom).

Old
02-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
With Ghost on, I can run around and get to killstreaks with a great deal of regularity... just seems like the good players that use the radar effectively will find you and cut you off with a UAV up and no Ghost on. When I run non-Ghost classes, I still go positive but it's a lot more 3-1/2-1/1-1 lives as opposed to big runs (my lowest killstreak is almost always Napalm, so that's not getting 'er done).

I swear I could be a 2 k/d if I'd slow down and run 'n gun less in TDM... but man, playing the more passive game is so damn boring.

I will also say the influx of idiots since Christmas has gotten old. They either need to stop sucking, or quit playing. A friend of mine plays on XBOX and says it has been bad over there too. I feel like 80% of the games I'm in these days are lopsided one way or the other. Doesn't help that for some reason there are an army of big parties in every lobby.
OK, I'd been wondering about that. I got Black Ops at Christmas, and immediately noticed that stuff while I was comparing it to MW2. The noob crowd was pretty fun at first though, I managed to level up to 15 in a couple hours before my complete lack of familiarity with the maps slammed me.

Old
02-01-2011, 12:46 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Even in Domination I use ghost. I like defending in Domination (die alot more running around trying to capture flags). Plus everyone seems to like to run around so flag positions change alot. Take one flag, throw down a claymore which 99% of the times kills someone, and roll with ghost, and your pretty much set. Get kills plus alot of defends

Old
02-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
OK, I'd been wondering about that. I got Black Ops at Christmas, and immediately noticed that stuff while I was comparing it to MW2. The noob crowd was pretty fun at first though, I managed to level up to 15 in a couple hours before my complete lack of familiarity with the maps slammed me.
Are you on XBOX or PS3? My buddy told me it's starting to settle down a bit on XBOX. PS3... still a train wreck of suck. I've been quitting out of games with regularity lately entirely due to my team being absolutely atrocious (I even quit out of a game of Domination where I was romping and we were winning easily... just wasn't fun). Prior to Christmas I was getting into a lot of really good, competitive games. Right now it's really hard to find that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Even in Domination I use ghost. I like defending in Domination (die alot more running around trying to capture flags). Plus everyone seems to like to run around so flag positions change alot. Take one flag, throw down a claymore which 99% of the times kills someone, and roll with ghost, and your pretty much set. Get kills plus alot of defends
I like lightweight just cuz I can get to the flag areas faster. Particularly important given that in Ground War about 75% of the people completely ignore the fact that they are playing Domination half the time... which is really annoying.

I was playing a game the other day where a relatively high level kid was having the rules of Domination explained to him during the countdown.

We lost.

I have used Ghost some when I give up on the whole Domination thing and just want to kill some folks. If you go into TDM mode in Domination you can post some monster numbers.

Old
02-01-2011, 01:41 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

I barely play TDM, I find it way to boring.

I like HC S&D, HC CTF, Dom & Dem.

Old
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I barely play TDM, I find it way to boring.

I like HC S&D, HC CTF, Dom & Dem.
I play in Ground War lobbies, so get in TDM on a regular basis... probably a 60-40 split towards Dom. I just like the bigger games. I've never gotten into CTF or S&D, though I might depending on what happens with my interest in Killzone 3.

I find Demolition to be really frustrating just because it is so map dependent... some maps are fun, others are just infuriating because the defense has such an advantage (Estate on MW2 was just terrible).

I really enjoy HQ -- and there's great XP there -- but games of HQ are like 95% lopsided one way or the other. Not so much fun.

Old
02-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Depending on the rest of my team and where we spawn to start the map, I'll do this. Just grab a flag, and hold it. If it's clear we aren't going to get the middle flag, I'll loop around to cap their first.

Quote:
Are you on XBOX or PS3? My buddy told me it's starting to settle down a bit on XBOX. PS3... still a train wreck of suck. I've been quitting out of games with regularity lately entirely due to my team being absolutely atrocious (I even quit out of a game of Domination where I was romping and we were winning easily... just wasn't fun). Prior to Christmas I was getting into a lot of really good, competitive games. Right now it's really hard to find that.
PS3. Hopefully things settle down. It seems Domination matches are either ridiculous blowouts, or easy wins. I often leave the lobby after just one match if it's clear I'm going to be stuck on the losing team. All it takes is one party willing to work together, and if the other team doesn't have that, they lose miserably.

Old
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Try to be on a server on the losing team in BC2 Vietnam where they allow base ******... holy hell that is UGLY.

Old
02-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Try to be on a server on the losing team in BC2 Vietnam where they allow base ******... holy hell that is UGLY.
Are you referencing chopper attacks on spawns? If so, I've heard it's a major problem... but largely because of incompetence. I've never played those games, myself.

Old
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Are you referencing chopper attacks on spawns? If so, I've heard it's a major problem... but largely because of incompetence. I've never played those games, myself.
Choppers do it. But only a few servers allow attacking non-cap spawn points. Because some other servers can auto-kill/kick/ban you for spawn killing. But I mean, I've been on a few servers where you can pretty much sit at the entrance to their non-cap spawn (not in it) and kill them when they come around the corner/over the hill. It's mainly because the team that is getting owned this badly, does suck. It's not because of the imbalance of the maps, it's just the bad teams.

Old
02-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Jester

Quote:
Choppers do it. But only a few servers allow attacking non-cap spawn points. Because some other servers can auto-kill/kick/ban you for spawn killing. But I mean, I've been on a few servers where you can pretty much sit at the entrance to their non-cap spawn (not in it) and kill them when they come around the corner/over the hill. It's mainly because the team that is getting owned this badly, does suck. It's not because of the imbalance of the maps, it's just the bad teams.
Yeah, I watched a youtube clip where a guy was talking about that in BC... and his argument was basically it only happens because the one team sucks to begin with.

Old
02-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Slowbro

BC2 is camper haven regardless of sucky teams. denying that is just being naive.

Old
02-02-2011, 12:27 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Wow, Ground War in Black Ops is freaking easy.

Also, I'm so damned happy the FAL is still awesome.

Old
02-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Wow, Ground War in Black Ops is freaking easy.

Also, I'm so damned happy the FAL is still awesome.
Yeah, there's a lot of suck. However, it gets hard when you end up on a craptastic team and have killstreaks raining down on you the entire game. Had a TDM game in Ground War the other day where I started out 11-4 or something, and then the **** hit the fan.

Old
02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Start Leighton*

After getting past the first two hours of FF XIII the game really gets interesting. I am really starting to get into the game now.

Old
02-02-2011, 05:10 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
After getting past the first two hours of FF XIII the game really gets interesting. I am really starting to get into the game now.
Yea it is pretty good. You handling the camera angel well?

Although I hope that the series goes back to the classic fantasy vibe, instead of this sci-fi/hybrid fantasy.

Old
02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimiFerrari View Post
Yea it is pretty good. You handling the camera angel well?

Although I hope that the series goes back to the classic fantasy vibe, instead of this sci-fi/hybrid fantasy.
Yes. It was annoying at first but now I am used to it constantly keeping it centered behind me while I run.

FF VIII is still one of the best games I have ever played.

Old
02-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, there's a lot of suck. However, it gets hard when you end up on a craptastic team and have killstreaks raining down on you the entire game. Had a TDM game in Ground War the other day where I started out 11-4 or something, and then the **** hit the fan.
Yeah, about 5 minutes after I posted this that happened to me.

Old
02-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
I tend to do alot of the wager games, Gun Game is fun, or Hardcore modes, helps deal with the crack classes spamming AK74's all game - which gets old after about two games

Old
02-02-2011, 08:03 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Honestly, XIII might be my favorite FF game yet.

For those that have gotten this far, can you go back and do more of the missions after advancing the story? So far I think I've done every one that is open to me except kill the giant cactaur (he's still one-hit killing me, so not much I can do there). I see a lot of inactive Cieth stones on the ground that I presumably need to finish more missions to get to, but that one impossible one is the only other one I can do at the moment. I'd like to complete them all at some point, so I don't really want to move on if I can't come back.

Old
02-02-2011, 08:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Honestly, XIII might be my favorite FF game yet.

For those that have gotten this far, can you go back and do more of the missions after advancing the story? So far I think I've done every one that is open to me except kill the giant cactaur (he's still one-hit killing me, so not much I can do there). I see a lot of inactive Cieth stones on the ground that I presumably need to finish more missions to get to, but that one impossible one is the only other one I can do at the moment. I'd like to complete them all at some point, so I don't really want to move on if I can't come back.
Just curious, you have played VI and VII and X right?

Old
02-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Start Leighton*

I know I may get flamed for it but VIII was better than X and VII.

Old
02-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Villedelphia*

VI is the best and only one i'll play

Old
02-02-2011, 09:49 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Just curious, you have played VI and VII and X right?
Not VI. By the time I got to it games had advanced to the point that I just couldn't handle going back and doing it. VII I got stuck and gave up 6 or 7 hours in. Loved X, but there's a lot of factors that make me think XIII goes right to the top of the list.

I love the battle system in this one. The CP system is pretty cool (though I liked the license grid in XII better). I love how expansive some of the maps are. The leveling system on your items is pretty neat. I like that it's fairly linear up until the hunting missions open up. I thought it was neat how they eased you into the battle system too. The slimmed down number of elements and statuses is nice.

I dunno, I'm only like 30-35 hours in, but so far they seemed to have polished up a lot of little details just to my liking. If I had to rank the ones I really played, it'd go XIII -> X -> XII -> VIII -> X-2. I do wish XIII had a cool side game like Blitzball in X though. I must have spent as much time on that as I did the game itself.

Closed Thread