HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2011, 07:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli View Post
I don't really notice the difference with the MP!
MP in Dark Souls is several servers instead of one big server like Demon's Souls. So it is MUCH MUCH harder to find your friends and fight with them but it's also harder to be invaded I think. I think it kills the MP by making separate servers and making it so ungodly hard to play with a friend.

Old
10-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Nothing like EA's servers being down on the first day..

Old
11-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Krishna

Brother bought Mw3 and i played it over night..
Campaign is great as usual.. Alot of events in it tie in with events from the first two..
Not giving any spoilers away but the way they ended the single player, i really cant see a way to extend the story line.. So unless they go the route of Team Fortress 2 and have no single player, i think its safe to say the modern warfare series is dead..

Multiplayer is the same old crap.. Kill confirmed is my favorite mode though

Old
11-08-2011, 03:42 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Brother bought Mw3 and i played it over night..
Campaign is great as usual.. Alot of events in it tie in with events from the first two..
Not giving any spoilers away but the way they ended the single player, i really cant see a way to extend the story line.. So unless they go the route of Team Fortress 2 and have no single player, i think its safe to say the modern warfare series is dead..

Multiplayer is the same old crap.. Kill confirmed is my favorite mode though
COD sucks. Can't wait for Skyrim on Friday.

Old
11-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
COD sucks. Can't wait for Skyrim on Friday.
Oh, i dont actually play it
Was just putting a little time in the game to have experience since thats what fanboys want when you trash the game
I play battlefield 3

Old
11-08-2011, 03:56 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Oh, i dont actually play it
Was just putting a little time in the game to have experience since thats what fanboys want when you trash the game
I play battlefield 3
I played the other ones. And they are fun, for sure. But after spending $60 on MW2, I don't think I'll be getting any future installments. It's pretty repetitive and unless you play it 24/7 the online is not going to be fun because of the 9 year old kids that will kill you before you even respawn.

Old
11-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I'm waiting to see what the general response to MW3 is before I buy it.

11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Krishna

Beef, alot of the consensus and reviews so far seem to say its almost the same game
But fan boys saying its so much better

Old
11-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Same as MW2, or Black Ops? I assume MW2

I'm not sure how I feel about all this.

Old
11-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Krishna

Same as mw2..
I dont get the hate with black ops.. if they removed the rc car, its much better than mw2

Old
11-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I've liked Black Ops much more than MW2. I don't mind the RC Cars either, I get a kick out of shooting them.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Jester

MW3 is essentially MW2 with most of the BS removed. So, that's a massive positive... as MW2 was a very good game with some systemic flaws that made it a massive failure. If they'd taken OMA out of the game, that alone would have improved it immensely.

No Nuke is also huge.

The downside is going to be that all the douches that played MW2 like complete morons and then didn't stick with Black Ops are definitely back in force. I'm not sure if this is going to be able to keep me around... and you can get half the game price back at Gamestop if you return it by Jan 7th.

BF3 is a very good objective game which I enjoy, but not so great if you're interested in a bit more hectic play. They really are good games if you put 'em next to one another and play when you want to do either...

I will say the MW3 maps are very hit-and-miss, IMO. I really like a few of 'em, and loathe a couple of others.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

These are all good things to know. I'm debating whether to get MW3 or BF3. I'm likely going to wait until after Christmas...I'll see. I'll probably get Assassin's Creed 3 first even though it'll be the same as AC2.

As for the maps in MW3 MP, I'm sure that by Christmas they'll have a map pack out for the low low price of 20 ****ing dollars.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
These are all good things to know. I'm debating whether to get MW3 or BF3. I'm likely going to wait until after Christmas...I'll see. I'll probably get Assassin's Creed 3 first even though it'll be the same as AC2.

As for the maps in MW3 MP, I'm sure that by Christmas they'll have a map pack out for the low low price of 20 ****ing dollars.
I really can't say enough good about BF3 once you get past the learning curve of the game versus CoD. Really fun game, but very different. Rush and Conquest game modes are a lot of fun -- not such a fan of the TDM they have, as the spawns are bat guano insane.

The downside to BF3 is it's a more "serious" game, if that makes sense. No killstreaks and other gimmicky crap, it's you, your gun, a few sidebar things, and the vehicles. Additionally, if your team isn't very good and/or doesn't know what they're doing, BF3 gets really frustrating really fast. It isn't like CoD where you can say **** it and just try to run up a killstreak and do your own thing.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Krishna

http://www.gamespot.com/news/new-cal...r-2012-6344525

Well. Who didnt see that coming

Old
11-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I really can't say enough good about BF3 once you get past the learning curve of the game versus CoD. Really fun game, but very different. Rush and Conquest game modes are a lot of fun -- not such a fan of the TDM they have, as the spawns are bat guano insane.

The downside to BF3 is it's a more "serious" game, if that makes sense. No killstreaks and other gimmicky crap, it's you, your gun, a few sidebar things, and the vehicles. Additionally, if your team isn't very good and/or doesn't know what they're doing, BF3 gets really frustrating really fast. It isn't like CoD where you can say **** it and just try to run up a killstreak and do your own thing.
That's what I expected of it. I used to play an HL2 mod called Insurgency which was very much the same way. I don't really mind it. I just don't know if I really feel like using my free time to learn the ins and outs of a new game right now.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Jester

Quote:
In fairness, I would wager that Treyarch is a bit more creative in what they do. They certainly were with Black Ops.

MW3 is absolutely a new skin with some tweaks of MW2... but that isn't a bad thing, IMO. Perhaps, cynically, they didn't support MW2 purely so they could sell a new improved version of it.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Yeah. There's a good chance I may wait until Treyarch puts their game out...although Diablo 3 might make all that moot once it consumes every ounce of my being. I better take up crack so I've got something bigger to worry about.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That's what I expected of it. I used to play an HL2 mod called Insurgency which was very much the same way. I don't really mind it. I just don't know if I really feel like using my free time to learn the ins and outs of a new game right now.
The controls are only slightly different, the big difference is gun play. You HAVE TO burst fire in BF3 if you're going to have any good effect. You also need to move much more carefully given that folks spawn in on top of one another and you can go from facing 1 guy to 4 guys in a moment.

Old
11-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Well that sounds fun.

Old
11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
thelos
Bunk

Beef Invictus, pass on both and just play Skyrim and MW2/Black ops for FPS cravings

Old
11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Am I the only person who really doesn't care about Skyrim?

Old
11-08-2011, 06:38 PM
flyersfan018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
MW3 is essentially MW2 with most of the BS removed. So, that's a massive positive... as MW2 was a very good game with some systemic flaws that made it a massive failure. If they'd taken OMA out of the game, that alone would have improved it immensely.

No Nuke is also huge.

The downside is going to be that all the douches that played MW2 like complete morons and then didn't stick with Black Ops are definitely back in force. I'm not sure if this is going to be able to keep me around... and you can get half the game price back at Gamestop if you return it by Jan 7th.

BF3 is a very good objective game which I enjoy, but not so great if you're interested in a bit more hectic play. They really are good games if you put 'em next to one another and play when you want to do either...

I will say the MW3 maps are very hit-and-miss, IMO. I really like a few of 'em, and loathe a couple of others.
The only reason I like CoD is because so many of my friends play it. That just makes the whole multiplayer experience that much better.

Old
11-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Am I the only person who really doesn't care about Skyrim?
Im not excited either

Old
11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge11 View Post
Beef Invictus, pass on both and just play Skyrim and MW2/Black ops for FPS cravings
Thanks Serge11. I will take your advice into consideration.

Closed Thread