HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
kimmofan44

vCash: 500
does anybody have any good alchemy combos? i never seem to make anything worth while.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM
kimmofan44

and one last question, i have a bunch of soul gems that are empty, can i fill them and how?

Old
01-09-2012, 02:30 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

Alchemy is pretty useless, I would focus on smithing and enchanting.

You can soul trap by enchanting your weapon with a soul trap spell to fill your soul gems.

Old
01-09-2012, 02:53 PM
jagrgodr

yeah potions and alchemy is kind of lame, you have to reaply the potion to your weapon if you are using them for attacking. Plus you find so many potions while playing. Enchanting is the best way to go, you need to get a weapon that has soul trap ability. Or you can go to dragonreach in whiterun and talk to the mage and get the conjuration spell soul trap to put on a weapon. i just got to 100 enchanting and it's awesome, you can put 2 enchantments on each item.

Old
01-09-2012, 07:09 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Daedric Armor is so sick.

Old
01-09-2012, 07:10 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
Alchemy is pretty useless, I would focus on smithing and enchanting.

You can soul trap by enchanting your weapon with a soul trap spell to fill your soul gems.
Good for leveling up and selling potions. I just harvest any ingredients I find and whenever I am in Whiterun I go to my house and use my alchemy table then go sell the potions (except resist fire, healing potions, and magicka regen potions).

Old
01-09-2012, 07:20 PM
cheesesteak

How do you get Daedric Armor? Do you have to make it yourself?

Old
01-09-2012, 07:35 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
How do you get Daedric Armor? Do you have to make it yourself?
Yeah. You need Ebony Ore and Daedra Hearts. Only one Ebony mine in Skyrim and I've only come across a couple Daedra hearts. Actually looking for more to make a shield and a sword (got a mace from a quest).

Old
01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmofan44 View Post
and one last question, i have a bunch of soul gems that are empty, can i fill them and how?
You have to have a soul trap spell / item / enchantment on a monster/person. Kill them and it'll fill an appropriate level soul gem.

You can buy the soul trap spell and say, cast it on a rabbit, then it'll glow blue. Kill it. And it'll say "Soul captured!" and one of your really lousy gems that you should use to enchant crap like almost weightless hats and clothing (the entire reason to loot chest of drawers in dungeons). Tougher the guy, the better gem it fills. However, generally, it'll alert them to your being there (which is a problem if you sneak around). Sometimes, when you bring a guy to very low health, they collapse to a knee and stagger around. That's the best time to use the spell. Then kill them right after.

You can also put some points into conjuration (I use bows anyhow) and summon a sword/bow. Enough points in the conjuration tree (3 or 4) and your summoned weapon *automatically* fills soul gems when it kills.

Or you can disenchant an item with soul stealing on it, that'll learn you that enchantment, then enchant say, a dagger with that. It'll have only so many uses, but any enemy that dies from that weapon will fill a soul gem.

Old
01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

In terms of leveling smithing:

Just make a ton of iron daggers.

Leather straps are easy to come by. And Iron Ore / Iron Bars regen at blacksmith shops.

The one in Whiterun is constantly selling iron. Just make a million. Not only will it cause you to gain levels, the daggers lvl blacksmithing pretty quickly.

Old
01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Good idea. I think I'm gonna need to do that. I want to make myself some glass stuff.

01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Hide smithing levels you the same as Daedra. Make Hide Bracers and Iron Daggers. Cost the least.

Old
01-10-2012, 12:43 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Hide smithing levels you the same as Daedra. Make Hide Bracers and Iron Daggers. Cost the least.
This. Although I got caught up in leveling smithing, pickpocketing, sneaking etc... Leveled myself to mid 20's before ever leaving whiterun and couldn't do **** because I had no good equipment

And If they can make macho man a Dragon, then they can do anything!

Old
01-10-2012, 12:57 AM
jagrgodr

i just battled machodragon tonight.. pretty epic. He bit me and threw me off a cliff. It's fun just to download the file and listen to all the wav files

Old
01-10-2012, 05:39 AM
PF

If you want a good potion to level alchemy use wheat and a giant's toe. They sell for a lot and seem to level you reasonably fast.

If you want to level illusion use muffle repeatedly, it's almost absurdly easy to get to 100. My Conjuration, Alteration and Restoration are taking me much longer to do.

I seem to remember there being a couple of Daedra hearts in a room in the Vaermina shrine, it's near Dawnstar and you go there as part of the quest about nightmares, the quest is given by a man named Erandur (who is in Dawnstar) but I can't remember the quest title - in that quest there's an alchemy room, look around in there, there were at least two hearts I think. Also there should be Daedra hearts available in the quest given at Azura's shrine since I recall killing a couple of Kynareth towards the end of that.

I've barely levelled my smithing at all, I need to get on that.

Old
01-10-2012, 06:40 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF View Post
If you want a good potion to level alchemy use wheat and a giant's toe. They sell for a lot and seem to level you reasonably fast.

If you want to level illusion use muffle repeatedly, it's almost absurdly easy to get to 100. My Conjuration, Alteration and Restoration are taking me much longer to do.

I seem to remember there being a couple of Daedra hearts in a room in the Vaermina shrine, it's near Dawnstar and you go there as part of the quest about nightmares, the quest is given by a man named Erandur (who is in Dawnstar) but I can't remember the quest title - in that quest there's an alchemy room, look around in there, there were at least two hearts I think. Also there should be Daedra hearts available in the quest given at Azura's shrine since I recall killing a couple of Kynareth towards the end of that.

I've barely levelled my smithing at all, I need to get on that.
I just found some Daedra hearts in the College of Winterhold (bought them from some guy). Made myself a sweet sword and a shield. Now I just need more ebony to make a warhammer and a bow. My dude looks so badass I don't even want to learn Dragon smithing.

Old
01-10-2012, 08:15 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

I guess everyone who has SW:ToR is too busy playing it to come in here? I've had it since Dec. 13 and can't seem to make myself stop.

You guys can keep yer Iron Codpieces, I've got two blasters.:p

Old
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
I guess everyone who has SW:ToR is too busy playing it to come in here? I've had it since Dec. 13 and can't seem to make myself stop.

You guys can keep yer Iron Codpieces, I've got two blasters.:p
I want it. I just don't have a PC.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM
kimmofan44

why does everybody in skyrim keep telling me i look sick i should get some rest or are you all right you look like you need to lay down.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
why does everybody in skyrim keep telling me i look sick i should get some rest or are you all right you look like you need to lay down.
That means you are sick with something. Better hope its not vampirism. Find a Potion of Cure Disease or activate a new shrine.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
My guess is you picked up rockjoint from a wolf, or whatever disease it is that skeevers give you. It's pretty good policy to keep potions of cure disease on you at all times, in case you get contaminated.

I believe there's a spell you can use as well.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:26 PM
kimmofan44

really?? shouldn't the game alert you to a health condition? geez, i just kept sleeping and everybody would tell me i looked like crap still thanks!(p.s.vampirism!!!! are you serious?)

Old
01-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
really?? shouldn't the game alert you to a health condition? geez, i just kept sleeping and everybody would tell me i looked like crap still thanks!(p.s.vampirism!!!! are you serious?)
Usually a little alert pops up in the top right corner, but it's easy to miss if you're in a fight. And yeah, you can become a vampire. I always avoided it in Oblivion and haven't had an issue with it yet in Skyrim, so I don't know what it's like. I'm pretty sure it kills your stamina and strength during the day

Old
01-10-2012, 03:37 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Usually a little alert pops up in the top right corner, but it's easy to miss if you're in a fight. And yeah, you can become a vampire. I always avoided it in Oblivion and haven't had an issue with it yet in Skyrim, so I don't know what it's like. I'm pretty sure it kills your stamina and strength during the day
I got infected with it but cured it right away. You can cure if you catch it right away, otherwise you are stuck with it. It does a whole bunch of stuff (good and bad), not sure exactly what though. I think it resists fire and stuff.

Old
01-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I got infected with it but cured it right away. You can cure if you catch it right away, otherwise you are stuck with it. It does a whole bunch of stuff (good and bad), not sure exactly what though. I think it resists fire and stuff.
There's a way to cure it after you've full on contracted it but it's a pain in the ass; which is why I never let it get that far

Closed Thread