HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

POS waived

Old
11-23-2010, 02:54 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

vCash: 500
We will be regretting this move once POS leads the Wild to the playoffs while winning Hart, Rocket Richard, Norris, Vezina and Conn Smythe trophies.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:24 PM
NorthStar4Canes

Holy crap... I just realized that if you take 4 X Bobby Orrs you get 16, and 1 + 6 = ........you do the math folks, that's right.....

Seven! Lucky 7!

....just great, and if that weren't enough...

If you add our kryptonite 8 number plus THEIR new Lucky 7 number you get 15. You see where this is going? 1 + 5 = 6.

six! as in...... SIXTY SIX!!!

So yeah, real nice going. We just let slip away the equivalent of 4 Orrs rounded out nicely with one friggin' Mario who get all the breaks and bounces because they have 7s stuffed up their butts.

NorthStar4Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
All I can say is i'm so glad the Wild didn't have a chance to draft Jeff Skinner, therefore now opening a spot for Patrick O'Sullivan, who will fill a void with his skill level.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:51 PM
garnetpalmetto
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar4Canes View Post
Even scarier, 2 X Bobby Orr = 8.

Oh god, what kind of freakish line of unsurpassed hockey completeness to the tune of 4 Bobby Orrs have we created for another team here?

Just outstanding, JR. Way to go, Mo. You just go out and spread some more seeds for growing the wheat that will end up in the Alpha Bits that will wind up floating around in my cereal bowl until they spell DOOM , why doncha?.

I don't know about all these numbers - when I was a goalie at Harvard I didn't pay attention in math class - but what I do know here is that you've hit on something. I ate at a gourmet cereal restaurant the last time we were in New York playing against the Rangers, and let me tell you, I think that concept is going somewhere. I had AlphaBits made with organic spelt wheat, artisan-crafted marshmallows, and with organic extra-virgin milk and when I looked down into the bowl, what initials did I see? P.O. Now that the Wild have Patrick O'Sullivan they're clearly bound for another P.O. - the play-offs.

garnetpalmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 04:26 PM
AMOK14

Looks like the Wild took a chance on POS as Latendresse is out for a while.

AMOK14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 06:13 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
yup. we saw that Wellman needed more minutes in a scoring roll so we picked up POS as both coverage for Latendresse's injury and Wellman's spot when Lats comes back. For now he should have a spot in the top six--let's hope he makes the most of it and kicks Mittens out of there. Otherwise he'll be "misused" in Minnesota as well, filling in space on the fourth line. No risk proposition for us, with no outside pressure--I don't think anyone here including management is expecting great things. Probably a ton of internal pressure though, as bouncing from place to place as he has can't be easy on your ego.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 05:38 AM
Boom Boom Anton

Interesting that his career high in goals is 22 in 07/08 and his output has gone down year after year since then (16 in 08/09 and 11 in 09/10).

So his career high in goals is only 3 more than "hands of stone, lack of finish, arms and legs swinging, slow skating" Chad Larose (who has a career high of 19 and is on pace for 24 goals this year). As I said, interesting. Ok, I am being facetious just to have some fun. .

Seriously though, I'm a little torn on this move. I had really hoped that POS could step in and have a rebound type year a la Jokinen. It would have been nice to see him get at least a few looks in the top 6 to see what he could do...so from that standpoint, I am a little disappointed. For whatever reason (whether it was a valid reason or not), the coaching staff and GM had concerns about part of his game that didn't allow him to overtake guys like Samsonov or Dwyer or Skinner in the top 9.

In the end though, I am not overly disappointed. I agree with Vagrant that he was probably brought in as an insurance policy. Plus, if we do have some injuries, I think it will be good that some of the Charlotte guys get some time in the NHL as well and the play of those guys have convinced JR/Maurice that they no longer need the insurance policy.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote