HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2010 NFL Thread (All Jets, Giants and General NFL talk here) *Part 3*

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
i just love watching the giants rush the passer at will in the 2nd half of games when we have a lead.

Old
12-05-2010, 02:58 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Dodge with the horrid punt.

Mcnabb with the even worse decision making.

Old
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Hate that new helmet rule, that could've been a big runback by Webster.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The Jacobs Bradshaw tandem is crazy when they're on their game.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Dodge is terrible.

Old
12-05-2010, 03:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Wow, Washington is so bad, they make me laugh.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Bad challenge from Washington, wow, not even close. That's a fumble.
The Giants are known for forcing bad challenges. There's no better coach out there for and against the challenge. When Tom knows he's got it, he's got it. When he knows the play is good for the Giants but close, he is able to force another team to throw the flag all the time.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Dodge is terrible.
You high? He had a very solid day and is the 3rd best punter, yardage wise, in the league. Even with his problems. Once he is fully set, he will be fantastic.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:19 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Hate that new helmet rule, that could've been a big runback by Webster.
Come on, that rule's a no-brainer. It worked against us today, but with all the concern about head injuries, you can't possibly allow ball carriers to run around without a helmet.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:38 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I think they win out from here. MAYBE they lose one game.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:40 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
i think they'll lose at lambeau, but beating the eagles should be enough for the division. i think philly loses one of the two against the cowgirls.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:57 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Really? I'm nowhere near that confident

@MN - possibly having smith but he'll be limited. Jared Allen v Beatty or a fresh from injury LT. Eli 0-4 v MN & generally looks terrible v the
(although no sharper now). & the main thing is AP- our run D has been shotty lately & this guy could make us pay. I think we can win & have a good chance if smith is back but certainly no gimme.

Phi- we got some breaks early v phi last time to keep it close & never really played that great. Hopefully we have nicks back with smith but who knows. I'm not confident v phi & just don't like how we mat h up w them. I think this is the hardest game left.

@GB - gb has a solid D but if we block matthews we should b able to move the ball. Stopping them will be very tough. Rodgers is smart & escapes the pocket very well. They throw a lot of slants & screens which we don't defend well. Their big weakness is protection so the key is if we can get to Rodgers, especially in key situations.

@DC- well as we saw today they suck. But it's a division game & could easily be affected by weather. This should b a lock if it gets us in the tourney but division games can be tricky. Should be easiest game

3-1 would b amazing to me - but 2-2 seems more likely.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:06 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

^

The Giants are better than their record imo. If not for stupid turnovers they're 11-1.

Minnesota has talent but they suck this year. Favre is shot and T.Jackson can be had. Once again if the Giants don't turn it over they should win.
I'm hearing Smith and Nicks are expected back. Deihl probable. This coming from the Giants post game on UPN.

I have them running the table or losing one because they're going to get healthy.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:06 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

That Giants AND Jets fans is how you dispose of a crap team. I am not sure 2-2 is good enough to get us in. Would feel much better about 3-1 finish. Philly is obviously going to be a tough game. Giants never seem to play well in Minnesota and that game in Lambeau has me nervous as well.

Old
12-05-2010, 05:08 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
^

The Giants are better than their record imo. If not for stupid turnovers they're 11-1.

Minnesota has talent but they suck this year. Favre is shot and T.Jackson can be had. Once again if the Giants don't turn it over they should win.
I'm hearing Smith and Nicks are probably back. Deihl probable. This coming from the Giants post game on UPN.

I have them running the table or losing one because they're going to get healthy.
Newspaper reports all week have me believing that Nicks is at least one more week away, but hey, hope he returns next week too. What about O'Hara, I never hear much about him by the way of updates? Is he close to a return too?

Old
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

We need atl to beat TB here today. TB has looked good so far but lost their best CB talib

Old
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
You high? He had a very solid day and is the 3rd best punter, yardage wise, in the league. Even with his problems. Once he is fully set, he will be fantastic.
He consistently seems to give the other team solid to good field position. Unless I am actually high, I'm not a fan at all.

Old
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
He consistently seems to give the other team solid to good field position. Unless I am actually high, I'm not a fan at all.
His average speaks against anything. How is it solely his fault that teams get good field position? Do you realize how bad the coverage has been all year or are you just ragging on Dodge for no reason?

Old
12-05-2010, 07:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
His average speaks against anything. How is it solely his fault that teams get good field position? Do you realize how bad the coverage has been all year or are you just ragging on Dodge for no reason?
No reason? I just told you the reason. The coverage is bad too, obviously, but at least twice Dodge kicked today it was a short low ball that led the Skins starting on the 30 or 40. Those kicks had nothing to do with coverage.

I can't argue the stats and I have a problem believing they're that good, and i'm not saying he CAN'T kick good, but more often than not I find myself not feeling good with him kicking.

Old
12-06-2010, 12:15 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
No reason? I just told you the reason. The coverage is bad too, obviously, but at least twice Dodge kicked today it was a short low ball that led the Skins starting on the 30 or 40. Those kicks had nothing to do with coverage.

I can't argue the stats and I have a problem believing they're that good, and i'm not saying he CAN'T kick good, but more often than not I find myself not feeling good with him kicking.
Don't know what more you want. Again -- he's, statistically, one of the best punters in the league (as explained on the radio coverage of the game today). I heard that during the first quarter on my way to pick up the game time food. The kid has a HUGE leg and he looked solid today. I really had nothing to complain about with him today, at all. No idea how you could be complaining about him really, either.

He's going to be a great punter. He has one of the best legs in the game right now. He just has to harness his abilities. The fans are finally getting off of him because they know how good he can be.

You do realize he was trying to angle the ball away from Banks, right? He did that VERY well (look at how he controlled the Seahawks a few weeks ago!!!) and still averaged over 44 yards per punt!

Old
12-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Big game tomorrow lets go Jets!

Old
12-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Giants got near 0 help over the weekend. Packers win, Eagles win, Chicago wins. Even the Saints won. Only game that helped was the bucs losing, and I doubt they'd be the team to unseat the Giants anyways.

G-men's playoff futures a re literally in their own hands. If they go 3-1, they are almost guaranteed to make the playoffs. However if they go 2-2, especially if they lose to Green Bay AND the Eagles, they are done like dinner.

10-6 won't get them in if they dont have the tiebreaker with the Eagles or the Packers. That would hinge on either New Orleans going 1-3 (2 divisional losses, would still go to like 4th tiebreaker) or Green Bay/Eagles going 0-3 in its games not vs the Giants.

Old
12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Giants will go 11-5 to finish the season. I believe I predicted 12-4 or 11-5 if most went right this year.

Old
12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

We will beat the Eagles, Washington and the Vikings. Lose to the Pack. Win the division.

Old
12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Also, Dallas just might beat the Eagles twice. I really do think they will finish either 8-8 or 7-9 (Dallas, that is).

Closed Thread