HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Senators - 11/22/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Jwm1986

vCash: 500
What concerns me more is Terry Murray complete disrespect for Kopitar....

By far out best forward on the team...and he effing puts a guy on his line who couldnt even make the 1st line in the AHL....it makes me so mad...i really dont understand it....

Its such a disadvantage....its like were playing with 2 forwards when that line is on the ice....and its our 1st line!!

King cant move the puck up the ice, cant cycle, i dont think hes taken one shot in any game...the list goes on and on....its beyond frustrating and i wish i had 2 minutes to at least express this to him or DL....

Not only that, but ive come to realize Murray is really really bad at in game decisions....

he doesnt know how to mix things up and whoever is calling the shots on the power play is just dumb as hell....

Kopitar should be out there the majority of the PP.... and for most of the game, he wasnt even on the ice when they started....

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:33 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

People will have unrealistic expectations for Mitchell and Poni when they come back.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:34 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Did you even watch the game?
Yep. Missed the first goal but he went down way to early on the next two goals. Bad defense or not, he's gotta stop those shots.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
People will have unrealistic expectations for Mitchell and Poni when they come back.
Not really. They were big help on the defensive side of the game. If they can come back and do what they were doing before they got hurt, the Kings should be on a roll again.

Until then,

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:35 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post

By far out best forward on the team...and he effing puts a guy on his line who couldnt even make the 1st line in the AHL....it makes me so mad...i really dont understand it....

Its such a disadvantage....its like were playing with 2 forwards when that line is on the ice....and its our 1st line!!

Not only that, but ive come to realize Murray is really really bad at in game decisions....

he doesnt know how to mix things up and whoever is calling the shots on the power play is just dumb as hell....

Kopitar should be out there the majority of the PP.... and for most of the game, he wasnt even on the ice when they started....
Yeah, because having Kopitar be the first guy out there on the power play has worked so incredibly well thus far

Not to mention the lone power play goal was scored by the second power play unit.

Man some people...

Old
11-22-2010, 09:36 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... By my count, he made three excellent saves out of the 16 he had. It was a decent game for him. I thought the Spezza goal was a bit of a softie, and I'm sure if you asked Jonathan he would say the same thing. He took a hit on his save percentage but I just don't think it's right to blame him for this loss.
I'm not blaming him, but I don't think he should get a pass either. Good goalies bail out their dmen when they make a mistake once in a while.

Old
11-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Yep. Missed the first goal but he went down way to early on the next two goals. Bad defense or not, he's gotta stop those shots.
He had several people standing in front of him on the second. What the hell else was he supposed to do?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:37 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post

In King's defense, he IS on the top line in the AHL

Old
11-22-2010, 09:38 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Blaming Quick is even more stupid than blaming it on some Canadian conspiracy. It's not the number of shots, it's the number of quality chances and the Sens had plenty that he saved. Quick was great.

Old
Rusty Batch

And that first non goal we had was even more brutal. So wait you can review when the goal came out of its moorings, but you can't review why the goal came out of its moorings?

Yeah that makes sense...

And how does that effect the goal anyways. Broken rule IMO.

At some point you need to use some common sense and not just go robot when reviewing these calls.

Rusty Batch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SFKingshomer

Poni would be a big upgrade on King. There's only a couple reasons I can think of why King is up. They're showcasing him or they want a big body to play with Kopitar, much like CHI did with Buff, now Bickel and Stalberg.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jwm1986

Quote:
Yeah, because having Kopitar be the first guy out there on the power play has worked so incredibly well thus far

Not to mention the lone power play goal was scored by the second power play unit.

Man some people...
If he hadnt scored a pp goal in 20 games im still putting him out there....hes the best player and thats what you do....

Why just williams hasnt been moved to the 1st unit is beyond me....but when you have schenn, loktionov, parse, and now king playing on the 1st unit pp as different points, well then my point is easily made....

this has nothing to do with kopitar

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:39 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
I'm not blaming him, but I don't think he should get a pass either. Good goalies bail out their dmen when they make a mistake once in a while.
... I'm not absolving him of blame or giving him a pass. But with the season he's had ... he's been amazingly solid thus far and this sort of thing was bound to happen, he wasn't going to have a .944 save percentage all season. Again, I felt he was neither particularly bad nor particularly good. He's earned more respect in my mind.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

How many weeks do the Kings have left until Willi and Poni return?

Old
Cruel11
IRemember&IDemand

Quote:
I kinda of agree. Those guys are important assets but they won't be able to fix our line combos. Our D might be back to normal but I don't know about the offense. We won't have a legit good looking first line until Dean does something.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
William H Bonney

Quote:
I specifically remember him robbing Kovalev twice, once on a breakdown where Doughty was covering no one and Kopitar was late recovering after falling down on a face off. Sure, you'd love to have him steal another one or two but he made some big saves. It just happened that Johnson had his biggest gaffe of the season and Greene continued his horrid play.

11-22-2010, 09:40 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
How many weeks do the Kings have left until Willi and Poni return?
2-4.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:41 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Blaming Quick is even more stupid than blaming it on some Canadian conspiracy. It's not the number of shots, it's the number of quality chances and the Sens had plenty that he saved. Quick was great.
Well I didn't see any except the three goals they scored. When did he make a big save? And learn to read, I said I'm not blaming him, but he doesn't deserve a free pass. In case you didn't know, hockey is a TEAM sport.

Old
11-22-2010, 09:42 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I kinda of agree. Those guys are important assets but they won't be able to fix our line combos. Our D might be back to normal but I don't know about the offense. We won't have a legit good looking first line until Dean does something.
If the D were as good as it was early on, 2 goals would've been enough vs Buffalo and tonight to at least get a point.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:43 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
They should really benefit though. Scuds back with Jack. Mitchell back with Drew. Greene nowhere near the Top 4. Mitchell and Poni back on the PK.

Probably won't fix the offense but it should help too. With another option like Poni available, maybe Murray won't be putting a guy like King in our lineup, let alone the 1st line. We don't have an ideal 1st line winger but there's no reason option #17 should be the first line LW.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:44 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Poni is a major upgrade on King and gives them more depth overall. His best years were with Antropov so him and Kopi may have success on the cycle.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Cruel11
IRemember&IDemand

I hope you guys are right.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Shellz

Quote:
It's not like they were scoring tons before they left. Willie is well, a defenseman..he's not the type to bring in goals. As for Poni, he will get what..20 goals this season? Maybe less..I have no idea. It's silly to think they will come back potting goals game in game out. They aren't going to do that, they never were. But, they will help the Kings team one way or another when they return. (The Kings desperately need it)

King just needs to be off the first line.

Old
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Omni Owl
Ray of Black Sun

Don't blow the lead and we wouldn't have to worry about the officiating.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 09:49 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
I'm as hard on Quick as anyone and I don't blame him for any of the goals tonight. The first two in the last game were the first soft goals he's allowed this year.

I thought Greene's slump was over in Boston but I guess not. With the way he's been playing theres no way he should be paired with King Minus.

http://www.weregettinghosed.com/were...tinyribbon.jpg

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote