HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

what did Avery do to fall out of favor?

Old
12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Agreed all the way around, but the word consistency is what matters here. I find it kind of funny that people bring up Avery's point production, talk about his skill, and the player that he "could be." Who gives a ****? Show me.

Brandon Prust, whose certainly not as skilled as Avery, brings the effort and intensity every single night and thats why he gets more ice-time. And lets face it, effort/intensity/the sandpaper factor is why guys like Avery and Prust are even in the NHL. If we are counting on either one for point production, then we have serious problems.

Avery's behavior, while often clownish, gets attention - and that has led to admiration from the fanbase - a slobbering love affair if you will. It leads to a lot of people ignoring the fact that hes disappeared for 15-20 game periods over the last 2 seasons. But dont worry, every six weeks or so, he'll do something outrageous and the fanbase will fall in love with him all over again.

Being an effective and, most importantly, consistent hockey player? Well, thats a different story altogether.
I agree with this.

Sean is an entertainer most of the time, I'd rather have the hockey player over the clown, thats just me.

Division games bring out his game, should play more minutes in those games. 4th line against most teams not named the Dallas Stars

I can't wait for the day we have true team toughness and his antics won't be needed.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
Avery's being double shifted too...
My brain hurts.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote