HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Moreau to return to lineup

Old
11-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Moreau to return to lineup

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/11..._to_play.shtml

Quote:
After nearly six weeks, Ethan Moreau is ready to rejoin the Blue Jackets' lineup.

With his broken right hand healed, Moreau practiced today on a third line with Sammy Pahlsson and Chris Clark. The left wing pronounced himself fit for Wednesday's game...
Who gets bumped? Murray I'd guess.

Old
11-30-2010, 02:50 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Good news, I would guess Murray.

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I wonder where he will play in the third or fourth line and who will be HS.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Yeah, the same blog post - once I actually read the rest of it - said Murray and Filatov expected scratches for Wednesday.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:17 AM
CBJCougar

Very excited to see Mr. Ethan back on the ice with the boys. Not so excited to see Nik scratched again but then again, I guess sitting on the bench builds hunger...

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 03:17 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Very excited to see Mr. Ethan back on the ice with the boys. Not so excited to see Nik scratched again but then again, I guess sitting on the bench builds hunger...
After games aginst Detroit I know about a lot of players for HS.

Old
12-01-2010, 07:25 AM
OnYourIgnoreList

That's very good news. I hope the pre-injury third line of him, RJ and Sami is put back together and picks up where they left off.

I do wonder about the scratch of Filly at the same time though. It seems to me like maybe you change up his line (moving RJ back to 3rd) and see how he responds to whomever his "new" winger is. Maybe he and RJ just have such conflicting styles of play that they don't work well and that's somewhat to blame for his fall-off lately. I don't know, but I think I'd see how Nik responds to the change instead of scratching him. But that's minor.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 07:35 AM
blahblah

Good to see him back in the lineup. At some point we'll have to address this abundance of role players and rely more on our farm system so maybe we don't have to scratch almost an entire line when we're healthy.

Nah. We'll put DM or Wilson on waivers and keep Murray.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:05 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I think the Moreau-Pahlsson-Umberger line will eventually be re-united, they were just too good in the first few games to not go back to it, and I'd then like to see Clark join Filatov and Vermette on the second line (at least until Huselius returns). I think Clark provides a similar game to RJ and could do the dirty work in the corners for that line, as well as being defensively responsible and surprisingly physical. That would leave the first line intact and permit Dorsett, McKenzie, Boll, Murray, and Wilson to rotate into the fourth. Might be worth a try, anyway. I'd like to see Nikki on the ice with responsible, ''mentor" -type guys and see if we can get him started. If it doesn't work, he'll still have practice time to try to work back into the scoring role we'd all like to see him fill. As long as we're still playing as well as we have been (minus the PP, of course), we can afford to bring him along slowly (ie., the Stamkos model).

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:11 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
After games aginst Detroit I know about a lot of players for HS.
LOL! Yeah, well, we didn't win but we didn't get beaten too badly. Sometimes we come unglued when we are intimidated.

Old
12-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I think the Moreau-Pahlsson-Umberger line will eventually be re-united, they were just too good in the first few games to not go back to it, and I'd then like to see Clark join Filatov and Vermette on the second line (at least until Huselius returns). I think Clark provides a similar game to RJ and could do the dirty work in the corners for that line, as well as being defensively responsible and surprisingly physical. That would leave the first line intact and permit Dorsett, McKenzie, Boll, Murray, and Wilson to rotate into the fourth. Might be worth a try, anyway. I'd like to see Nikki on the ice with responsible, ''mentor" -type guys and see if we can get him started. If it doesn't work, he'll still have practice time to try to work back into the scoring role we'd all like to see him fill. As long as we're still playing as well as we have been (minus the PP, of course), we can afford to bring him along slowly (ie., the Stamkos model).
Almost all of this, pete. Except if Arniel decided not to rotate Murray in on that fourth line, I wouldn't be opposed.

Old
12-01-2010, 08:22 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
LOL! Yeah, well, we didn't win but we didn't get beaten too badly. Sometimes we come unglued when we are intimidated.
We did not win in the first game agiast Wings too and but our achievments (except PP) were good. But last game was... ehm... enough bad. If I would not know some players I would not know that they play. Invisible, total invisible.

Old
12-01-2010, 08:25 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnYourIgnoreList View Post
That's very good news. I hope the pre-injury third line of him, RJ and Sami is put back together and picks up where they left off.

I do wonder about the scratch of Filly at the same time though. It seems to me like maybe you change up his line (moving RJ back to 3rd) and see how he responds to whomever his "new" winger is. Maybe he and RJ just have such conflicting styles of play that they don't work well and that's somewhat to blame for his fall-off lately. I don't know, but I think I'd see how Nik responds to the change instead of scratching him. But that's minor.
I've been screaming this all along.

Old
12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Almost all of this, pete. Except if Arniel decided not to rotate Murray in on that fourth line, I wouldn't be opposed.
I hear you. It seems that two successive coaches have seen much more in Murray than you or I. Maybe I'm just not sophisticated enough to appreciate the "weighty" game, but I respect both Hitch and Scottie, so I'll have to defer to their judgement. My fourth line would probably be anchored by Dorsett and McKenzie, with Boll and Wilson sharing the other spot; but I don't know how HCSA will see it. If Murray is not included, I won't be too disappointed; but if he's still there, I won't be too surprised.

edit: As I've said before, when Juice is back, I'd put him on Line 2 with Nikki and Vermette and drop Clark to Line 4 with Dorsett and McKenzie. I do like having more talent to play around with than ever before!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:27 AM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
We did not win in the first game agiast Wings too and but our achievments (except PP) were good. But last game was... ehm... enough bad. If I would not know some players I would not know that they play. Invisible, total invisible.
Exactly. I thought the same thing. Where was the team?? I didn't see one moment of memorable moves. We weren't checking, we weren't shooting, just looked totally intimidated and invisible.

Old
12-01-2010, 08:42 AM
BluejacketNut

It will be good to have him back, we need a hard checking forward to push the forecheck. One thing I think we lack is any punishing checkers, ones that make the opposing dman have to watch his back. Dorsett and Boll (when he can connect) are our only punishing type checkers.....pushing people into the boards isnt punishing IMO. But hopefully Ethan can provide that without getting himself injured

Last edited by BluejacketNut: 12-01-2010 at 09:00 AM.
BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I hear you. It seems that two successive coaches have seen much more in Murray than you or I. Maybe I'm just not sophisticated enough to appreciate the "weighty" game, but I respect both Hitch and Scottie, so I'll have to defer to their judgement. My fourth line would probably be anchored by Dorsett and McKenzie, with Boll and Wilson sharing the other spot; but I don't know how HCSA will see it. If Murray is not included, I won't be too disappointed; but if he's still there, I won't be too surprised.

edit: As I've said before, when Juice is back, I'd put him on Line 2 with Nikki and Vermette and drop Clark to Line 4 with Dorsett and McKenzie. I do like having more talent to play around with than ever before!
Well, Murray was out until Moreau's injury anyway, and he'll likely be scratched tonight, so there's that. I like Murray and don't mind him as a bottom 6 fill-in.

And to continue our same-page-edness, your "when Juice is back" scenario is how I would paint it as well - allowing, of course, for Wilson to spot Filatov if he doesn't get things going.