HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Deal with Vancouver.

Old
11-28-2010, 12:15 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Deal with Vancouver.

As a Vancouver fan, I have long admired current Blue Jacket Pahlsson. He has checked the Sedins into submission on two occasions, on different teams. My question is would Ehrhoff for Pahlsson be workable?

Ehrhoff might not re-sign in Vancouver.

Umberger can center Columbus' third line.

What do you think?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Sure, sounds good.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 12:51 AM
clyankees47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
As a Vancouver fan, I have long admired current Blue Jacket Pahlsson. He has checked the Sedins into submission on two occasions, on different teams. My question is would Ehrhoff for Pahlsson be workable?

Ehrhoff might not re-sign in Vancouver.

Umberger can center Columbus' third line.

What do you think?
I really question whether you're really a Van fan offering up Ehrhoff for Pahlsson.

clyankees47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 12:52 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

You do realize that Pahlsson signed a 3 year 2.6M deal with Columbus this summer as an UFA right..?

You're offering Christian (9th in Norris) Ehrhoff? I'm going to assume that you want Blue Jackets take on value and waiting for responses with them adding, but when you specifically request Pahlsson in a deal for Ehrhoff it doesn't seem right.

Seems like a repeat of Vancouver fleecing San Jose, this time we're the one getting it.

crazy Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 12:57 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Deal, bye.

No takebacks

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Doug19

lol, done deal. Pahlsson is on his way now, please send us Ehrhoff to Detroit by 3 p.m. today.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 02:49 AM

Doesn't Vancouver have Malhotra too? This thread confuses me.

But like the others, done. No take backs.

3074326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:07 AM
JuniorNelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Doesn't Vancouver have Malhotra too? This thread confuses me.

But like the others, done. No take backs.
Vancouver does have Malhotra, who is an excellent defensive forward. What they don't have is a fourth line center.

Ehrhoff is a diminishing asset, if he cannot be re-signed. I am assuming this would be a deadline deal because Gillis doesn't tinker with the line-up, much during the season. Ehrhoff is an overpayment, but that is customary at the deadline.

In the (unlikely) event that Salo returns to the line-up the Canucks will be up against the cap. The deal might be structured differently to accomodate the dollars.

I am a minority of one, in all probability, but I think a fourth line of Glass, Pahlsson and Hansen would be very serviceable in the stretch and play-offs.

Old
11-28-2010, 03:13 AM
JuniorNelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgson View Post
You do realize that Pahlsson signed a 3 year 2.6M deal with Columbus this summer as an UFA right..?

You're offering Christian (9th in Norris) Ehrhoff? I'm going to assume that you want Blue Jackets take on value and waiting for responses with them adding, but when you specifically request Pahlsson in a deal for Ehrhoff it doesn't seem right.

Seems like a repeat of Vancouver fleecing San Jose, this time we're the one getting it.
Hello, Hodgson. In my opinion, this is THE year or it's not. If it is then there have to be some hard decisions made. It's true Pahlsson might be a bust. He has been very good in the play-offs before and addresses a real need. How much Gillis paid won't matter when they are passing out the rings. The window is brief!

Old
11-28-2010, 03:19 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Umby is better winger. But Erhoff... I very like Sammy but it would be a quite good deal. For both sides.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:32 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Vancouver does have Malhotra, who is an excellent defensive forward. What they don't have is a fourth line center.

Ehrhoff is a diminishing asset, if he cannot be re-signed. I am assuming this would be a deadline deal because Gillis doesn't tinker with the line-up, much during the season. Ehrhoff is an overpayment, but that is customary at the deadline.

In the (unlikely) event that Salo returns to the line-up the Canucks will be up against the cap. The deal might be structured differently to accomodate the dollars.

I am a minority of one, in all probability, but I think a fourth line of Glass, Pahlsson and Hansen would be very serviceable in the stretch and play-offs.
There are much more economical ways to get a fourth-line center without giving up your de-facto #1 defenseman for a guy who's normally a high-quality #3C. I beg you to consider that next time, because we're taking this deal right now and you can't take it back, neener neener neener.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 03:46 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Are u crazy?

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 04:05 AM
JuniorNelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
There are much more economical ways to get a fourth-line center without giving up your de-facto #1 defenseman for a guy who's normally a high-quality #3C. I beg you to consider that next time, because we're taking this deal right now and you can't take it back, neener neener neener.
Thank you for your thoughtful response.

Ehrhoff is part of a group of five defencemen (six, counting Salo) that are top four in Vancouver. Three of these guys are signed past this season and can be considered the core group. Others are playing for a contract (Bieksa), awaiting retirement (Salo) or interested in free agancy (speculatively Ehrhoff). Of this second group, only Ehrhoff has some trade value. There might be teams that CAN'T WAIT to sign Bieksa or Salo, I just don't envision it.

Otherwise, the Canucks got nothing to trade! Gillis won't trade picks or prospects. There are no spares in the forward ranks. There are only two goalies with NHL games played.

The Canucks are sporting three centers, five left-shooting defencemen and a top six with an injured player and an AHLer. They can get by with one righthand shooting defenceman. There are other AHLers to try in the top six, if (when?) Tambellini falters and Raymond will heal. They do not have an answer for fourth line center. Bolduc and Perrault do not inspire much confidence, now. When the competition steps up in the late part of the season and in the play-offs I don't want a rookie fourth line pivot.

Last edited by JuniorNelson: 11-28-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old
11-29-2010, 10:54 AM
RichNash61

Im starting my truck and going to drive Sammy up to you right now!

RichNash61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:17 AM
CapnCornelius

Much as Ehrhoff for Pahlsson is a no-brainer as far as talent-for-talent, I hate to think where we'd be without Pahlsson. Our dominance in the face-off circle is certainly one of the bright spots that has got this team where it is.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 03:55 PM
JuniorNelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Much as Ehrhoff for Pahlsson is a no-brainer as far as talent-for-talent, I hate to think where we'd be without Pahlsson. Our dominance in the face-off circle is certainly one of the bright spots that has got this team where it is.
Agree. Arniel is a great pick-up for Columbus. I think Columbus has serious play-off potential. Real serious!

Old
11-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Agree. Arniel is a great pick-up for Columbus. I think Columbus has serious play-off potential. Real serious!
Even if we can't beat Detroit? Detroit is a pain in our neck and I think they take us serious now, so, we will get their A game untill the playoffs. My wish is 3-3 split for the season, hopefully, by the time we play them later on some of the current issues are solved..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Hipster Letestu

I like Pahlsson a lot, I love what he gives us. That being said I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:44 PM
JuniorNelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Even if we can't beat Detroit? Detroit is a pain in our neck and I think they take us serious now, so, we will get their A game untill the playoffs. My wish is 3-3 split for the season, hopefully, by the time we play them later on some of the current issues are solved..
Detroit is too old this season. You'll be seeing thier depth players later in the season. Columbus should overtake them in the stretch and win the division.

I sort of expect the Canucks to meet the Blue Jackets in the playoffs. That's one reason I'd target Pahlsson. He is Sedin Kryptonite!

Old
11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Raymones

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I agree. Påhlsson would be very hard to replace. I'm not sure I'd do this even if Ehrhoff signed an extension.

The PP might struggle now, but could likely start clicking without adding to the d-corps. There are a couple of descent offensive d-men in the ranks, as well.

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 07:59 AM
blahblah

Not sure we don't have the depth to survive the loss of Pahlsson if it meant an upgrade, a pretty good one too, on defense.

Having said that, I don't see Van moving Ehrhoff, even with his contract concerns, or wanting Pahlsson.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote