HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Ron Wilson... ASAP PART II

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2010, 12:05 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post

Thanks for the link.

All that interview confirms to me is that Killer wants to be Toronto's coach more then ever. He was just being politically correct not undermining Wilson in his answers but you can sense he wanted to say otherwise.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Slapshot17

Regardless if Wilson is a good coach or not, he has completely lost this team. They either choose not to play well for him or cannot understand the systems that he is running.

A few Random observations.

1. Players like Kadri, Kessel & Bozak are playing scared not with confidence. One mistake and they're finding a spot on the bench. Newsflash Ron, but this team is not winning the cup. Does sitting these players rather than playing them in key situations benefit anyone. When Bruce Boudreau took over in Washington, players like Green and Ovechkin were handcuffed. Boudreau let them play and let them play creative, gain confidence and cockiness. Toronto needs to follow a similar formula. Look at the oilers, if they didn't let Hall and Eberle play through the growing pains, would those kids continue to improve?

2. Wilson's blind faith in players like Mitchell and Lebda is just insane. It's nice to believe in players, but does anybody really believe these guys will be around when this team improves? Play all the young guys, and let them play in all situations. There is no reason Caputi or Aulie should ever be scratched, they need to play.

3. This coaching staff is not getting through on special teams. Maybe a different coach would have a different approach. It's not acceptable to be near the bottom of the league 3 years in a row on the PK.

Wilson might be able to do the job somewhere else, but it's not working in Toronto.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Peter Puck

I haven't read this thread but Burke can't fire Wilson now. The next 5 games are against good teams. GM's always wait for a soft stretch in the schedule so the new coach starts off looking good.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:28 AM
C h a n c e

A positive is that excluding this season, Wilson has only 1 more year left on his contract if nothing happens...

Old
12-03-2010, 12:33 AM
Swissleaf13

Send a message via ICQ to Swissleaf13
Thats the point some has to get fired. I am fed up!!

One positive thing is... next season: RETURN OF TANK NATION

Old
12-03-2010, 12:39 AM
javier

I want to start a pool, this "Fire Ron Wilson thread" with this post will reach post #356, it has been viewed over EIGHT THOUSAND TIMES, I wonder what the post count will get to as well as the view count before Ron Wilson is finally, mercifully, humanely gassed from this job, lol.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:45 AM
tinfoilcup

vCash: 50
I'd like to see Brian Burke coach a few games after he fires Wilson. You know since i'm not being entertained by the product on the ice at least that would provide some amusement.

Old
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilcup View Post
I'd like to see Brian Burke coach a few games after he fires Wilson. You know since i'm not being entertained by the product on the ice at least that would provide some amusement.
especially against the Bruins

THANK YOU BRIAN
*clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Old
12-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Kalhua

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1823208/

Great article players heard the chants and don't blame Wilson but if he gets canned they better look hard in the mirror.

Oilers were down 3-1 to the Habs and never gave up this sad sack bunch folded like a cheap suit

Old
12-03-2010, 02:29 AM
PhillyFrisco

Gusty on Wilson:

"It's nice guys all along. I've got nothing bad to say about anyone, so I'm very happy, says a satisfied Jonas Gustavsson.
The coaches however, in the Maple Leafs and in the NHL overall, is not exactly striving to be best buddies with their players.
- One doesn't have much personal chemistry with them, they just tell you what to do. That's how the mentality is here.
, says the Monster."

The "and in the NHL overall" part is obviously thrown in there to be a little more diplomatic in his comments but that just goes to show what it's like to be a Leaf. You've gotta come to 'work' and take **** from your ******* boss (Wilson). I doubt a coach of Babcock's ilk would garner the same comments from his players.

Old
12-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Zee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by C h a n c e View Post
A positive is that excluding this season, Wilson has only 1 more year left on his contract if nothing happens...

That's a positive? One more year of this crap? Burke is looking more and more like a problem if he can't do the right thing and can this guy. He should have been gone 3 weeks ago, it may be too late to save the season now.

Old
12-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Puck View Post
I haven't read this thread but Burke can't fire Wilson now. The next 5 games are against good teams. GM's always wait for a soft stretch in the schedule so the new coach starts off looking good.
Then after that it's too close to Christmas to make a move. Then after that it's too close to National Apricot Day to make a move. Then the All-Star break is right around the corner so it wouldn't make sense to fire him at such a festive time. Trade deadline is now approaching, so Burke will see if he can make some moves before his last resort of firing Wilson.

The saga continues.

Old
12-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Then after that it's too close to Christmas to make a move. Then after that it's too close to National Apricot Day to make a move. Then the All-Star break is right around the corner so it wouldn't make sense to fire him at such a festive time. Trade deadline is now approaching, so Burke will see if he can make some moves before his last resort of firing Wilson.

The saga continues.
this x1000

if anything, the team could use the spark going into such a rough five-game stretch. as it stands now, everyone and their dog knows that they not only have no chance of winning whatsoever, but they'll likely set a league record for most times shutout in a season.

Old
12-03-2010, 07:57 AM
RomanianLeafs

nothing will happen,i had expected something else from burkie but man he faills..

Old
12-03-2010, 08:04 AM
LORDVADER

I don't want to sound like one of those "know it alls"...but I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt Burke has already met with Dougie, Wendel & Roberts when Burke took over the hockey operations at MLSE. What was discusssed I do not know but I'm sure Dougie wanted a shot at head coach at some point down the road. Wendel would be an Asst and Roberts of course would be in charge of srength, fitness, & conditioning along with Asst coach duties. Niewendyk would have also had a role in player development.

Old
12-03-2010, 08:18 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFrisco View Post
Gusty on Wilson:

"It's nice guys all along. I've got nothing bad to say about anyone, so I'm very happy, says a satisfied Jonas Gustavsson.
The coaches however, in the Maple Leafs and in the NHL overall, is not exactly striving to be best buddies with their players.
- One doesn't have much personal chemistry with them, they just tell you what to do. That's how the mentality is here.
, says the Monster."

The "and in the NHL overall" part is obviously thrown in there to be a little more diplomatic in his comments but that just goes to show what it's like to be a Leaf. You've gotta come to 'work' and take **** from your ******* boss (Wilson). I doubt a coach of Babcock's ilk would garner the same comments from his players.
Where is that quote from?

Old
12-03-2010, 09:12 AM
daveleaf

Interesting.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:21 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I would like a link also but I would not doubt Monster said that, Wilson threw him under the bus yesterday.

Good on him.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
From comments from a Swedish article and interview of Gustavsson.

The Monster about life in the mecca of hockey. (Swedish article - Transl. to English)

12-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Dalton

Quote:

The saga continues.

TY Not much to laugh about on this board today.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:28 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbloodhockey View Post
I would like a link also but I would not doubt Monster said that, Wilson threw him under the bus yesterday.

Good on him.
The interviewed and wrote the article after the game?

What did Wilson say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
From comments from a Swedish article and interview of Gustavsson.

The Monster about life in the mecca of hockey. (Swedish article - Transl. to English)
Thanks, I imagine a little is lost in the translation.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:42 AM
TheFuture1

"No Coaching Change" - Burke this morning

As per Dreger's Twitter

Old
12-03-2010, 09:43 AM
htpwn

I was going to give Burke -- or at least try to give him -- till the end of the season but this is has gone beyond ridiculous. If Wilson isn't fired today or tomorrow, I'm officially on the Fire Burke wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture1 View Post

As per Dreger's Twitter
Right as I type the above. Oh well, if Burke doesn't want to fire his friend, then hopefully MLSE fires him.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture1 View Post

As per Dreger's Twitter
He's given him like 100 votes of confidence, I think we should start believing that he is actually serious about it, he's happy with the coaching staff.

Old
12-03-2010, 09:53 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

Quote:
He's given him like 100 votes of confidence, I think we should start believing that he is actually serious about it, he's happy with the coaching staff.
This continues, we'll have a new Coach in 2011.

Closed Thread