HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Ron Wilson... ASAP PART II

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2010, 07:59 PM
fijiphill

vCash: 500
Who would be a good replacement for wilson?

Old
11-26-2010, 08:00 PM
DoctorPayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Do you have a thread quota that you need to be locked per week?

Seriously. His threads just kill me.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:06 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Well, I figured I could read one of your threads without laughing.

Typically its a trade thread that is laughable and completely outrageous, and I almost made it through one of your posts without shaking my head until I read the bolded part.

Wilson eat, sleeps and lives hockey. He's got the most games coached out of any active coach in the league, and has coached some pretty damn successful teams.

So for him to say he's trying to show fans up is actually rediculous. He's trying absolutely everything to get players motivated and to move their feet and make smart plays, and just nothing is working. When a team is playing as poorly as the Leafs were in the first period...You cannt just bench everyone. You need to get them to play through it.

When ONE player isnt playing up to standards and just isnt putting up the effort and numbers he should be, you need to send a message. Some respond, some dont.

so your a wilson fan, its not working here, Burns got fired, it wasn't working, but he never played around with the fans during his speeches. he coached

Old
11-26-2010, 08:09 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijiphill View Post
anybody but him, sometimes you have to move on, no chemistry between the coach and him. alot of great coaches got fired, he won,t be the 1st.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:12 PM
fijiphill

yeah agree with that one..........but was wondering other than ken hitchcock who else is out there?

Old
11-26-2010, 08:13 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Well, I figured I could read one of your threads without laughing.

Typically its a trade thread that is laughable and completely outrageous, and I almost made it through one of your posts without shaking my head until I read the bolded part.

Wilson eat, sleeps and lives hockey. He's got the most games coached out of any active coach in the league, and has coached some pretty damn successful teams.

So for him to say he's trying to show fans up is actually rediculous. He's trying absolutely everything to get players motivated and to move their feet and make smart plays, and just nothing is working. When a team is playing as poorly as the Leafs were in the first period...You cannt just bench everyone. You need to get them to play through it.

When ONE player isnt playing up to standards and just isnt putting up the effort and numbers he should be, you need to send a message. Some respond, some dont.

forgot, a great coach is like Ruff,lindy. gets them out of a slump, with a mediocre team. team believes in him.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:15 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
yeah agree with that one..........but was wondering other than ken hitchcock who else is out there?
a good young coach, columbus,s asst. coach. can,t remember his name. young coach with young players

Old
11-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Alazais

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
versteeg,gets a stupid penalty, we were already down 1 man , and just got scored on. he gets to play more, took an extra shift at the end, kulimun spot. what message is wilson sending? , kaberle makes a stupid play, buffalo gets a break away, he gets benched 2 shifts. last sat. komi passed the puck to camerllari, never got benched. wilson is going to lose his players, if he did' t already. mistakes or not he should keep pushing the players, motivate them , encourage them. whats next? kadri benched for not scoring, monster, benched tomorrows game.

wilson stop trying to show up the leaf fans and think you know more than us, we have played and watched hockey since we were born, you idiot! concentrate on coaching.

wilson you need

You sir, need help.Your existence makes me sad.

Old
russmatuss

Quote:
cup67, apparently.

Old
fijiphill

Bob Boughner ?

Old
11-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Leafs4life1996

Just fire him now!

Old
11-26-2010, 08:19 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
so your a wilson fan, its not working here, Burns got fired, it wasn't working, but he never played around with the fans during his speeches. he coached
No, I never directly said I was a Wilson fan.

Another failure of a post.

What I implied was that Wilson was indeed coaching, and he is a good coach as a matter of fact.

The cogs that arnt working are some of the players on this team. This isnt the complete picture and is still very much a work in progress. How can you expect to get team to have consistant play when there is this much youth and inexperience in the forward corps. They are going to have growing pains!

No matter the coach, there is going to be very inconsistant nights.

This team is lacking a legitimate #1 Centre, and a legitimate first line left winger. It is very much a work in progress and you cannot blame the coach for not having the right pieces.

He's trying everything in the book to get results, so you cannot say he's not coaching. I'd be calling for his head if he wasnt benching the likes of Bozak, Kessel etc. That would again be creating a culture which took so long for this club to get away from.

Players need to take ownership and play hard every night. Hopefully we'll see that someday when some of these players grow together and mature.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:20 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc116 View Post
It's not Wilson's fault that his players are taking stupid penalties.
every team takes penaltys, wilson does not motivate, players are young. he thinks he does but its not working, its ok move on, take ur winning record with you, season not playoff record. maybe he needs 5 or more allstars on his teams to win

Old
11-26-2010, 08:23 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

I am not the biggest fan of Wilson but this thread is pretty dumb. We need to stop questioning every little tiny decision that he makes. Wilson is not a rookie coach he knows what he is doing. I don't know that all his decisions are right ones but he's not an idiot and he wants to win.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Alazais

Quote:
every team takes penaltys, wilson does not motivate, players are young. he thinks he does but its not working, its ok move on, take ur winning record with you, season not playoff record. maybe he needs 5 or more allstars on his teams to win
You're a level above Wilson, I suggest you coach. You seem to be the most knowledgeable hockey mind out there. Please, take over the reigns.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:26 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
No, I never directly said I was a Wilson fan.

Another failure of a post.

What I implied was that Wilson was indeed coaching, and he is a good coach as a matter of fact.

The cogs that arnt working are some of the players on this team. This isnt the complete picture and is still very much a work in progress. How can you expect to get team to have consistant play when there is this much youth and inexperience in the forward corps. They are going to have growing pains!

No matter the coach, there is going to be very inconsistant nights.

This team is lacking a legitimate #1 Centre, and a legitimate first line left winger. It is very much a work in progress and you cannot blame the coach for not having the right pieces.

He's trying everything in the book to get results, so you cannot say he's not coaching. I'd be calling for his head if he wasnt benching the likes of Bozak, Kessel etc. That would again be creating a culture which took so long for this club to get away from.

Players need to take ownership and play hard every night. Hopefully we'll see that someday when some of these players grow together and mature.
when are you going to get it, its not working between him and the playeres, look at buffalo, i think we have a better team, but coach is whats making them click. so not a big deal move on wilson, maybe players need a different voice and system. coaches have been let go forever, sometimes the teams play better with a new coach, fresh start.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:31 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alazais View Post
You're a level above Wilson, I suggest you coach. You seem to be the most knowledgeable hockey mind out there. Please, take over the reigns.
ya i,v coached, took a team midway, mthl, went on to win the carnation cup, players needed a new voice. previous coach was to hard on them 12 year olds. players played scared. parents got coach out. it worked.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:33 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

he has his favorites every year and can't seem to find a reason to discipline them.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:35 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

they look like they are playing scared, instead of just playing hard let all go. ex. kadri called out after he got 2 points, hes playing safe, scared not to make a mistake

Old
11-26-2010, 08:43 PM
FreshFitted67

Fire Wilson and hire this guy

Fire Wilson and hire BOUGHNER

Believe me. He's the guy.

Boughner is a 12 year NHL Veteran Defenceman who was well-respected and known for being extremely tough and fearless. He was well liked around the league and even became a key member of the NHLPA

He bought the Windsor Spitfires in 2006 and became the President, C.E.O. and head coach. He won Back to Back OHL and CHL head coach of the year in 08 and 09. AND the Spitfires won the OHL championship and Memorial Cup in 09 and 2010.

He then coached the Canadian National Under-18 team to a dominant victory of the IVan Hlinka Tourny. Undefeated.

He has joined the Columbus Blue Jackets as an Assistant Coach and their record has jumped from 32-35-15 (0.481%) to 14-7-0 (0.667).

His teams are known for being very defensively responsible, and he's unbelievable with young players which is perfect for our rebuilding team. He's a character guy. He's a hockey guy. He's a coach that a player can believe in.
that's my argument.

Last edited by FreshFitted67: 11-26-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old
11-26-2010, 08:43 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by russmatuss View Post
cup67, apparently.
hey stick to foodball, because coaches never get fired there.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFitted67 View Post
[IMG]http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/ar...shipId=3406299[/IMG]

I'll let you fanatics figure out who he is and his resume + all his strengths and weaknesses.
It's Bob Boughner, but can he make chicken salad out of chicken ****?

Old
11-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFitted67 View Post

I'll let you fanatics figure out who he is and his resume + all his strengths and weaknesses.
The Boogieman.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:49 PM
NoTouchIcing

You're posting an argument for a guy but letting us figure out his resume? Weak.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:51 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
It's Bob Boughner, but can he make chicken salad out of chicken ****?
its only chicken sh**, because of wilson, change is what this team needs,

Closed Thread