HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Fire Ron Wilson... ASAP PART II

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2010, 08:48 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BylerTozak View Post
I invite all leaf fans to Join me outside the ACC at 5:30 on Saturday December, 4th. The leafs play the boston bruins and me and a group of buddies are putting together a FIRE RON WILSON rally. We have about 20 people so far but know we need more to get any notoriety. Bring signs that clearly state our intentions. This, hopefully, will put some pressure on Brian Burke. If we can get upwards of 100 people out there expressing our right to peaceful protest hopefully we can help induce change. COME ON PEOPLE.
throw it up on facebook, and invite everyone you can..trust me it'll spread like wildfire.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:50 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Agreed

Changes don't guarantee improvement.

Its almost unbelievable but the more changes Leafs make the weaker the Team gets..
Which should be a huge red flag. The g.m isn't actually doing as good a job as many here seem to believe. He should be removing himself from the g.m position and concentrate on being the president. It's time for both of these guys to walk away or be removed.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Stan Dupcomic
Thank you come again

Exactly how does firing Wilson help this team? Remember Wilson coached the US national hockey team to a silver medal and has 500+ career wins. WHO CAN REPLACE THAT?

Old
11-27-2010, 08:51 PM
trickster

Wilson blows. The Leafs don't go in the right direction.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:52 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
i would love it if every person who says "fire Wilson" constantly on here would go with you and your pals. that would be awesome.

i'd love to hear Burke's comments afterwards.

time for the Wilson haters to put up or shut up.
If I didn't live on the other side of the country I'd be there with bells on. Unfortunately, I'm not flying there on Saturday.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:53 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc116 View Post
Exactly how does firing Wilson help this team? Remember Wilson coached the US national hockey team to a silver medal and has 500+ career wins. WHO CAN REPLACE THAT?
Any coach that coached his team to a Gold?

Sometimes your best isn't good enough.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
11-27-2010, 08:54 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
I invite all leaf fans to Join me outside the ACC at 5:30 on Saturday December, 4th. The leafs play the boston bruins and me and a group of buddies are putting together a FIRE RON WILSON rally. We have about 20 people so far but know we need more to get any notoriety. Bring signs that clearly state our intentions. This, hopefully, will put some pressure on Brian Burke. If we can get upwards of 100 people out there expressing our right to peaceful protest hopefully we can help induce change. COME ON PEOPLE.
ya...burke will listen to 100 random people outside the ACC. Dont be pathetic. That sounds almost as bad as the support Spezza rally the 21 Sens fans held this offseason.

Old
11-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Which should be a huge red flag. The g.m isn't actually doing as good a job as many here seem to believe. He should be removing himself from the g.m position and concentrate on being the president. It's time for both of these guys to walk away or be removed.
Burke made it impossible on himself by putting all his eggs in one basket, giving up all our trade-able present assets last year essentially for one player, after giving up pretty much all the future assets he could trade for one player as well. Now he is stuck with a terrible team and nothing worth much value to improve it on the trade market. (Kaberle excluded)

Old
11-27-2010, 08:56 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Burke made it impossible on himself by putting all his eggs in one basket, giving up all our trade-able present assets last year essentially for one player, after giving up pretty much all the future assets he could trade for one player as well. Now he is stuck with a terrible team and nothing worth much value to improve it on the trade market. (Kaberle excluded)
those are the key reasons why I greatly dislike Burke

Old
11-27-2010, 08:58 PM
asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Just because he has overhauled the roster doesn't mean he's made it any better.
We don't know though unless we try with another coach.

I always see the knocks of how brutal this team is, especially from outsiders, but I don't think it's THAT bad.

The goaltending is solid, and the defence is good; well at least it's better than it should be. The weak link is the forwards obviously but I think another coach could get more out of this group and play to the teams' strength.

On top of all that are his evaluations. Wasn't he the one that endorsed signing Finger, acquiring Stempniak, and getting rid of Steen and Colaiacovo because they were out of shape?

Old
11-27-2010, 09:02 PM
JBSpeed

I'm officially down with bringing in Bob Boughner.

We have a few key pieces of young talent that need to be coached appropriately. Why not bring in the coach that has the experience working with young talent, especially with the back-to-back Memorial Cup Championships to prove it.

Sure, maybe Boughner isn't ready for the heat that becoming the head coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs would bring, but after watching the success of the Spitfires here in Windsor, I'd give him my vote of confidence over Wilson in a heartbeat.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc116 View Post
He wouldn't have got a silver medal if Komisarek didn't get hurt. Who put Komisarek on that team?

Old
11-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Hal 9000*

Canuck fan here so take this as you will. I have no love for the leafs, but c'mon, it's getting pathetic trying/having to watch your team play hockey every saturday afternoon. I'm just here to see what the attitude about firing Wilson is because really, I mean really, he's gotta go.

Trying to force Burke into a corner to fire Wilson may just make him dig in deeper so you'll likely just have to wait it out, but I can't imagine Burke wants to throw away another season like last year.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:23 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Team is playing a well organized, consistent, controlled and tough game that makes the other team work for every inch of ice.

Those are the things a good coach influences.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:24 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Wilson sucks. He needs to be fired. I have heard that the players hate him.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Dwight K Schrute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
ya...burke will listen to 100 random people outside the ACC. Dont be pathetic. That sounds almost as bad as the support Spezza rally the 21 Sens fans held this offseason.
Fans pretty much got Isiah Thomas fired as the Knicks head coach. The rally they held gained a ton of attention all over North America.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:39 PM
javier

Quote:
Fans pretty much got Isiah Thomas fired as the Knicks head coach. The rally they held gained a ton of attention all over North America.
Isiah Thomas got fired because of a sexual harrassment scandal that costs the Knick millions in a lawsuit.

Back to the topic at hand which is Ron Wilson, these players have tuned him out in a big way and if the GM doesnt see that then he's in denial. The truth is, they never should have hired Wilson to begin with, his personality with where the team was made for a disasterous combination. Im now rooting for them to lose because this to come to a conclusion sooner or later and I'd rather sooner. Burke and Wilson, at least one of them has to go.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Dwight K Schrute

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier View Post
Isiah Thomas got fired because of a sexual harrassment scandal that costs the Knick millions in a lawsuit.

Back to the topic at hand which is Ron Wilson, these players have tuned him out in a big way and if the GM doesnt see that then he's in denial. The truth is, they never should have hired Wilson to begin with, his personality with where the team was made for a disasterous combination. Im now rooting for them to lose because this to come to a conclusion sooner or later and I'd rather sooner. Burke and Wilson, at least one of them has to go.
The sexual harrassment was not the reason he got fired. Do research and report back.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:04 PM
The Beyonder

Quote:
The sexual harrassment was not the reason he got fired. Do research and report back.

No, he was just asked to do community service as the Sexual Harassment Panda and give speechs at elementary schools.

Seriously though... Isiah Thomas was fired, or resigned(officially) because he was dreadful and made promises he couldn't keep.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:14 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Team is playing a well organized, consistent, controlled and tough game that makes the other team work for every inch of ice.

Those are the things a good coach influences.
I don't know what team your watching. They show signs of this for a period a game and that's about it. I'd rather a team that can win than a team that tries hard. The team is simply coached wrong.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
our next seven games are against Tampa on the 30th, Edmonton on the 2nd, Boston on the 4th, Washington on the 6th, Pittsburgh on the 8th, Philadelphia on the 9th and Montreal on the 11th. Assuming Phaneuf does return for the game against Calgary on the 16th, I'm gonna say it'll be with a new coach behind the bench.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Dwight K Schrute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootAllures View Post
our next seven games are against Tampa on the 30th, Edmonton on the 2nd, Boston on the 4th, Washington on the 6th, Pittsburgh on the 8th, Philadelphia on the 9th and Montreal on the 11th. Assuming Phaneuf does return for the game against Calgary on the 16th, I'm gonna say it'll be with a new coach behind the bench.
I see another 0-7 coming up.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
I see another 0-7 coming up.
And no pick!!! :h elp:

Old