HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And THAT is why Boogaard was a great signing

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
7.5 million for faceoffs and penalty kills...mike zigomanis make 500k...so, he might be useful but how useful...
Again, I never said Drury wasn't overpaid.

The strawman is getting old.

12-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
That's a good one. You're almost as good at making jokes as you are at understanding basic fundamentals of sports.

BTW, Lucic: 35 games, 27 points, .77 PPG
Krejci: 28 games, 24 points, .86 PPG
how long did you take working on that one...seems like a while because you were gone for 15 minutes...I didn't say who is averaging more points per game...but thanks for the facts...now mommy can tuck you in..it is getting late.

Old
Alvvays
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Mike Zigomanis is a hack.

Drury has over 600 points and 200 goals. This guy is not Blair Betts, you fools.

Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Again, I never said Drury wasn't overpaid.

The strawman is getting old.
and i never said boogey wasn't....

Old
12-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Mike Zigomanis is a hack.

Drury has over 600 points and 200 goals. This guy is not Blair Betts, you fools.
Drury at this point in his career is a face off man and penalty killer, end of story!

Old
12-29-2010, 09:56 PM
gluvhand

And at THIS point in his career Boogaard can't even effectively do the one thing he was overpaid to do.

Old
12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
how long did you take working on that one...seems like a while because you were gone for 15 minutes...I didn't say who is averaging more points per game...but thanks for the facts...now mommy can tuck you in..it is getting late.
Sorry, pointing out how a middle aged man fails to grasp concepts about sports that should have been obvious to him when he was a kid isn't #1 on my agenda. I certainly spend way too much of my time watching and reading/discussing about hockey, but thankfully, I do have other things to do sometimes.

Also,the guy who averages the most PPG leads the team in scoring, since he's scored more points than anyone else has relative to the amount of games played. That's the whole point of the stat. It shows that he scores more than other players, like Lucic. That's why saying Lucic leads the Bruins in scoring is misleading and very convenient to your argument.

You don't really have the right to talk about me getting tucked in by my mommy when you post witty comebacks like "Buttman," Beavis.

Old
12-30-2010, 06:01 AM
chosen

Quote:
When you make comments like these you betray yourself as not even being a fan of hockey. You are fitting yourself snugly into the stereotype that many of us here have of you of relating everything to your version of toughness, not even understanding that someone like Callahan is light years tougher than Boogaard.

When a player like Rozy absorbs a hit in order to make a pass, that's real toughness. If Boogaard were to take a similar hit, his only strategy would be to show his "toughness" by trying to punch the guy.

Being tucked in?

Is someone who is against you feeding you lines?

Old
12-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Sorry, pointing out how a middle aged man fails to grasp concepts about sports that should have been obvious to him when he was a kid isn't #1 on my agenda. I certainly spend way too much of my time watching and reading/discussing about hockey, but thankfully, I do have other things to do sometimes.

Also,the guy who averages the most PPG leads the team in scoring, since he's scored more points than anyone else has relative to the amount of games played. That's the whole point of the stat. It shows that he scores more than other players, like Lucic. That's why saying Lucic leads the Bruins in scoring is misleading and very convenient to your argument.

You don't really have the right to talk about me getting tucked in by my mommy when you post witty comebacks like "Buttman," Beavis.
Take a vote as to who people would rather have...Lucic or Krejic and see what the response is...I will bet you your allowance!

Old
12-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
When you make comments like these you betray yourself as not even being a fan of hockey. You are fitting yourself snugly into the stereotype that many of us here have of you of relating everything to your version of toughness, not even understanding that someone like Callahan is light years tougher than Boogaard.
When a player like Rozy absorbs a hit in order to make a pass, that's real toughness. If Boogaard were to take a similar hit, his only strategy would be to show his "toughness" by trying to punch the guy.

Being tucked in?

Is someone who is against you feeding you lines?
Fitting from a guy who refers to himself as the chosen...chosen for what

Rozy and toughness in the same sentence.....

Old
12-30-2010, 08:49 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
and i never said boogey wasn't....
So, you acknowledge that Boogaard is overpaid and yet you continue to defend him while insulting everyone who doesn't think as you do. What's the point? Let it go already.

Old
12-30-2010, 08:56 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Fitting from a guy who refers to himself as the chosen...chosen for what

Rozy and toughness in the same sentence.....
What's so funny about that? I have seen Rozy take many hits to make a play (some of which have resulted in goals). Unlike Boogaard, Rozy has been an important part of the Rangers this year.

Old
12-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Ok, I think this thread has run it's course. There's a current thread on Boogaard's heath here. Please do not continue this urinating contest there.

Closed Thread