HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

And THAT is why Boogaard was a great signing

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
  #526
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
7.5 million for faceoffs and penalty kills...mike zigomanis make 500k...so, he might be useful but how useful...
Again, I never said Drury wasn't overpaid.

The strawman is getting old.

__________________
DMPD is online now  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:36 PM
  #527
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
That's a good one. You're almost as good at making jokes as you are at understanding basic fundamentals of sports.

BTW, Lucic: 35 games, 27 points, .77 PPG
Krejci: 28 games, 24 points, .86 PPG
how long did you take working on that one...seems like a while because you were gone for 15 minutes...I didn't say who is averaging more points per game...but thanks for the facts...now mommy can tuck you in..it is getting late.

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:36 PM
  #528
Alvvays
Man Girardi
 
Alvvays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 60,232
vCash: 50
Mike Zigomanis is a hack.

Drury has over 600 points and 200 goals. This guy is not Blair Betts, you fools.

__________________
Soon.
Alvvays is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:36 PM
  #529
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Again, I never said Drury wasn't overpaid.

The strawman is getting old.
and i never said boogey wasn't....

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:38 PM
  #530
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Mike Zigomanis is a hack.

Drury has over 600 points and 200 goals. This guy is not Blair Betts, you fools.
Drury at this point in his career is a face off man and penalty killer, end of story!

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 09:56 PM
  #531
gluvhand
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rockland County
Country: Greece
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
And at THIS point in his career Boogaard can't even effectively do the one thing he was overpaid to do.

gluvhand is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
  #532
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
how long did you take working on that one...seems like a while because you were gone for 15 minutes...I didn't say who is averaging more points per game...but thanks for the facts...now mommy can tuck you in..it is getting late.
Sorry, pointing out how a middle aged man fails to grasp concepts about sports that should have been obvious to him when he was a kid isn't #1 on my agenda. I certainly spend way too much of my time watching and reading/discussing about hockey, but thankfully, I do have other things to do sometimes.

Also,the guy who averages the most PPG leads the team in scoring, since he's scored more points than anyone else has relative to the amount of games played. That's the whole point of the stat. It shows that he scores more than other players, like Lucic. That's why saying Lucic leads the Bruins in scoring is misleading and very convenient to your argument.

You don't really have the right to talk about me getting tucked in by my mommy when you post witty comebacks like "Buttman," Beavis.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 06:01 AM
  #533
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
how long did you take working on that one...seems like a while because you were gone for 15 minutes...I didn't say who is averaging more points per game...but thanks for the facts...now mommy can tuck you in..it is getting late.
When you make comments like these you betray yourself as not even being a fan of hockey. You are fitting yourself snugly into the stereotype that many of us here have of you of relating everything to your version of toughness, not even understanding that someone like Callahan is light years tougher than Boogaard.

When a player like Rozy absorbs a hit in order to make a pass, that's real toughness. If Boogaard were to take a similar hit, his only strategy would be to show his "toughness" by trying to punch the guy.

Being tucked in?

Is someone who is against you feeding you lines?

chosen is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 07:24 AM
  #534
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Sorry, pointing out how a middle aged man fails to grasp concepts about sports that should have been obvious to him when he was a kid isn't #1 on my agenda. I certainly spend way too much of my time watching and reading/discussing about hockey, but thankfully, I do have other things to do sometimes.

Also,the guy who averages the most PPG leads the team in scoring, since he's scored more points than anyone else has relative to the amount of games played. That's the whole point of the stat. It shows that he scores more than other players, like Lucic. That's why saying Lucic leads the Bruins in scoring is misleading and very convenient to your argument.

You don't really have the right to talk about me getting tucked in by my mommy when you post witty comebacks like "Buttman," Beavis.
Take a vote as to who people would rather have...Lucic or Krejic and see what the response is...I will bet you your allowance!

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 07:27 AM
  #535
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
When you make comments like these you betray yourself as not even being a fan of hockey. You are fitting yourself snugly into the stereotype that many of us here have of you of relating everything to your version of toughness, not even understanding that someone like Callahan is light years tougher than Boogaard.
When a player like Rozy absorbs a hit in order to make a pass, that's real toughness. If Boogaard were to take a similar hit, his only strategy would be to show his "toughness" by trying to punch the guy.

Being tucked in?

Is someone who is against you feeding you lines?
Fitting from a guy who refers to himself as the chosen...chosen for what

Rozy and toughness in the same sentence.....

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 08:49 AM
  #536
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,057
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
and i never said boogey wasn't....
So, you acknowledge that Boogaard is overpaid and yet you continue to defend him while insulting everyone who doesn't think as you do. What's the point? Let it go already.

GAGLine is online now  
Old
12-30-2010, 08:56 AM
  #537
ocarina
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Fitting from a guy who refers to himself as the chosen...chosen for what

Rozy and toughness in the same sentence.....
What's so funny about that? I have seen Rozy take many hits to make a play (some of which have resulted in goals). Unlike Boogaard, Rozy has been an important part of the Rangers this year.

ocarina is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 09:04 AM
  #538
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Ok, I think this thread has run it's course. There's a current thread on Boogaard's heath here. Please do not continue this urinating contest there.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.