Wild Claim Patrick O'Sullivan

Old
11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLuBelle View Post
There's got to be a lot more to Patrick O'Sullivan than we know. How does a guy go from the press box of the Carolina Hurricanes to the top line of the Minnesota Wild in a day?

There is something very strange about this guy.
Yeah, it's the fact that he's a wing who will shoot the puck, something the Wild haven't had since Lats has been out. For the Wild, a wing who shoots first is very strange.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It's the Wild...we have guys like Clutterbuck, Miettinen, and Brodziak in our top six right now.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Oilfan66

LOL, I might be like only 1 of 10 Oilers fans that doesnt truely hate O'Sullivan but Im glad the Wild picked him up and Im happy to see him putting a couple points up so far for you all.

I always thought Patrick O'Sullivan git such the Sh*tty end of the stick in Edmonton by Quinn. He didnt deserve the treatment he got there, didnt deserve the sheer hatred shown by so called Oiler "fans".

He was a decent 2 way player in LA and Quinn demanding he turn into a checker (all 170 lbs of him) in Edmonton was beyond stupid. Then being paired with the human turnover machine that Horcoff was last year didnt help him out either (seriously, I dont think Ive ever seen a line with less natural chemistry then JFJ, Horcoff, O'Sullivan, but that was Quinns goto shut down unit ).

I was cheering for O'Sullivan when Carolina gave him a shot, but who could have predicted Jeff Skinner exploding like he has this year. Skinner was slated to go back to Juniors before training camp. O'Sullivans bad luck continues!

So hopefully he can put up decent numbers, turn his life around some, and find a home with the team that drafted him originally.

Some underdogs you just cant help but cheer for!

Good luck Patrick O'Sullivan, not everyone from Edmonton hates you or wishes you ill!

Oilfan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 08:34 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
glad to hear it! He should at least have the chance for top six minutes (and PP time) here that he wasn't getting his last couple stints. If he doesn't show well here he always has the excuse of crappy linemates but if that's your excuse on three other teams it kinda makes you look worse.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 09:56 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

When he get's down his shoulders and starts playing his own game he will show everyone what he is good for..

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:07 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
When he get's down his shoulders and starts playing his own game he will show everyone what he is good for..
He's good....for an AHLer...Honestly I'd rather have claimed Prucha.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:28 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
He's good....for an AHLer...Honestly I'd rather have claimed Prucha.

He has shown with some of his numbers that he is to good to be an AHL player..

And it's something different with O'Sullivan than Prucha.. Sully belong with us and everyone knows it..

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
He has shown with some of his numbers that he is to good to be an AHL player..

And it's something different with O'Sullivan than Prucha.. Sully belong with us and everyone knows it..
He doesn't belong with us, he belongs in Charlotte with Zach Boychuck and other Hurricane prospects. Perhaps Houston if Carolina is too cheap to pay his AHL salary.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

do you actually want Prucha or are you just being stubborn because you don't think that O sully will help?

Nobody here thinks that O sully will immediately come in and change the team. But O sully has enough skill to warrant being on the top six of this team, not a good thing, but at least he adds a little bit of talent and creativity. This is a desperation move, a "throw it a wall and see if sticks" type of move. He does still have upside and we have nothing to lose.

Best case we get another lats, although that would be pretty surprising.

I dont know much about prucha, but I don't think he would immediately fit with our top 6, which is where we would need him.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Jbcraig1883

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
He doesn't belong with us, he belongs in Charlotte with Zach Boychuck and other Hurricane prospects. Perhaps Houston if Carolina is too cheap to pay his AHL salary.
I respectfully disagree thus far. In his first few games, he has made some very nice plays by using his speed or hands, something that Kobasew/Mittens can't do on that top line. And while he isn't the best defensively, he has backchecked when it counts. The fact that he barely played this season and has picked up 2 points already, created more for his linemates than Mittens has the whole year isn't bad at all. As long as he continues to compete, make nice passes, get shots on net, he's a far better option on the top two lines than anyone else we have.

Last edited by Jbcraig1883: 12-01-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Jbcraig1883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2010, 01:35 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

From the stands, I thought he was the one bright spot in that awful Flyers game. I really liked his play.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote