HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We need a left winger....

Old
11-23-2010, 12:33 PM
SONTOULOS

vCash: 500
We need a left winger....

Rumour is that the Bruins might send Sturm to the minors for cap space. How about it DL? Swing a deal of a prospect, or draft pick(s). I think he'll be a good pickup to fill the void.

SONTOULOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 12:53 PM
DeeMeck

If that is the case then just claim him off waivers.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 04:38 PM
CNS
A World Alone

HIGHLY doubt Sturm would make it to us on waivers if a guy like O'Sullivan got claimed. Send a pick their way and take Sturm please. We NEED something on LW. It's gotten to pathetic levels now.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 05:00 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I doubt Sturm will be first line material either after all those knee problems. My guess he'll look something like Handzus on his first season on the Kings.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 05:18 PM
timmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
HIGHLY doubt Sturm would make it to us on waivers if a guy like O'Sullivan got claimed. Send a pick their way and take Sturm please. We NEED something on LW. It's gotten to pathetic levels now.
If you're talking about Patrick O'Sullivan the former Kings- and Oilers player, he was never claimed. He cleared and was dealt to the Coyotes who bought him out the same day.

However, I also doubt that Sturm would make it to us through waivers

timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

I can't see the Kings trading assets for Sturm. If the Bruins waive Sturm I think he could be avaialble to the Kings and maybe it would be a good fit. His injuries are a red flag for most teams I would think and a fairly high salary to gamble on (3.5 million). On the other hand he could be worth the risk, he is a pretty decent scorer and pk guy when healthy. His contract expires at the end of the year so he wouldn't be a long term gamble atleast.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmeh View Post
If you're talking about Patrick O'Sullivan the former Kings- and Oilers player, he was never claimed. He cleared and was dealt to the Coyotes who bought him out the same day.
Keep up ...

Hurricanes put him on Waivers and he was just claimed by Minnesota

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:21 PM
timmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Keep up ...

Hurricanes put him on Waivers and he was just claimed by Minnesota
Aew! Did not notice this. My apologies!

timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Hello Patrick?

its your official last chance calling.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:39 PM
BamBam1031

Wow, blast from the past:

http://*******************/articles/...injured-player

Quote:
In one of the dumbest moves in Kings trade-deadline history (and that is saying a lot), the Kings traded 24-year-old, 20-goal scorer Patrick O'Sullivan and a second-round draft pick to the Carolina Hurricanes for injury-plagued forward Justin Williams.

BamBam1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 09:57 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Hello Patrick?

its your official last chance calling.
... It's amazing and sad what a single off-season with a terrible team can do to a young player's reputation in the fickle NHL.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 10:58 PM
AStammer7*

Kings Need Man Kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
I can't see the Kings trading assets for Sturm. If the Bruins waive Sturm I think he could be avaialble to the Kings and maybe it would be a good fit. His injuries are a red flag for most teams I would think and a fairly high salary to gamble on (3.5 million). On the other hand he could be worth the risk, he is a pretty decent scorer and pk guy when healthy. His contract expires at the end of the year so he wouldn't be a long term gamble atleast.
Sure MSturm might be good for the Kings but so might and extensive shot from ALoktionov,OMoller,BSchenn,BHolloway,etc etc etc...I'd keep the cash and draft choices,prospects for our own prospects...

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam1031 View Post
ok, what is *********************?

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:20 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
It's this.

Old
11-23-2010, 11:22 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... It's amazing and sad what a single off-season with a terrible team can do to a young player's reputation in the fickle NHL.
lesson learned: dont play hardball with Dean Lombardi, folks.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 11:25 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
lesson learned: dont play hardball with Dean Lombardi, folks.
... Yep the guy who's won just as many Cups as Patrick O'Sullivan and has built such a good organization over five plus seasons that the great Dwight King is on first line LW duty

Old
11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I dont know JT, he had been struggling for awhile and really, he had been given ice time and opportunity to earn his way. He has the talent but for some reason hasn't been able to stick with 3 NHL teams.

I think its on him now.

Old
11-23-2010, 11:49 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I dont know JT, he had been struggling for awhile and really, he had been given ice time and opportunity to earn his way. He has the talent but for some reason hasn't been able to stick with 3 NHL teams.

I think its on him now.
... He played ONE season with a terrible team, moves on and plays 9 minutes a game for 10 games with a mediocre team. What's not to know??? Are those reasonable opportunities? Of course not. He scored 96 points in two seasons before that. Does that not count for anything?

He's making 600 grand a year, about the same as Dwight King. I KNOW he's a better player than Dwight King. What's the problem with taking a flier? He has skill. He got discouraged with the losing in Edmonton; that happens. The Kings need a guy who can play on that line. He's been teammates with Kopitar and Brown. Some of the fans here (of which I am one) still like him and think he's worth a shot. He's 25 years old. He can only go up from where he is now, right? I think at this point it's not so much a question of "Why?" as much as it is "Why Not?"

Old
11-24-2010, 12:00 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Then why with all of his skill was he passed over again? Do you think that the Oilers wanted him to fail or that the Canes thought "lets bring POS on board and then not give him a shot"? Why did we deal him and then why did he fail at two different teams so far?

I really like POS and want him to make it but there has to be something going on that made 3 teams give up on him especially when you consider his skill set.

Its on him.

Last edited by etherialone: 11-24-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old
11-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post

FYI, just do a Google search and put the whole sentence: "In one of the dumbest moves in Kings trade-deadline history (and that is saying a lot), the Kings traded 24-year-old, 20-goal scorer Patrick O'Sullivan and a second-round draft pick to the Carolina Hurricanes for injury-plagued forward Justin Williams."

For whatever the reason, HF views the ****** site as (probably?) a competitor, and thus will not allow the site's URL to be shown/linked from here. Weird, but strangely logical I guess.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
FYI, just do a Google search and put the whole sentence: "In one of the dumbest moves in Kings trade-deadline history (and that is saying a lot), the Kings traded 24-year-old, 20-goal scorer Patrick O'Sullivan and a second-round draft pick to the Carolina Hurricanes for injury-plagued forward Justin Williams."

For whatever the reason, HF views the ****** site as (probably?) a competitor, and thus will not allow the site's URL to be shown/linked from here. Weird, but strangely logical I guess.
thanks - never even heard of that site <shrug>

Quite the prognostication regardless - lol. Sounds like something a poster here might write.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Mattias

Quote:
The guy got waived by the worst team in the NHL, got blasted by TSN officials, held out in contract talks, then waived by another team.

The last one I can understand the waiving (couldn't play top-9), but enough was enough. He was passed up enough times in his draft year to have the crowd chanting for Patrick O' Sullivan. I'm just not seeing the correct work ethic from POS, and I was red-faced over the initial trade at the deadline. Now though? I'm all for Williams. I'd like to hear Steve Keegan's view on the trade now to.

My LW shot in the dark? Vanek. Parise will cost higher, Semin I can't see being moved. He's the right age, talent, and fit. That's just my duel-pennies though.

Mattias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 12:58 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontos View Post
Rumour is that the Bruins might send Sturm to the minors for cap space. How about it DL? Swing a deal of a prospect, or draft pick(s). I think he'll be a good pickup to fill the void.
If Sturm was a legit first line LW, the Bruins wouldn't be sending him to the minors.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 02:53 PM
MOOKER411

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
If Sturm was a legit first line LW, the Bruins wouldn't be sending him to the minors.

I am a Bruins fan just here to try and shed some light on Sturm.
The fact is nobody knows what GM - Chiarelli is going to do. I don't want to lose Sturm or anyone else but the cap world is what it is. It could be Sturm going to the minors but may also be Ryder. The Bruins have some options but it basically comes down to who gets picked up off of the waiver wire or who steps up with a deal first.
The Bruins ( due to the cap ) will not be able to hum and haw over anything. If you want someone like Sturm or Ryder or Wheeler or Hunwick or Ference etc, just make an offer and you could get any one of them cheap as Boston cannot take anything back salary wise and won't have the time to think it over.

MOOKER411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
that has more to do with the cap than it does his talent

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote