HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blindenbacher recalled (reassigned 11/30)

Old
11-27-2010, 12:39 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eartotheground View Post
nope, id rather have seen him paly, im just makin fun of the dogmatic, "what an idiot craw is for ______" comments.
I would love to have to nitpick, y'know, if this team was leading the division or something...

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:59 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I would love to have to nitpick, y'know, if this team was leading the division or something...
2 points out of it.

Just sayin'.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:04 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
2 points out of it.

Just sayin'.
Touché. Call me when this team plays like a division winner night in night out.

More road games than home games left on the schedule. Just sayin

Old
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
the thing is, that the griping comes from the standpoint of, "if only the coach and gm did everything right, then the stars will win." this is a typical view of any fan of any team in any sport... problem is, that you can make all the right decisions, and still lose. and you can make wrong decisions and still win. i get so tired of armchair coaches/gms acting like they are just light years ahead of a coach/gm in understanding the game.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 10:58 AM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Why don't you shoot down our individual complaints if you think we have no idea what we're talking about? Refute us point-by-point.

If you're just going to look at it as a zero-sum "did we win or did we lose" question, then you can sweep all debate under the rug and never worry about ever improving the team. The process of getting better is constant, it never stops. There's always something that can be modified for the better so that the team wins more often or more decisively. Better process = better future results. I don't think Crawford has a good process and I'm going to continue making that known until he's gone or his process changes.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 02:29 PM
piqued

Blindenbacher scratched tonight, again again.

Old
11-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Why doesn't Niewendyk send him down

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Not so fast. Mark wrote the following:

Quote:
Crawford said he'll probably go with the same lineup, but he'll make make a final decision after warm ups. He said a couple people are "dinged up" and he could still use defenseman Severin Blindenbacher, who was called up from the Texas Stars earlier this week due to an injury to defenseman Mark Fistric.
It's still possible.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 11:23 AM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_ View Post
Not so fast. Mark wrote the following:

It's still possible.
Ahhh ! we may still see the scooter parked next to the entry !! ouf !

torero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 06:42 PM
piqued

Blindenbacher scratched tonight, again again again.

Old
11-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Pretty soon these Euro Free agents are going to see that Dallas is not the place to go play. We treat them like absolute ****.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 09:17 PM
piqued

What I don't get is that if they just wanted a spare body around for the road trip and in case of injury.... call up Fortunus. He is what he is at this point and there isn't a whole lot left to learn. He would also make half of Blindenbacher's salary. For his part Severin needs to be playing as many games as possible (whether in the AHL or the NHL) on North American ice to get the transition period out of the way which has been delayed by his car accident.

Old
11-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Pretty soon these Euro Free agents are going to see that Dallas is not the place to go play. We treat them like absolute ****.
My thoughts exactly.

Old
11-29-2010, 09:51 PM
txomisc

Quote:
What I don't get is that if they just wanted a spare body around for the road trip and in case of injury.... call up Fortunus. He is what he is at this point and there isn't a whole lot left to learn. He would also make half of Blindenbacher's salary. For his part Severin needs to be playing as many games as possible (whether in the AHL or the NHL) on North American ice to get the transition period out of the way which has been delayed by his car accident.
Doesnt Fortunus have to clear waivers?

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Fly Like a C5

I believe that players called up as replacements for injured players are exempt from waivers.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
I believe that players called up as replacements for injured players are exempt from waivers.
You believe incorrectly, unless it is an emergency call-up. That's not the case in this instance. Yes, Fortunas would have had to clear re-entry waivers, which likely would not have been an issue.

What's the harm in having Blindenbacher earn more money, an extra incentive to make the NHL, the privilege to practice with an NHL team and all the other perks involved? There isn't, so to conclude because the Stars have sat a guy - whose only played 8 games this year and is coming off a pretty recent concussion by the way - during a four game winning streak is reason for all other European free agents to scatter is rather silly.

Sure, I'd like to get a glimpse at him playing, but the year is still young. It's highly unlikely there won't be another injury on the blue line. Or maybe he plays his way into the roster as another player plays his way out.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:57 AM
glovesave_35
Name

I'm curious what the reasoning is behind having him up but not playing. This is a case where if we lived in Canada the question would have been already been answered.

In any event it seems kind of strange to have a guy who could use all the game experience he can get in North American sized rinks just up to practice with the big boys.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:57 AM
torero

Quote:
I'm curious what the reasoning is behind having him up but not playing. This is a case where if we lived in Canada the question would have been already been answered.

In any event it seems kind of strange to have a guy who could use all the game experience he can get in North American sized rinks just up to practice with the big boys.
I believe that he was simply recalled because of the injuries ... and because the coatch didn't trust Woywitka . Yet The surprise came from Woywitka who, according to what i understood, (i watched no game so far ... i am on the other side of the Atlantic!) played less than average and now, in 4 games, is playing very decently and gets again 20 min. ice time a game ! he also scored 2 assists in 4 games. Therefore Blindenbacher is patiently waiting ! Woywitka was apparently on the short leash ... but so far did really great.

A golden rule being : don't change a winning team.

While i am disapointed because Blindenbacher is my landsman, i understand the logic of the trainer. I do appreciate it ... to the contrary of Tipet who was so illogical and scared !

torero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Just got sent back down to Cedar Park. Wow.

Quote:
Severin Blindenbacher has been reassigned to Texas. The defenseman did not appear in any games for the Dallas Stars.
http://hundreddegreehockey.blogspot....-to-texas.html

Old
11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Nullus Reverentia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Just got sent back down to Cedar Park. Wow.

http://hundreddegreehockey.blogspot....-to-texas.html
Garbage. ****ing stupid they didn't give him at least a game. Niewendyk should've forced Crawford to start him at least once.

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:48 PM
Sony Eriksson*

They should of benched Niskanen!

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Modo
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Well that's a downer.

Oh well, he'll be back.

12-07-2010, 02:50 AM
TheNextOneX

Blindenbacher should have make the team a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

What a huge waste of time.

TheNextOneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 02:59 AM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextOneX View Post
Blindenbacher should have make the team a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

What a huge waste of time.
And you have... exactly what direct point of comparison between Blindenbacher and the current D corps?

I would love to see him as much as anybody, but if he's not beating someone out in practice (and Woywitka, for all his issues, has been relatively solid since Fistric broke himself), then he shouldn't play just to satisfy everyone's curiosity. And bringing him up in the first place is a no brainer. If you only have 6 D and, say, Trevor Daley gets sick the morning of a game and might not be able to play a full game, you don't want to have to scramble to get someone if Austin is on the road somewhere and it will take a guy 7 hours to get to where you are.

My guess is he was called up instead of Larsen in this scenario because they figured he wouldn't get in a game, honestly. Larsen is by far the higher ceiling guy and someone they want on NA ice as much as possible, so if you've got to bring up a guy to sit and only play if it's an absolute emergency, then you bring up a different guy
to do that. Larsen came up when they knew he would play that night since Daley's illness meant he would be out or they would go with 7 D that night.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2010, 03:10 AM
TheNextOneX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
And you have... exactly what direct point of comparison between Blindenbacher and the current D corps?

I would love to see him as much as anybody, but if he's not beating someone out in practice (and Woywitka, for all his issues, has been relatively solid since Fistric broke himself), then he shouldn't play just to satisfy everyone's curiosity. And bringing him up in the first place is a no brainer. If you only have 6 D and, say, Trevor Daley gets sick the morning of a game and might not be able to play a full game, you don't want to have to scramble to get someone if Austin is on the road somewhere and it will take a guy 7 hours to get to where you are.

My guess is he was called up instead of Larsen in this scenario because they figured he wouldn't get in a game, honestly. Larsen is by far the higher ceiling guy and someone they want on NA ice as much as possible, so if you've got to bring up a guy to sit and only play if it's an absolute emergency, then you bring up a different guy
to do that. Larsen came up when they knew he would play that night since Daley's illness meant he would be out or they would go with 7 D that night.
How hilarious you compare him to Larsen who only has 9 assists in 18 games and Blindenbacher had 1g and 5a in 11 games.

A BIG SORRY, but Blindenbacher is way ahead of this Danish prospect that u mention, Blinden is a vet of 27 years old who is clearly whooping everyone on D against everyone on this team.

LIKE I WAS SAYING:

AN ENORMOUS WASTE OF TIME.

TheNextOneX is offline   Reply With Quote