HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#23 - 11.24.2010 | New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 7:30 PM - MSG 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2010, 11:09 PM
  #751
morffin
Registered User
 
morffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: CT
Country: United States
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Eh, I thought he played pretty well. Honestly, I thought he made a lot of quality saves. It wasn't his best night but he could have certainly played much worse. He made breakaway saves, stopped several odd man rushes, stopped some quality shots in the slot, etc. I think Tampa could have definitely had more than 5-goals. I think he played a pretty good game IMO.
he didnt play badly by a regular goalies standards...but nowhere near what were used to seeing from him.... he had lots of trouble controlling the puck tonight....just rust.
Ranger fans need to chill the **** out..... its a roller coaster around here....some people need to get off the ledge after every loss.... young team here...nights like this will happen.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:12 PM
  #752
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post


I miss that man. haha

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:20 PM
  #753
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,154
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCallahan View Post
Also, what exactly did Torts say about Gaborik?
"He's supposed to be our best player. I looked at their best players, they looked good. I didn't see our best player."

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:46 PM
  #754
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,419
vCash: 500
Terrible hockey but they had some nice plays in the 3rd. I wasn't really paying attention when Tampa went up 4-0. Gaborik is really starting to get annoying. I remember in the beginning of last season when he was playing great I was thinking "wow, this is what it's like to have a super star again". Then after the Olympics his game fell apart, and it hasn't been put back together. He loves to dominate weaker teams and fails to show up in important ones.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:03 AM
  #755
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shat Scar View Post
"He's supposed to be our best player. I looked at their best players, they looked good. I didn't see our best player."
This is what we brought Torts in to do. Light a fire under the ass.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:03 AM
  #756
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people
 
Brendan Shanahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Thank God I fell asleep after the first period. I have a few questions:

1) Does the BAR line still look bland?

2) Is DZ getting his game back?

4) How did Hank look? In my opinion, he had no business stopping the first two goals. That was purely the defense's fault.

I'm actually pretty disappointed with the team's overall effort as of late. As many of you have said already, Gaborik has been atrocious. He doesn't have that drive from last year. Looks more like late-Minnesota Gaborik, which is not a good thing...at all.

Also I honestly feel bad for Hank. I was really hoping that this would be HIS year. He was awesome last year even in games like this. Is the lack of playing time bothering him? Was he really "ill" and is that stopping him from playing as he usually does? Top five goalies don't have these off years unless something is very wrong. Thomas was injured for most of last season and look at him now. I highly doubt and really hope that Hank isn't injured. However, as a huge Hank fan from day one, it really hurts to see the guy playing off mainly because of the weak effort from the team in front of him. It's actually kind of scary that the team decides to work their ***** off when Henrik is NOT playing. It's very sad to be honest.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:10 AM
  #757
lbrowne
Registered User
 
lbrowne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 2,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Terrible hockey but they had some nice plays in the 3rd. I wasn't really paying attention when Tampa went up 4-0. Gaborik is really starting to get annoying. I remember in the beginning of last season when he was playing great I was thinking "wow, this is what it's like to have a super star again". Then after the Olympics his game fell apart, and it hasn't been put back together. He loves to dominate weaker teams and fails to show up in important ones.
I really hope it's something along the lines of him not quite being 100% from the injury...

Unfortunately, and I think I'm in a small group when I say this, I still wish we somehow kept an aging Jagr over Gabby with Tort's style of game.

I really really hope Gabby turns it around soon, I'm really starting to lose my patience with him. It pains me to say it.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 12:52 AM
  #758
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,286
vCash: 500
Annnnd there are the November Rangers. horrible effort tonight, don't think we won a puck battle all night.

Shooting gallery on Hank and he was fighting the puck to boot.

Add in having to battle against the refs as well and there ya go.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 01:31 AM
  #759
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
he didnt play badly by a regular goalies standards...but nowhere near what were used to seeing from him.... he had lots of trouble controlling the puck tonight....just rust.
Ranger fans need to chill the **** out..... its a roller coaster around here....some people need to get off the ledge after every loss.... young team here...nights like this will happen.
Just a lot of NYR "Fans:" on these boards. They show up big time in a loss to bellyache, put blame at the refs feet, etc even in games where it's the team not the refs. Jesus christ what a whiny board with some sprinkles of common sense and losing like a man.

Team played bad. TB looked great. People talk all off season about how TB is a better team and how they're a near contender and when they show it the same people complain. Stop being mad, stop crying, stop proclaiming the team needs to get blown up and redone. You;'re not a GM, you're someone who can't get into the NHL if you tried, you're not right, sit down, shut up, be a fan and watch the team instead of deluding yourself into thinking you can run it. My god sometimes it's funny to watch the cliff diving but other games it's pathetic.

Hank has played phenomenal for consistent stretches this season. He got sick and hasn't been himself since. Common sense says he's prob still gotta work out some kinks. No goalie delivers consistent 40 save performances with a 1.5 GAA. Gabs is recently back from injury can we wait a damn month without trading him after an injury? Guy is clearly getting his groove back. Most teams aren't dumb enough to leave him wide open like Edm did and he's working with a sloth and either a head case or a rookie.

Lost a single game and everyone is talking it's possibly a disaster for Hank AND Gabs. Trade em both. Get it done arm chair GM's.

If the team does this bad for a year than guess what babies your team had a bad year. TB just had to suffer through a 1st and 2nd overall pick worthy season. The Devs are worst than us right now. Pitt had about 5 top 5 pick worthy seasons. Certain people dream of a horrible season but whine like Roseanne when they see it might happen. Team has drastically overperformed so far.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 01:45 AM
  #760
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,859
vCash: 500
we played like crap. throw it away and come back on friday with some effort.

and i think the post game crew is right...the Rangers style of play is already starting to come back and bite them in the ass..you can't play this balls to the wall type hockey for 82 games a season, its impossible, and its going to get harder and harder for this team to sustain the play as the season goes on. just not near enough talent on this team.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 05:38 AM
  #761
Chris 84
Registered User
 
Chris 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 992
vCash: 500
It was very poor in the first two periods but it's not too surprising given the amount of hockey we've played this month that a few matches have been bad. We just have to bounce back quick.

It must be pretty hard being Avery or Christensen out there. Boogaard can't control the puck, can't backcheck, can't forecheck, can't pass, can't really do much of anything. Obviously last night isn't on Boogaard, the team didn't play well but I'd much rather they replaced him with someone. I see him and I can't help thinking Voros was considerably better.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:36 AM
  #762
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,094
vCash: 500
This team has been fun to watch this year. Even last night, you could see they were trying to adapt in the 3rd, trying to learn what they could do differently.

I like the effort and attitude overall.

Reality is we are a .500 team that will give some of the true contenders a hard time now and then.

The potential upside is we continue to improve as the season goes on, make the playoffs and win a round. I don;t think you can really expect more than that. More is possible, but you can't expect it. It's just as likely that we fail to make the playoffs.

A .500 team

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:44 AM
  #763
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Just a lot of NYR "Fans:" on these boards. They show up big time in a loss to bellyache, put blame at the refs feet, etc even in games where it's the team not the refs. Jesus christ what a whiny board with some sprinkles of common sense and losing like a man.

Team played bad. TB looked great. People talk all off season about how TB is a better team and how they're a near contender and when they show it the same people complain. Stop being mad, stop crying, stop proclaiming the team needs to get blown up and redone. You;'re not a GM, you're someone who can't get into the NHL if you tried, you're not right, sit down, shut up, be a fan and watch the team instead of deluding yourself into thinking you can run it. My god sometimes it's funny to watch the cliff diving but other games it's pathetic.

Hank has played phenomenal for consistent stretches this season. He got sick and hasn't been himself since. Common sense says he's prob still gotta work out some kinks. No goalie delivers consistent 40 save performances with a 1.5 GAA. Gabs is recently back from injury can we wait a damn month without trading him after an injury? Guy is clearly getting his groove back. Most teams aren't dumb enough to leave him wide open like Edm did and he's working with a sloth and either a head case or a rookie.

Lost a single game and everyone is talking it's possibly a disaster for Hank AND Gabs. Trade em both. Get it done arm chair GM's.

If the team does this bad for a year than guess what babies your team had a bad year. TB just had to suffer through a 1st and 2nd overall pick worthy season. The Devs are worst than us right now. Pitt had about 5 top 5 pick worthy seasons. Certain people dream of a horrible season but whine like Roseanne when they see it might happen. Team has drastically overperformed so far.
Good post, and it's true...I had low expectations for this team, and I have been pleasantly surprised so far. Every loss is not cause for an immediate rebuild, and every win is does not mean this team is a piece or two away from a Cup run...this remains a transition year in my mind. More responsibility is being placed upon the younger members of this team, and two more rookies - Stepan and Sauer - are being integrated. This team is flawed, and going to lose to a good team on the road. I said at the beginning of the year that TB was improved, so, it's not a shock to me to see them play well.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 06:49 AM
  #764
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke11y96 View Post
Anyone else think the Frolov experiment should come to an end? The guy has yet to be on an offensive line that shows legit chemistry for more than one game, and as great as that edmonton victory was, it was just a game vs edmonton...
I think he should be moved next to AA and Callahan, with Dubi moving next to Stepan and Gaborik. Gaborik could use Dubi riding shotgun in the same manner Gravy did for Mess...might open up some space for him.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:09 AM
  #765
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,476
vCash: 500
I'm so glad I've started watching the games as replays the day after. Now I can just turn the game off when the team decides to take the night off, instead of facepalming myself live for 3 hours. So much time saved, so much frustration saved.

Now, I didn't watch the whole game, but why the hell are some of you bashing Hank after this loss? You just check the statz or do you have eyes? Letting a Tampa player stay parked and uncontested in our crease all game long is inexcusable. Just let our guys hand him a chocolate box as well while they're at it. And giving up a monthly supply of quality scoring chances in one damn game is pathetic. Our D pinching when they're unable to pick their spots is getting old, real old.

So much for praising our crease clearing the other day, seems Eminger and Sauer are the only ones who can do it.

It seems pretty clear to me our team celebrates thanksgiving on the ice as well - annually - and does so for about a month.


Last edited by Chimp: 11-25-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 07:26 AM
  #766
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I'm so glad I've started watching the games as replays the day after. Now I can just turn the game off when the team decides to take the night off, instead of facepalming myself live for 3 hours. So much time saved, so much frustration saved.

Now, I didn't watch the whole game, but why the hell are some of you bashing Hank after this loss? You just check the statz or do you have eyes? Letting a Tampa player stay parked and uncontested in our crease all game long is inexcusable. Just let our guys hand him a chocolate box as well while they're at it. And giving up a monthly supply of quality scoring chances in one damn game is pathetic.

So much for praising our crease clearing the other day, seems Eminger and Sauer are the only ones who can do it.

It seems pretty clear to me our team celebrates thanksgiving on the ice as well - annually - and does so for about a month.
Bingo. I was watching live but turned it off at 3-0. I also avoid these boards when I have to turn the game off. It's done wonders for my blood pressure.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:32 AM
  #767
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Number one reason we lost was they had awesome puck support and we had absolutely none. Add that with the terrible defensive lapses, taking too many penalties and being lost on the PK and you've got that outcome.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.