HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa Senators vs. Dallas Stars | 7:30 PM | TSN2 | 2-1 loss

Old
11-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
we need penner guys.. i am telling you
Michalek for Penner goes down at some point this year. Book it.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:23 PM
HSF

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Is this sarcasm? If not, then the last thing we need is slower players.
no we need someone who will crash the net

ie Penner

HSF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:24 PM
The Illusive Man

I don't think Michalek will ever have chemistry with Spezza, disappointing that he was put on the first line, I felt he played very well against LA with Regin and Kovalev. Benching Karlsson was a dumb move by Clouston, he's played real well all season. He looks much more sharp on defence, and well his offence speaks for itself... atleast Lecaire played well tonight.

The Illusive Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Euclid
Futbol Fan

Only three players actually showed up tonight:

1. Spezza
2. Regin
3. Leclaire (and he's lucky it wasn't 5-1)

Honourable Mention: Shannon

Spezza and Regin are the only players that have brought their A-Game on a consistent basis the past few games, but it hasn't been enough. Two players (on separate lines no less) cannot carry a team, unless their names are Ovechkin and Crosby.

Kovalev made some interesting plays (loved that ball-hockey style pass over the net, lol).

Other than that, brutal players were:

1. Honestly, probably Alfie
2. Foligno
3. Ruutu
4. Fisher
5. Michalek
6. Michalek
7. Michalek

None of these guys lived up to expectations. I hate to put Alfie on the list (HE being ALFIE of course) but he seemed uncharacteristically lethargic out there. Little energy, negligible effort.

Michalek was downright awful. Blew every chance he had, has no patience, no creativity, no passing ability, no forecheck, no boardplay, I could go on for days. Basically, he has no anything. I picked him to really get back on track this year, I could not have been more wrong. He drags down every line he plays on.

Fisher has been exceedingly bad in recent games. I understand he's playing injured, but is there honestly no way we can bring up someone, anyone from Bingo, and send Lee down?

Why are we leaving guys like Z. Smith down there? He's allegedly playing his hard-nose style (and not trying to rack up points) so he'll be prepared for his NHL role should he need to be called up. He NEEDS to be called up. He is prepared, he is needed, why is he not here?

And dammit, I wanted Butler to stay in the AHL, but we need something to spark this team. Either decide we're going to tank now and start exploring all possible trades in preparation for the deadline or do something to get this team back on track, so we're not in our customary state of limbo come deadline day (should we buy or should we sell--with Murray it's invariably sell).

Sit Fisher, sit Foligno.

Send Hale, Lee, and (someone else?) to minors.

Bring up Butler, Smith.

Put Karlsson back in.

Just do something. I personally am not just panicking because we lost a 2-1 game (close score, could have gone either way with luck--although we had tonnnes). This is a perennial trend with Sens, and it's either we stop it now through trades or stick out the year.

I don't want Murray making trades so just stick it out, we'll finish 6-11, and begin anew with a fresh GM and cap-space next season.

(Btw, Murray has done a fantastic job organizing his retirement. Just as his era ends, he passes the club with a boat-load of cap-space and D-prospects to his successor, who will have the leeway to put his stamp on the team.)

Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
We need goals..but we sit a player that makes offense happen..?? and play a guy like foligno 12 minutes tonight (he should be the one sitting)..

Sit foligno, Sit Winnie, lets see Bulter, Locke.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:09 PM
trentmccleary

What was wrong with Foligno tonight?

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:22 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Watching other games tonight, up front so many other teams are SO much more creative with the puck its unbelievable how bland we are. We have Spezza, Alfie, and Regin, thats pretty much it when it comes to being creative. You could throw Kovalev in there too but Im not a fan of his and I don't think he even does anything with his creativity most of the time. We need 1 more skilled shooter up front IMO.

Our D is pretty damn skilled, but with no skilled forwards most of the time it hurts them.

Also, the other problems are that no one drives to the net, where the **** is Neil causing havoc in the crease anyway? And we don't even play physical. If were going to suck and be bland on offense, at least be physical guys, we don't do ANYTHING well. Were not good at puck possession game, were not good at dump and chase, were not good at crashing the net, we have no physicality, we have no creativity and skill.

What exactly do we have as an overall team? Its a legit question.

PeterSidorkiewicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:37 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Not looking for excuses, but could today's performance be due to the flu? Many players seemed to lack energy.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 01:01 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Just pulled up this stat from tonight:

Mike Fisher TOI: 13:21. SHTOI: 00:00

Jason Spezza TOI: 20:41. SHTOI: 03:40

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 01:04 AM
obsenssive*

Send a message via MSN to obsenssive*
this was one of the worst sens games i've ever seen.... just nothing there tonight. the shannon goal was a fluke. the stars didn't even play that well but compared to the sens they looked like league leaders.

we had no passing. no creative play. no aggressive work in the offensive zone. foligno looked fu$king dead out there. fisher played with non puck presence, it didn't even look like he was paying attention tonight.

regin on the other hand! Peter Regin actually tried and made some smart plays. the only guy who deserves respect from tonight is Peter Regin.

obsenssive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 05:28 AM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
What was wrong with Foligno tonight?
I thought he worked hard around the net - maybe I'm missing something.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote