HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McMillan/Sexton/Bonino/Beleskey (Beleskey->Anaheim Post#90)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2010, 01:16 PM
AD87

vCash: 500
McMillan/Sexton/Bonino/Beleskey (Beleskey->Anaheim Post#90)

http://ducks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|ANA|home

Old
11-24-2010, 01:26 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

That's good.

So...

McMillan-Bonino-Sexton
Voros-Marchant-Parros

Is Chipchura back?

Old
11-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

vCash: 50
guessing that this was the master plan after all. although I would rather see beleskey than mcmillan

Old
11-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Paul4587

So they sent them down for two days just to save a few thousand dollars. What stingy ****ers. Surely the money means more to the players than it does to ownership.

And we still have no third line offensive ability.

Old
11-24-2010, 02:28 PM
wesott11

It's a business. Sounds stingy but it is what it is.

I can't believe I was right. Stingy ********.

Old
11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

Weak of BM to jerk 3 guys around to simply save a few thousand bucks.

Old
11-24-2010, 03:12 PM
alx83*

@icemancometh Eric Stephens

Two days after sending them down to Syracuse, Ducks call back Dan Sexton, Nick Bonino and Brandon McMillan. I'll try to make sense of it.

2 hours ago via web

I guess if he hasn't responded, it's because we wanted to save money.

Old
11-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Papaspud
Vatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG We Need Defense View Post
@icemancometh Eric Stephens

Two days after sending them down to Syracuse, Ducks call back Dan Sexton, Nick Bonino and Brandon McMillan. I'll try to make sense of it.

2 hours ago via web

I guess if he hasn't responded, it's because we wanted to save money.
Not just that, but the primary reason was the maximum number of players on the roster. We needed a bit of room, until the waivers, and trades went through.

Old
11-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Paul4587

They may have needed to send one down to accommodate the roster moves, but not all three. They had 20 on the roster before Carter was dealt, there was no reason to send all three down other than to be stingy.

Old
11-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Gibson Les Palms
pas assez bon

vCash: 50
so if they send them down they must report to syracuse or could they have theoretically stayed in SoCal even though they are no longer on the roster?

Old
11-24-2010, 05:03 PM
rocsfeather
jump

This could also help with a little (very little) extra cap flexibility should we need it later on.

If we sent our number 2 pick Bobby Ryan back and forth to Bakersfield, we can move these players to the AHL and back.

Old
11-24-2010, 06:25 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Bobby Ryan made a little more financial sense because a) he was paid more b) the trip is only a couple of hours drive instead of practically a whole day flight c) the trip only costs ~$130 in vehicle reimbursement costs vs $1000 in plane flights.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate short business trips like that. 1 day fly to NY, 1 day in NY, 1 day flying back? Stressful and non-productive.

We've already traded away 2 guys in Carter and Syvret because they were unhappy with their treatment. This kind of thing may or may not hurt in terms of these or other players view the organization, but it certainly doesn't help.

If we really wanted to save money, the team should stop signing/acquiring crap like Jaffray, Oystrick, Eminger/Voros, Zaborsky, Smith, etc. Don't get me wrong, it needs to strengthen the AHL team. Just give them AHL contracts like DiPenta.

Old
11-24-2010, 06:58 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

The Reg trying to make sense of it all (http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/11/...tidbits/50066/):

Quote:
– By now, you’ve learned that the club has called back wingers Dan Sexton and Brandon McMillan along with center Nick Bonino, the same trio that was sent out to Syracuse (AHL) on Monday. Here’s the lowdown (in hopefully coherent fashion):

In activating defenseman Andy Sutton on Sunday, the Ducks needed to get back to the league-roster maximum of 23 and did so by putting Josh Green on non-roster waivers. They sent out Sexton, McMillan and Bonino but when they put Ryan Carter on waivers and subsequently traded him for two minor-leaguers, that put the roster at 19 which is one under the league minimum.

In other words, the Ducks had to immediately recall at least one player and that was likely done with Sexton, who got his first point of the season against the Oilers after being recalled initially on Saturday. Part of the decision to bring back all three is that center Kyle Chipchura hasn’t officially been cleared yet and the club wanted to have more options available for Friday’s home game against Chicago.

According to a club official, the Ducks already had recalling at least one of those players for this weekend’s games in their plans. One also shouldn’t rule out the fact that they saved a little cash by having the three on an AHL salary for a couple of days instead of their pro-rated NHL amount, though this appears to be a minor side benefit.

Confused still? We understand.
Still seems like they weren't planning ahead when they sent all 3 down instead of just 1 or 2. Or they were expecting a roster player to come back in the Carter trade (although this seems a little weird since the most likely outcome was either lose Carter for nothing or send him to the AHL, so they should have expected to be down 1 anyways). Or maybe they really were looking to save money.

Old
11-24-2010, 08:06 PM
wesott11

Everyone keeps saying they flew back to Syracuse, do we even know they actually went back?

Old
11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesott11 View Post
Everyone keeps saying they flew back to Syracuse, do we even know they actually went back?
The NHL requires them to report back, you can't just send them down on paper. Also, they were at Syracuse's practice on on Tuesday.

It's ********, we have no cap issues and could have gotten away with sending 1 (if any) back while the waiver stuff was being sorted out, we didn't need to send all three back. I know I would be pissed at having to fly back and forth between NY and Anaheim and losing NHL salary for no reason. It's not exactly looking after your players.

Old
11-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Papaspud
Vatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
The NHL requires them to report back, you can't just send them down on paper. Also, they were at Syracuse's practice on on Tuesday.

It's ********, we have no cap issues and could have gotten away with sending 1 (if any) back while the waiver stuff was being sorted out, we didn't need to send all three back. I know I would be pissed at having to fly back and forth between NY and Anaheim and losing NHL salary for no reason. It's not exactly looking after your players.
Between the 2 ****nuts in charge, which one would you expect to give a flying **** in regards to what happens to the players? Both RC and BM( from now on, he will be addressed as "The Turd" by me) have shown themselves to be selfish and shortsighted individuals. With all the bargain-bin moves done so far this season, screwing a Player out of a couple of NHL level pay days has The Turd's fingerprints all over this.

Old
11-24-2010, 10:55 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Yes they have to report.

If they didn't have to report, then they wouldn't have made Ryan and Festerling go to Bakersfield a couple seasons ago.

Old
11-25-2010, 12:44 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Does it really matter if they are sent down for 2 days, it's not like it's sending the players into poverty FFS

Old
11-25-2010, 01:50 AM
rocsfeather
jump

This franchise is in such a bad spot right now. This is beyond dumb.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:02 AM
wesott11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Does it really matter if they are sent down for 2 days, it's not like it's sending the players into poverty FFS
Exactly. IMO you havent earned the right to earn a full salary until you sign a one way deal. If a player complains over something like this, he needs to grow up.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:44 AM
POUM

Quote:
Exactly. IMO you havent earned the right to earn a full salary until you sign a one way deal. If a player complains over something like this, he needs to grow up.
This is just whining from the fans. Sure these three guys are probably annoyed they were in Syracuse for all of 16 hours. But they would much rather be with the big boys and take it all in stride.

The Ducks also didn't practice till Wednesday, I think. So it's not like they really missed out on anything. Other than salary. Which I totally agree sucks. I still think we are missing out on the bigger picture, which true be told I have no idea what it is. And that's what pisses me off about Bob-O. He's a very recluse GM. You never hear a word from him until a trade has been completed. No "Oh the Ducks are going to try to do..." "We're seeking position/line blah". All he has done so far was the press conference to call out the players (And not the coach...). Which admittedly worked for six games.

Old
11-25-2010, 02:51 AM
POUM

Quote:
From the OCR:

Quote:
The rundown, courtesy of McMillan:
They left Orange County on Monday at 2 p.m. and arrived in Syracuse at 2 a.m. They woke up early, went to practice and were summoned back to Anaheim.
We were only in Syracuse for 16 hours, McMillan said. It wasnt even enough time to do any laundry.
All three gladly endure the travel just to stay up with the Ducks. They skated as the third line in practice Wednesday and might get a longer look until Joffrey Lupul returns.
Its three young kids that we feel have earned an opportunity, coach Randy Carlyle said. Is it edged in stone that that threesome is going to play together? I would say no It just seems that were always searching for consistency and I think its time now to give those three an opportunity to play together.
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/11/...rd-line/50170/

Old
11-25-2010, 02:59 AM
wesott11

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUM View Post
Thanks for the link. That answers that question.

Old
11-25-2010, 06:58 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUM View Post
From the OCR:
Quote:
The rundown, courtesy of McMillan:
They left Orange County on Monday at 2 p.m. and arrived in Syracuse at 2 a.m. They woke up early, went to practice and were summoned back to Anaheim.
“We were only in Syracuse for 16 hours,” McMillan said. “It wasn’t even enough time to do any laundry.”
All three gladly endure the travel just to stay up with the Ducks. They skated as the third line in practice Wednesday and might get a longer look until Joffrey Lupul returns.
“It’s three young kids that we feel have earned an opportunity,” coach Randy Carlyle said. “Is it edged in stone that that threesome is going to play together? I would say no … It just seems that we’re always searching for consistency and I think it’s time now to give those three an opportunity to play together.”
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2010/11/...rd-line/50170/
I hope it isn't edged in stone. It sounds dangerous.

Old
11-25-2010, 11:26 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Maybe it's just a way of racking up frequent flier miles. 9 hours to get to Syracuse ... what, did they a detour through Anchorage or something?

Closed Thread