HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

McMillan/Sexton/Bonino/Beleskey (Beleskey->Anaheim Post#90)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Unholy

vCash: 500
Good to hear, Beleskey can give us some goals

Old
03-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Jesus Teemu

vCash: 50
I'd say either Sexton or Blake is the odd man out now for sure.

I wonder if he'll be on the 1st or 3rd line. Doubt he'd fit with Selanne and Koivu.

Old
03-25-2011, 06:25 PM
albertabound

Why do we think that a injured player will help us? If they think Belesky is going to need surgery this off season why risk more damage? I can't understand the coaching staff way of thinking sometimes. Just continue with what we were doing before last night no more of these 7 d games use Parros or Chipchura.

Old
03-25-2011, 06:59 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertabound View Post
Why do we think that a injured player will help us? If they think Belesky is going to need surgery this off season why risk more damage? I can't understand the coaching staff way of thinking sometimes. Just continue with what we were doing before last night no more of these 7 d games use Parros or Chipchura.
Brookbank played forward. He's actually reasonable as a fourth liner, probably slightly better than Parros although he doesn't bring the fighting aspect.

As for Beleskey, good. Anyone is better than Sexton at this point, hopefully we see him in the lineup.

Old
03-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
I'd say either Sexton or Blake is the odd man out now for sure.

I wonder if he'll be on the 1st or 3rd line. Doubt he'd fit with Selanne and Koivu.
most likely not, but Beleskey reminds me of a young Kunitz, who did play well with Selanne so you never know.

9 Games left in the tightest playoff race in years really isnt the time to find out though

Old
03-25-2011, 10:30 PM
caliamad

I'm actually excited. I really don't like what we have going on our 3rd line. Belesky will probably be eased into the 3rd line and gives us an option of throwing 3 scoring lines if we move Ryan around.

Sexton is the odd man out in my book but Carlyle seems to have Big Sex love or something.

Old
03-25-2011, 11:48 PM
bumperkisser

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliamad View Post
I'm actually excited. I really don't like what we have going on our 3rd line. Belesky will probably be eased into the 3rd line and gives us an option of throwing 3 scoring lines if we move Ryan around.

Sexton is the odd man out in my book but Carlyle seems to have Big Sex love or something.
only forward with speed besides selanne/blake im assuming..
too bad he can never handle the puck or actually score..

Old
03-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

I think there's way too much Sexton hate here. He needs about 15# of muscle this summer and some work on shot placement (ok a lot) BUT he's very fast which allows him to forecheck and harass players, has decent hockey IQ, never quits, and has the ability to get shots on net. Several of McMillan's goals are due to a well timed shot/pass from Sexton. There are some teams he's simply a horrible matchup for, calling him worthless is ridiculous. Is he an ideal third liner for us? No, but that's because we have a cobbled together 3rd line - with a scoring center he'd be functional. Since the start of February he has 7 points in 21 games (0.33 PPG is reasonable for a 3rd liner) and an even +/- . Needs work? Hell yes. Worthless? Way too harsh IMO.

Old
03-26-2011, 12:17 AM
caliamad

Sexton is a good extra scoring forward, but he should not be a regular

Old
03-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I think there's way too much Sexton hate here. He needs about 15# of muscle this summer and some work on shot placement (ok a lot) BUT he's very fast which allows him to forecheck and harass players, has decent hockey IQ, never quits, and has the ability to get shots on net. Several of McMillan's goals are due to a well timed shot/pass from Sexton. There are some teams he's simply a horrible matchup for, calling him worthless is ridiculous. Is he an ideal third liner for us? No, but that's because we have a cobbled together 3rd line - with a scoring center he'd be functional. Since the start of February he has 7 points in 21 games (0.33 PPG is reasonable for a 3rd liner) and an even +/- . Needs work? Hell yes. Worthless? Way too harsh IMO.
I agree. If he can improve his shot he isn't all that bad. He's small and doesn't demolish people, but he's not a liability defensively. His speed is a good tool, but his shot might be the weakest I can recall on a Ducks player the last 6 years.

Beleskey has a much better shot and can crash people. However, he's worse than Sexton defensively. When Beleskey improves that part of his game he's a regular for sure. I like him better at this stage of the season though, and especially in the playoffs where we might have to split up the big 3 if we're thinking of going somewhere.

Last edited by Elvs: 03-26-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old
03-26-2011, 04:25 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Totally agree, if I was Sexton I'd be pumping weights at the gym all off-season, he'd be a great third liner for us if he puts weight on IMO.

Old
03-26-2011, 06:02 AM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
-Against Van(feb 9th) Sexton passed in front of the net to McMillan
-Against EDM(feb 13th) McMillan tipped Sexton shot

That's not several... It's more than one, but still

Old
03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Another thing no one has mentioned yet is that Beleskey has a one-way contract for next season. So its probably a good idea to see where he fits in the lineup now and see if he can help the 3rd or 4th line.

Old
03-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

I don't get all the Sexton love and the dislike for this move. Our bottom 6 is pure trash, if by inserting Beleskey it can spark plug the bottom 6 to be useful for the next 9 games it is a great move. It is a low risk high reward situation IMO because even if Beleskey doesn't score or create offense, it isn't like that is not already being done by our current bottom 6ers.

Old
03-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Chelle

Nice to have Matt back, really likes his game.

Hopefully this means no more Sexton. Matt is a much better fit in our bottom six.

So

Closed Thread