HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the Penguins are missing

Old
11-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Setoguchi had less than 5 minutes of ice time tonight...and I don't think he even played in the 3rd.

So please, everyone, forget about this Goligoski + Dupuis + draft pick or whatever packages you are thinking, which I wouldn't even do if he was on pace for 30. The way he's playing right now, I think there's a decent chance we could get him for Lovejoy straight up, or maybe with a mid level pick/prospect added.

Lovejoy would actually be a great fit for their team, as he's signed to probably the best contract in the league. Maybe we could throw in Rupp for some valuable playoff experience (SJ would still be saving $ on the deal)
Setoguchi was injured, not benched. Never mind that Doug Wilson isn't about to trade a valuable young forward at his lowest value for what is at best a #6 defenseman.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:44 AM
thejew09

Setoguchi's fall to mediocrity is similar to Cheechoo's, although not quite as far of a fall. What are the Sharks doing to these wingers?...

thejew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:47 PM
CorpseLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
the main need right now is somebody for Malkin to play with.. like last season. Hopefully Staal can be successful at that when he comes back.

trying to figure out how these two statements go side-by-side

CorpseLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestache09 View Post
Setoguchi's fall to mediocrity is similar to Cheechoo's, although not quite as far of a fall. What are the Sharks doing to these wingers?...
They giveth & they taketh away, Thorton.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 05:57 PM
SEALBound

Here's something I've been thinking about.

Paul Martin @ $5mil/yr

I know he's been a great dman for us this year...but I do not see $5mil out of him...at any time. Gonchar at $5mil > Martin at $5mil. Now this year with him and ZM, I worry that we over paid for them. Now hold on...wait before you all shat your pants. They've been great for us, ZM has really picked it up and I'm excited to have him on the team.

What I worry about...is Letang. When Letang's contract is up...will he be looking for $5mil + if he continues to play the way he's been playing. I mean there's no doubt he's been playing better than Martin...so when it comes time to resign...what's his asking price gonna be? Kinda the same with Orpik, when his is up is he going to be looking for a raise as well because he sees what PM and ZM got...

I dunno, probably dumb to worry about that but it's still in the back of my mind.

SEALBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
**** You, Duthie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
What I worry about...is Letang. When Letang's contract is up...will he be looking for $5mil + if he continues to play the way he's been playing. I mean there's no doubt he's been playing better than Martin...so when it comes time to resign...what's his asking price gonna be? Kinda the same with Orpik, when his is up is he going to be looking for a raise as well because he sees what PM and ZM got...

I dunno, probably dumb to worry about that but it's still in the back of my mind.
Dude, he's signed through 2014 on what's looking like an amazing deal. Letang's contract situation is the last thing you need to be concerned about.

If he earns a payday through playing incredible hockey over the next 4 years, that's a very good thing for us. Not to mention, by 2014, Martin's 5 mil cap hit is going to be a mere drop in the bucket.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 07:50 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseLW View Post
trying to figure out how these two statements go side-by-side
Hoping Staal can come in and be somebody beneficial to Malkin?

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote