HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Darche sitting on top of the league?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2010, 08:42 PM
  #1
Bounbi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
Darche sitting on top of the league?

Well, in one particular stat, apparently.

From Cullen and behindthenet.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=342828



Last edited by Bounbi: 11-25-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Bounbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 08:51 PM
  #2
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,434
vCash: 500
Finally Pleks getting love for the Selke trophy.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 08:52 PM
  #3
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,851
vCash: 500
Price is the best goalie this year.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 08:56 PM
  #4
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,853
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounbi View Post
Well, in one particular stat, apparently.

From Dregger and behindthenet.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=342828

Correct me if i'm wrong, but by dregger you mean cullen?

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 08:56 PM
  #5
Bounbi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 125
vCash: 500
And Picard has the 6th best goal differential per 60 minutes at 5 on 5.

Any MAB comparisons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong, but by dregger you mean cullen?
Oh! Sorry, fixed!

Bounbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:05 PM
  #6
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
If the Selke finalists didn't need to have some of the best +/- in the league, Plekanec would definitely be in the top 5 votes by the end of this year. Hats off to that article

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:34 PM
  #7
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Price is the best goalie this year.
I keep reading this and I cannot understand it. Have you seen Thomas this year???

As much as Price has been unreal, Thomas has been better. That's no slight on Price.

Sure Thomas has played fewer games but Boston has Rask in the wings that needs some icetime. It's not like Thomas has played 5 games here.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:45 PM
  #8
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,923
vCash: 500
From what I've seen Jacque Martin should be at least HM for Jack Adams. His work has shown amazing results at the quarter point

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:47 PM
  #9
andrew2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Sure Thomas has played fewer games but Boston has Rask in the wings that needs some icetime. It's not like Thomas has played 5 games here
obviously Thomas has been amazing, i am not arguing that or trying to take anything away from him.

I would however say that if the norris was handed out today it should go to price. Thomas' sample size is just too small... Price has played 50% more games than Thomas(14 to 21)... A lot can happen in those 7 games..

andrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:51 PM
  #10
CapeBretonHab
Registered User
 
CapeBretonHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2 View Post
obviously Thomas has been amazing, i am not arguing that or trying to take anything away from him.

I would however say that if the norris was handed out today it should go to price. Thomas' sample size is just too small... Price has played 50% more games than Thomas(14 to 21)... A lot can happen in those 7 games..


I'd be VERY impressed if Price were to get the Norris. Seems almost... impossible

CapeBretonHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:53 PM
  #11
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,338
vCash: 506
Scott Cullen gets on my nerves.

I feel like he doesn't know anything, he just reads stats.

The worst thing about him is that he always bobbles his heads and has this stupid smile when he talks, I feel like he's easily the most replaceable guy on TSN.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 09:54 PM
  #12
Carey Chant
Registered User
 
Carey Chant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2 View Post
obviously Thomas has been amazing, i am not arguing that or trying to take anything away from him.

I would however say that if the norris was handed out today it should go to price. Thomas' sample size is just too small... Price has played 50% more games than Thomas(14 to 21)... A lot can happen in those 7 games..
Not to mention when he ate 3 goals early in a game the coach pulled him to save his stats.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:00 PM
  #13
Tendresse
Capitaine Gorges
 
Tendresse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Chant View Post
Not to mention when he ate 3 goals early in a game the coach pulled him to save his stats.
You do know that GAA is applied to a 60 minutes game right? So if a goaltender allows 3 goals in the 1st and get pulled during the 1st intermission, he's going to end up with a 9.00 GAA. Not quite the best way to save stats.

Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:13 PM
  #14
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemain View Post
You do know that GAA is applied to a 60 minutes game right? So if a goaltender allows 3 goals in the 1st and get pulled during the 1st intermission, he's going to end up with a 9.00 GAA. Not quite the best way to save stats.
Really it's overall goals_allowed/Minutes_played * 60 ;

but your point is valid, pulling a goalie doesn't "save" their gaa, unless you believe if left in the net that he would have actually let in 9 goals that night and continued to inflate his gaa.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2010, 10:16 PM
  #15
Hfboards2010
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
If the Selke finalists didn't need to have some of the best +/- in the league, Plekanec would definitely be in the top 5 votes by the end of this year. Hats off to that article
Well, I'm not too worried about his +/-. He's always been a plus player except for THAT one year. Plus, I don't necessarily agree that you need a very high +/-. I mean Gainey won with -2 and Brind'Amour (Twice) with +7 / +8. If he's over 0, I think he has as good a chance to win as the other candidates.

And good for Darche. Hard working guy who doesn't put his team in trouble, etc.

Hfboards2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 05:32 AM
  #16
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
Really it's overall goals_allowed/Minutes_played * 60 ;

but your point is valid, pulling a goalie doesn't "save" their gaa, unless you believe if left in the net that he would have actually let in 9 goals that night and continued to inflate his gaa.
That is incorrect. He would simply have to let goals go in faster than his average rate through the season to worsen his stats, which is bound to happen. Removing a goalie early is indeed good for his stats, unless you think he would save more than his average for the rest of the game.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.