HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Murray

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2013, 11:07 AM
Nizzy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
Funny, bringing up the LeClaire trade as a knock on Murray. The second round pick that went our way in that trade ended up being Lehner.

I think Murray has an above average trade record overall. If I was to knock anything it would be his free agent signings, but then again UFA signings almost always involve overpaying for players who are getting old. The drafting has been at an elite level, and that is what will push this team over if it wins the cup in the next 5 years. The selection of coaches has been hit or miss up until now, but I would argue that Murray was exactly correct in identifying what the team needed when he went out and got Paul MacLean. At this point I would consider the overall coaching from the big team all the way down to Bingo to be elite.

So my report card for Murray would be:
Trades: B
FA signings: D
Drafting: A
Coaching: B (overall) but an A+ in the current term

Most of the drafting didnt come from Murray himself ..We will find out how Noesen and Puempel Ceci do in couple years those are his picks..Only pick he has playing would be Cowen and still waiting on what he will bring on full time basis

Most if not all (swedes maybe but 1 of are talent came from Forsberg even Stone wasnt a Murray pick

Trades: C+ (Turris) Rundblad deal whick Rundblad was Forsberg draft pick
FA signings: F (He overpaid for Gonchar and Kovalev)
Drafting: A...Credit goes too Forsberg mostly Karlsson Silfverberg Lehner cornerstone pieces
Coaching:C..He missed a couple teams before finding a gem in Stache

So must the credit of are rebuild or retool would have to go to Forsberg id give him A+

Murray :Trades and FA signing and coaching probably overall C/C+

Old
03-30-2013, 11:22 AM
KarlSen

Please watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOTrs7UgyDE

Old
03-30-2013, 11:23 AM
sens613

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Resurrecting this thread was a dumb move. These arguments have been beaten to death. Nobody is changing their minds, and I for one am sitting out the rest of this circle jerk.

Aim carefully.
What a cry baby. you were made during a bad season and blamed the boss. That is normal. You were short sighted did not see the long term prospects or depth guys blossoming that Murray drafted . You dont understand how to run a NHL franchise(none of us do) so you mis judged. To say you were right Melnyk was wrong with the benefit of hindsight is wildly immature. Take a second to laugh at yourself for being far off. Your an internet poster on a free forum not a paid hockey writer , it is ok to be wrong without getting angry.

Old
03-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Resurrecting this thread was a dumb move. These arguments have been beaten to death. Nobody is changing their minds, and I for one am sitting out the rest of this circle jerk.

Aim carefully.
I was really hoping over the last few posts that you would stop embarrassing yourself, and just be able to admit you were wrong.

Unfortunately you'd rather slang insults and take your ball and go home.

Ones responses to these little situations, really show ones character, and I for one can't help but feel sorry for you.

Last edited by Ice-Tray: 03-30-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old
03-30-2013, 11:51 AM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
Most of the drafting didnt come from Murray himself ..We will find out how Noesen and Puempel Ceci do in couple years those are his picks..Only pick he has playing would be Cowen and still waiting on what he will bring on full time basis

Most if not all (swedes maybe but 1 of are talent came from Forsberg even Stone wasnt a Murray pick

Trades: C+ (Turris) Rundblad deal whick Rundblad was Forsberg draft pick
FA signings: F (He overpaid for Gonchar and Kovalev)
Drafting: A...Credit goes too Forsberg mostly Karlsson Silfverberg Lehner cornerstone pieces
Coaching:C..He missed a couple teams before finding a gem in Stache

So must the credit of are rebuild or retool would have to go to Forsberg id give him A+

Murray :Trades and FA signing and coaching probably overall C/C+
This type of thinking is really creative! The lengths these people are willing to go to remove credit from Murray is interesting to see. All that Forsberg stuff is awesome fiction!

This poster would have us believe that the GM should not get credit for drafting because he isn't a scout as well, it would seem.

Rather than acknowledge the fact that Murray was responsible for putting together our scouting infrastructure, is intelligent enough not just to hire excellent people, but to allow them to do their jobs, and trust the decisions they make, folks would rather assume that that this great drafting happens in spite of, or regardless of Murray.

The irony is that if we made poor draft choices it would be these same posters putting all of the blame on Murray.

The reality is that Murray is heavily involved in our first and second round picks, and lets the scouts have the majority of the input on the later round picks. The trust Murray puts in his staff is a huge part in creating such a great scouting and drafting environment.

Understanding command structures might help certain posters feel better about the jobs people do.

FWI: I think you might be alone in thinking Gonchar is overpaid...

Old
03-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Bumping a 2 year old thread then flinging insults at each other.

ya...no.

Closed Thread