HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Murray

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyellowsub View Post
Lee healthy scratch for 18th consecutive game, can Murray make up his f**king mind and do something already?
Sign him through next season??

Old
11-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Suiteness

I doubt teams will hand over prospects for our junk. We'll have to trade for picks. The Murray's are good at drafting, no? Start stockpiling the picks and reboot this franchise. Enough is enough.

Old
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PAC View Post
He's been wanting to trade his arse out of town ever since he took over probably cuz he was a muckler pick. Teams aren't biting.
Well he should just send him to Bingo, at least let the kid play - you're paying him to sit in the press box anyway. What does it matter if someone picks him off waivers, you'd only get a 5th or lower for him.

Old
Carlton Orr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
Something needs to be done with this team, it's going nowhere. I don't trust Murray to make the trades necessary, so for that reason I say he should go.

Bring in a new GM by Christmas, give him time to evaluate players before the trade deadline. You may as well leave Clouston in until the end of the season, again allowing the new GM to find his man.

There's just no point struggling to get into the playoffs, we're going to be dumped in the first round, so I'd rather just trade out players for picks, prospects and get a high pick.

Right now, IMHO, just about anyone is available on this team.
I agree, trade anyone but Spezza and EK, I would hate to see some guys leave, but we aren't winning with this current group.

Old
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Maybe Murray and Lee can get matching contract extensions.

Old
11-29-2010, 10:57 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Well he should just send him to Bingo, at least let the kid play - you're paying him to sit in the press box anyway. What does it matter if someone picks him off waivers, you'd only get a 5th or lower for him.
Hell No!!

Old
11-29-2010, 11:06 PM
ULoveMe

Quote:
5th rounders could potentially get you alfie or zetterberg type players...don't underestimate any draft pick. Just look at elliot.

Old
11-29-2010, 11:10 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
5th rounders could potentially get you alfie or zetterberg type players...don't underestimate any draft pick. Just look at elliot.
Yeah an inconsistant backup goalie. WOOT!

Old
11-29-2010, 11:14 PM
herpderp*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Yeah an inconsistant backup goalie. WOOT!
thats what we aim for here in ottawa. the inconsisenators, 4th logo book it.

no but really guys come on now. mediocrity or 1st round draft pick, am i right?

Old
11-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

if we would have won this game, you would have all been up in arms as if everything were perfect. just give it some time, everything will even itself out in the end.

Old
11-29-2010, 11:33 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Tried the "connection" already. Frankly idc if the gm is from china as long as he know how to build a solid team. Enough with the connections and local boy crap!
LOL!

What i truly fear is if we get rid of Murray and the new GM would be able to attract ANY of the top free agents. My worst fear is if Murray stays and also can't get that done.

Old
11-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Carlton Orr*

Eugene Melnyk will hear out cries and not re-sign CC or BM at the end of the season.
Team needs a new face and direction.

Old
11-30-2010, 12:30 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Goon View Post
Eugene Melnyk will hear out cries and not re-sign CC or BM at the end of the season.
Team needs a new face and direction.
I don't know about that. I could see Murray moved into a position of senior advisor like Scotty Bowman has been in for Chicago, rather than fired. CC had a very good start when he first took over the club & many agreed he was a good young coach, I'm not so sure this team wants to get rid of another coach at least not this season. Most already think this city is a goalie graveyard, do we also want to be known as coach killers?

I think this organization is going to wait until this summer when Leclaire, Kovalev, Ruutu, Shannon & maybe Phillips & Campoli come off the books to see what they can do to improve this roster. Plus the impact that some of their prospects hopefully can make & if there isn't significant improvement next season than the axe could fall.

Old
11-30-2010, 01:10 AM
BigEyedPhish

Can Alfy be the player/coach?

Old
11-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Inf4mous0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter0 View Post
if we would have won this game, you would have all been up in arms as if everything were perfect. just give it some time, everything will even itself out in the end.
Haha yeah, funny eh?

Old
11-30-2010, 03:02 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
If we had won this game, which we should have, we would have been a .500 team, which we should be better than.

Neither is the case. This team sucks. We need a new direction. Status quo isn't good enough.

Old
11-30-2010, 03:10 AM
kyle747

Quote:
But we didn't win, did we? We lost horribly.

Old
11-30-2010, 03:24 AM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
But we didn't win, did we? We lost horribly.
It's groundhog day...same game over and over....

1st period - shoot from everywhere, pressure the other team, score a goal or 2 if you're lucky

2nd period - take a bunch of stupid penalties and let the other team back in the game, hope to leave the period tied

3rd period - sit back and let the other team score a couple and lose the game

Have they come back in the third period once this year?

A few beautiful team stats:

27th in shots per game
26th in goals per game

23rd in shots against per game
25th in goals against per game

25th for 5on5 goals for vs against

30th in goals against in 3rd period

T 28th/29th for minor penalties taken

Last edited by OttawaGM: 11-30-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Old
11-30-2010, 04:23 AM
Penner getrdonebryan

Maybe it's time to stop acting like Murray took over the Islanders. He had a very good team when he was named GM. Yes, the prospect pool was nothing to brag about , but the team on ice had two forward superstars in their prime,a very good shut-down pair that was feared by the opposition , a capable 2nd liner who still produced despite being asked to play with Kelly and Neil for his entire Senator career(that guy has now 89 points in 120 games or so for Columbus) Not to mention his speed,two-way game and faceoff greatness. Another young d-man who was ran out of town because he played with a guy who 2 years later is in the AHL. That kid was worth taking the risk , when he was on he could rush the puck up the ice and had a booming shot; believe me, I would rather see someone who has a tiny hope of getting better than Kuba,Picard and Campoli combined . A good,athletic,who didn't panic goaltender - again ,if Murray gets a lot of good reputation for hiring his scouting staff, he should get some hate for the coaches he hired , that couldn't handle the NHL and its players .
The core was there and it was really young .
Murray did not create an identity for this team , he preached toughness and character and we loaded up with 3rd/4th liners, we sucked after a hot start so he abandoned the idea. It was all about defensive awareness and systems the year after, the team sucked again and he fired the coach and brought a guy whose emphasis was on speed and fore-check, the team played well last season but we somehow got away from that and went for more puck poise and skill. No wonder the players are tired of his act.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Suiteness

Was listening to French radio on my drive-in to work this morning and they were saying the rumors are flying around that Clouston is on his last legs since he and Alfie don't see eye to eye at all in regards to the team.

Come to think of it, who have been the two worst players lately? Alfie and Phillips, the two hard core veterans of this team. Are they playing to get this coach fired?

Old
11-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Stassino

Why the hell wasn't Pascal in nets?? He earned his spot, Elliot got a shutout with no shots against him.. Who cares..

Clouston arguing with Alfie and other players..

It's Clouston that needs to go..

Old
11-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post
Was listening to French radio on my drive-in to work this morning and they were saying the rumors are flying around that Clouston is on his last legs since he and Alfie don't see eye to eye at all in regards to the team.

Come to think of it, who have been the two worst players lately? Alfie and Phillips, the two hard core veterans of this team. Are they playing to get this coach fired?
Same thing happened when Shartsburg was here. You could just plain out and out see the players had lost all respect for him. I believe that is happening now with CC.

CC gets out coached every night. In alot of ways he is very much like Shartsburg; he cannot seem to adapt as a game progresses and continues with the same old "system" that doesn't work.

I don't know enough about the internal workings of the dressing room to say 100% that CC is to blame or not. It just seems obvious that the players all look lost out there and don't seem interested in earning their paychecks.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:37 AM
SENSfreak_03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc Man View Post
Same thing happened when Shartsburg was here. You could just plain out and out see the players had lost all respect for him. I believe that is happening now with CC.

CC gets out coached every night. In alot of ways he is very much like Shartsburg; he cannot seem to adapt as a game progresses and continues with the same old "system" that doesn't work.

I don't know enough about the internal workings of the dressing room to say 100% that CC is to blame or not. It just seems obvious that the players all look lost out there and don't seem interested in earning their paychecks.
so we fire CC with no other changes, how long until they give up on the next guy when things don't go their way? Bunch of babies.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiteness View Post

You might want to read the citizen this morning:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...505/story.html

FFS, now Alfie and Clouston don't get along. Bye Bye, Cory.

Old
11-30-2010, 07:49 AM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
You might want to read the citizen this morning:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/...505/story.html

FFS, now Alfie and Clouston don't get along. Bye Bye, Cory.
Not sure how you got Alfie and Clouston not getting along, out of both having different opinions on the loss.

I agree with Alfie's take on it. Can't really get a groove going when your playing shorthanded all period.