HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Prospect Profile: Cody Hodgson

Old
11-22-2010, 03:29 PM
umwoz

vCash: 500
Prospect Profile: Cody Hodgson

http://dropthepuck.blogspot.com/2010...y-hodgson.html

Quote:
After being drafted 10th overall in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, the hockey world was screaming "steal." A two way center that can find the net, Cody Hodgson is as complete of a forward prospect as you see drafted these days. However after 3 consecutive years of not making the big club in Vancouver, many of those same fans are screaming "bust." . . . . .
A fairly lengthy article about Hodgson from juniors till now, I feel like a lot of people criticize him without knowing the whole story. That is a big reason why I wrote this, but I also just like writing about/researching prospects!

Hodgson has had a tough road to where he is now, but it just makes his story all the more intriguing. Hope to see him in the league later this year/early next year.

Enjoy and Discuss!

(note: On the Toews/Kesler comparison, they idea isn't to forecast production in the NHL, it's the playing style that I find similar)

Next Profile: Jeff Skinner

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Fearless

i heard hodgman was better

Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Canuckee

Great article, despite not putting up any points these past two games, he as easily the best player according to moose fans that saw him play. He is already taking up a role as a leader for the Moose according to the commentors who absolutely love this guy. He is the best player even when he's not producing and could of had 3-6 assists on the week had the team actually been able to finish.

Canuckee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2010, 04:35 PM
umwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
Great article, despite not putting up any points these past two games, he as easily the best player according to moose fans that saw him play. He is already taking up a role as a leader for the Moose according to the commentors who absolutely love this guy. He is the best player even when he's not producing and could of had 3-6 assists on the week had the team actually been able to finish.
Being from Winnipeg, I get to see alot of Moose games. Even when he isn't producing points, you can really notice him out there, especially how involved he is in every aspect of the game. He plays solid defense, doesn't float, and seems to do everything with a purpose. His skating has actually surprised me a bit as well.

Old
11-22-2010, 04:37 PM
HemskyToHall*

Thanks Cody for the memories in Brampton, good luck in Manitoba.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Canuckee

Do you watch a lot of Moose games umwoz? I was wondering if you could keep Canuck fans updated occasionally on the Canuck board?

Old
11-23-2010, 02:48 AM
God
Free Citizen

Wow, so the posters here were wrong about Hodgson?

What is going on!

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
I think hodgson had something like 10 shots on net last game, did not score, but was a complete force out there.

he has had a rough road, but there is a good chance he might get a few games with the canucks this year.

Would be a great comeback story

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2010, 01:30 PM
umwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckee View Post
Do you watch a lot of Moose games umwoz? I was wondering if you could keep Canuck fans updated occasionally on the Canuck board?
Probably 3 or 4 every month, and I'd be glad to actually.

Old
11-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Canuckee

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Probably 3 or 4 every month, and I'd be glad to actually.
Thanks!

Old
11-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
http://communities.canada.com/thepro...-forecast.aspx

Quote:
The Cody Hodgson Watch has changed dramatically.
It's now a matter of "when" rather than "if" the highly-touted, highly-scrutinized prospect will become a member of the Vancouver Canucks later this season. Based on his performance and rave reviews with the Manitoba Moose — 13 points (8-5) in 17 games — it's simply a matter of more AHL seasoning as to when the first-round pick can finally end lingering questions about his health and relationship with the NHL club.
Although the Canucks recalled Jeff Tambellini on Tuesday to play with Ryan Kesler and Mason Raymond, the long-term plan could have Hodgson slotted on that line at some point in the new year. He's come that far, that quickly.
"What we're seeing is a guy who hasn't played a whole lot of hockey in the last 18 months who is building a great foundation," said Canucks general manager Mike Gillis. "He's playing a lot of minutes, playing in every situation and we want him to stay there and continue to do that and get stronger and quicker."
The onus was on the 20-year-old Hodgson to learn to be an every-day pro, learn how to be as good off the ice as he has been on it and learn to handle expectation and adversity. The 10th overall pick in the 2008 entry draft has been a fast study after a long struggle with a bulging disc and then a broken toe with the Brampton Battalion last season after missing the first 50 OHL games to mend his back.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 10:38 PM
umwoz

Bittersweet for me, I like him as a player, so it's great that he'll get the call. But on the other hand I won't get to watch him.

Old
11-24-2010, 10:50 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Great to here that he's quickly become Manitoba's best player. I can't imagine where he'd be right now if he never had that back injury and lost a year of progression. I'd guess he'd be centering our 2nd line on pace for 50-60 points.

chopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 11:38 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
The Lord a cometh

R S is offline   Reply With Quote