HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The 2010-11 Disputable Decision thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
The 2010-11 Disputable Decision thread

Date: Friday 26th November
Teams: Philadelphia Flyers vs Calgary Flames
Against: Philadelphia ( Chris Pronger)
Outcome: Flyers lose 1 point, Calgary gains one.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-YjlAENy3Y

A decision that caused a great deal of controversy on the 26th of November that robbed the Flyers of their OT game winning goal. Chris Pronger who appeared to obstruct the goaltender with his glove facing away from the goal 3 seconds before a wrist shot from Mike Richards entered the net. The referee a good 5 seconds after the goal had been scored finally blew for a penalty reffering to the "Avery" rule. The flyers went on to lose the game in the shootout, resulting in a point lost in the standings.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
I was tempted to do this at the start of the season, but thought it was just me getting annoyed at certain things. I will now make a thread, and update it every game for every Decision that goes against the flyers. I would like to see just how many we have by the end of the year. We have probably had around 5-6 already this year. I will do it for and against the flyers, to really see if they "even" out over the course of teh season.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:57 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Not necessary. We don't need a thread where everyone complains about the refs. It just makes us all look like whiners and crybabies, and last I checked that's what a lot of people here (and elsewhere to others) accuse everyone else of doing when it doesn't go their way. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Closed Thread