HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#24: Flames @ Flyers - Friday, Nov. 26, 2010 - 1:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-26-2010, 03:12 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
You tell 'em Marv.

Hahahahaha!

The more I think about it, the angrier I get -- if the penalty to Pronger was legit, why did they not blow the whistle earlier? The Flyers had control of the puck the entire time Pronger was standing in front of Kipper.

Oh wait... it's because they ****ed up.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:13 PM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Hahahahaha!

The more I think about it, the angrier I get -- if the penalty to Pronger was legit, why did they not blow the whistle earlier? The Flyers had control of the puck the entire time Pronger was standing in front of Kipper.

I thought the same thing. It took Richards to score for them to call a penalty... had he missed, there would not have been a call. Pathetic.

wahoowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:14 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:

That's definitely to most annoying part of this whole fiasco. It's not like there wasn't enough time between the two plays.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:15 PM
chaosof99*

I found it weird that the Game Day Music today wasn't this:

I guess Fight Fire with Fire works too

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:15 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Let's all look at the positives of this game though...

Giroux's move was ****ing sick.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
Post-game crew is cracking up over Pronger's "I'm the he" comment. That seems like a good tagline for a Pronger avatar.
Knowing the Colon, Pronger will probably get a 10-game suspension for that comment, and another 2 games for having a big welt on the back of his leg....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Besides the ******** call.

What the hell is wrong with the PP?

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:18 PM
PhillyFlying

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post

zherdev. jvr keeps the streak going. bob comes up big again.

other than that, i've got nothing. powerplay is ****ing dead. get it together boys.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post

His hands are just completely unbelievable -- so smooth and quick. That backhand-to-forehand-to-backhand move completely freezes the goalie and is pretty much unstoppable.

One more thing... I think Lavi should let JVR participate in the next shootout. He's scoring, getting his confidence back, and certainly has the one-on-one moves. Same goes for Zherdev. For our next shootout, my lineup would be Giroux-JVR-Zherdev, not necessarily in that order.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:22 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
His hands are just completely unbelievable -- so smooth and quick. That backhand-to-forehand-to-backhand move completely freezes the goalie and is pretty much unstoppable.

One more thing... I think Lavi should let JVR participate in the next shootout. He's scoring, getting his confidence back, and certainly has the one-on-one moves. Same goes for Zherdev. For our next shootout, my lineup would be Giroux-JVR-Zherdev, not necessarily in that order.
Agreed, but if I recall correctly, JVR is dick at shootouts. I'd still give him a chance though. Also I don't understand why Zherdev wasn't in the shootout, he was hot and has maybe the best/2nd (to Giroux) hands on the team.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:23 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Prongers post game interview was awesome.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Tarpan

Can someone post it? My feed cut off at teh end of the game.

Tarpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:26 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1204
Quote:
Hahahahaha!

I'm lettin' loose with the images. Go get 'em Pedro. Do your best work.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

MSE -- what was Bundy saying about the call. He's usually brutally honest.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:28 PM
ThePiousInfant

Every way I think about this ends with me getting fumed.

The "official" NHL rulebook makes no mention of the Avery rule.

The only published information about the rule is a direct quote from Colin Campbell where he clearly outlines that the player must be facing the goaltender.

Either the rule doesn't exist outside of guidance to the officials (which calls into question what ****ing good having an online rulebook is), or the refs are given WAAAY too much leeway to re-write rules on the ice, or the refs simply didn't know the rule (which is the most likely explanation, and is no less depressing than either of the others).

ThePiousInfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
MSE -- what was Bundy saying about the call. He's usually brutally honest.
Not unexpected. He said the Flyers caught an absolute break on the initial call and that it was not a penalty against Calgary. About the overturned goal, I think his words began with "Oh my God..." and he was dumbfounded and perplexed.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
I love watching Pronger talk to the media
I've got no problem with avoiding the refs stuff, but answer a freaking question. When you are asked "What did you think," ANSWER the question or do like the refs thing and avoid it. Is there a reason to get on the guy asking it?
Pronger: "What did you see?"
Reporter (should say): "20,000 paying customers and a few million Flyers fans who buy jerseys with your name, Richie and others on the back care what you think about this, not what I think. My job is to simply report to them what you said."

But the reporter with the measley five-figure salary can't say something like that to the guy with the eight-figure contract, because the eight-figure guy will tell his teammates not to talk to the five-figure guy -- which could cost the five-figure guy his job.
There weren't any unfair questions there (I'd feel different if there were). He could have answered one of them. And I like Pronger, but sometimes the schtick gets old. A November afternoon game ... answer a question.
I've seen friends walk away from prime gigs like a pro beat because of five-minute experiences like that with Pronger today. Tell the media, "Not today." It's things like that which get some journos to start looking for other angles to cover with the team, like what they do at night. I don't care what they do at night if they play to the best of their abilities. We go out at night, they should be allowed to go out. If a player had personal issues at home last year, thank you media for not getting into it.
You don't pick fights with Richie like the one guy did, and you keep the questions in-bounds. The session Pronger held turning questions back at the reporters does nothing but get those guys wondering what else they should cover instead of the play on the ice.
And this isn't a feel bad for the media thing. Put this into your work/school. Your boss says you didn't do something right. Your teacher marks a question wrong on a test even though 2+2 really equals 4. You ask what was wrong. They say, "What did you see?" What did you get out of that?
(I think I'm just ticked at the lame call, but, like I said, sometimes the act wears thin. As a fan, I really want to know Pronger's honest opinion.)

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
Besides the ******** call.

What the hell is wrong with the PP?
no one wants to shoot

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:32 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I'm lettin' loose with the images. Go get 'em Pedro. Do your best work.

LOL

Allow me....

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:32 PM
Tarpan

Pronger has had plenty of fines for speaking his opinion. I am sure he is just treading lightly and avoiding it so he doesn't say something that will end up in a fine.

Tarpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:44 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
I HATE EVERYBODY!
LOL! I'm reading through the GDT now and between the picture MSE gave CG and this, I am LMAO!

I ended up getting home in time of the shoot out. I don't think I'm going to watch the part where Pronger was penalized because I may throw something.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:55 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
personally Richards or Pronger should have gone JR on the refs post game. Hopefully Herbert goes back to the AHL where he belongs. hes a terrible referee.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Garbage Goal

Missed the game. Sounds like a good one.

I have the benefit of not seeing the play live, but **** happens. Doesn't excuse the bad call and I honestly think Don Vanmassenhoven is the worst ****ing ref in the league (I remember a certain horrible call he made in a Rags-Flyers games that had to do with Biron being pushed into the net with the puck), but this stuff happens to everyone. Although I haven't ever seen the "Avery rule" cited. Still got a point and still played well. About as much as I can ever ask for.

Still going through the highlights, but Zherdev's goal was sick.

Haven't gone through the shootout yet, but I'm sure Giroux makes some sick goal of his as well. I looked through the shooters and there's no excuse not to have Zherdev in it. He's our best or second best shootout guy and he had a goal in the game on top of it. I know Laviolette doesn't like him apparently, but come on. That's bad coaching in my opinion.

Also, I really ****ing hate Don Vanmassenhoven. Just another bad call (although I don't know how involved he was in it) that I can hate him for.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:01 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Missed the game. Sounds like a good one.

I have the benefit of not seeing the play live, but **** happens. Doesn't excuse the bad call and I honestly think Don Vanmassenhoven is the worst ****ing ref in the league (I remember a certain horrible call he made in a Rags-Flyers games that had to do with Biron being pushed into the net with the puck), but this stuff happens to everyone. Although I haven't ever seen the "Avery rule" cited. Still got a point and still played well. About as much as I can ever ask for.

Still going through the highlights, but Zherdev's goal was sick.

Haven't gone through the shootout yet, but I'm sure Giroux makes some sick goal of his as well. I looked through the shooters and there's no excuse not to have Zherdev in it. He's our best or second best shootout guy and he had a goal in the game on top of it. I know Laviolette doesn't like him apparently, but come on. That's bad coaching in my opinion.

Also, I really ****ing hate Don Vanmassenhoven. Just another bad call (although I don't know how involved he was in it) that I can hate him for.
MassiveHosen does suck as a ref, but I beleive it was Herbert who made the call. He is a bad ref. Saw plenty of him in the AHL.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 04:02 PM
DenverBoone

where can you find Pronger's presser?

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote