HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

What Hockey product is at the top of your Christmas wishlist?

Old
12-11-2010, 11:12 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
How much money are you willing to spend? I got those Farrell shoulder pads and absolutely love them. I recommend them to everybody every chance I get. They are pretty pricey but I've taken more abuse with them and felt less than with my old traditional shoulder pads and they breathe so incredibly well. It took me a couple games to get used to wearing them, they breath so well that I was actually cold with them on. They do get pricey so it might be out of your price range but I definitely think they're worth it. I know when I finally do have to buy another pair of shoulder pads, they'll be another set of Farrells.
I'll second this opinion. I never wore shoulder pads, tried some Eastons but I felt like Brian Urlacher playing football. I don;t even notice the Farrell's and have never had a puck or stick get through the padding. You cannot beat form fitting shoulder pads that protect you. I do caution anybody to try these on before you buy them. Unless you're Zdeno Chara they will run too big.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2010, 02:00 AM
greyraven8

vCash: 500
Not expecting any family members to support my hockey habit for Christmas (expect those indirectly doing it with a cash present).

Since my parents have gone south for most of the winter and gave me a cheque for Christmas before they left, I have recently bought a pair of used H34 Eagle Gloves and just bought a Nordiques toque tonight.

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
Late to the party on the shoulders, but I wore the 5030's for a couple years. Great and light weight, but not much protection to speak of. I tried a couple others including some Vapor XXV's but recently got the new Reebok 4k KFS shoulders. It's a perfect step up from the 5030's in terms of protection...still fairly low profile, but with thicker foams throughout and plastic inserts in the chest and spine (where you need it). Love the mobility too as it has a 2-piece floating design so that the shoulders move independent of the belly/core part. This prevents the pads from creeping up or shifting out of place as you move.

On another note, I snapped my beloved BattleAxe demo stick yesterday, so I'm back to my Harrows for a while. Seeing how much better my shot was with it, I may have to order a Base stick and see how that shoots (stupid Easton/Bauer/Warrior/etc don't offer Drury curves on intermediates...).

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote