HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So what to do when Cormier and Modin are healthy?

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2010, 09:54 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

vCash: 500
So what to do when Cormier and Modin are healthy?

OK, things are rolling right along now, but before Modin was hurt, he was heating up some. Cormier is supposed to be the answer to 3rd line Centers (like Jordan Staal?)

So what happens? who sits? The Greek Gods Line is now the jump line and other guys are gelling. What does Ramsay do?

I dare say all things remaining the same, Bergfors might be the odd man with Modin taking his spot, and Cormier might just steal some of Eager's time on Burmi's line.

My preference would be leave Cormier down until there's an injury and sit Eager with Modin going into his slot. But what will Ramsay and Dudley do?

Old
11-25-2010, 10:15 PM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Cormier was already sent to Chicago i believe. Modin should just be the extra forward for the time being, we are bound to have an injury at some point

Old
11-25-2010, 11:54 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Modin's made of glass. Guarantee when he comes back into the lineup, he won't last more than two weeks before he cops another injury.

Cormier stays in Chicago for the rest of the season unless there are two injuries to centers which opens up a spot for him. (one injury will result in Antropov switching back to center as a temporary fix)

Old
11-26-2010, 09:05 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

so nobuddy things Dudley will want to rush Cormier in out of man-love? I've heard Dudley likes to make trades to get his favorite guys, that's why I wondered with Modin, also a Duds fave, if he would see to it that they both get in the lineup.

Buff was also moved to D because of Dudley. Just wondering how much influence he would continue to have I guess. And boredom!

Old
11-26-2010, 09:40 AM
GetPucksDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
so nobuddy things Dudley will want to rush Cormier in out of man-love? I've heard Dudley likes to make trades to get his favorite guys, that's why I wondered with Modin, also a Duds fave, if he would see to it that they both get in the lineup.

Buff was also moved to D because of Dudley. Just wondering how much influence he would continue to have I guess. And boredom!
Buff was moved to D because Buff asked to be moved to D. He made the request - they talked about - it was granted, and it sounds like it was granted on the condition that it be successful.

Modin is fragile at this point. I've said elsewhere he's not going to get that in that many games between now and April. But he's valuable in the locker room, especially with all the younger Swedes on the team.

Cormier will have to earn a spot on the team - which means waiting for an injury opening, and then making himself more valuable than someone else who's already up. That will be tough to do. I guess he sees some time on the big club this year, but he may not stick and he may ride the Chi-Atl shuttle a few times in both directions.

Old
11-26-2010, 10:39 AM
KevFist
is best pony

The chemistry seems to be good right now, so I hope they don't mess with the team. Let's remember this about Cormier as well....This is a guy who hasn't played a game in almost a year. I'd really like him to finish out the year in Chicago and maybe be a late season callup after the Wolves season is over.

Old
11-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Georgia Dawg

Don't change anything. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old
11-26-2010, 11:08 AM
odgersfan83

Quote:
I dare say all things remaining the same, Bergfors might be the odd man with Modin taking his spot, and Cormier might just steal some of Eager's time on Burmi's line.

My preference would be leave Cormier down until there's an injury and sit Eager with Modin going into his slot. But what will Ramsay and Dudley do?

Old
11-26-2010, 11:19 AM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Who'd have thunk that Bergie would have been sitting at the start of the year? And he's really been ineffective as a goal scorer on the line with Pevs and Ladd. Coach Ramsay says he likes to work guys in pairs and obviously Ladd and Peverley are the "pair" with Bergfors as the plug-in.

Again, I was just bored and thinking on the keyboard. Not trying to justify anything. Just interested in what others thought.

Old
11-26-2010, 12:09 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Modin will have his name etched to a plate, and fastened to his seat in the press box.

Cormier will rotate in and out with the likes of Slater and Stewert.

Old
11-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Americans

Quote:
OK, things are rolling right along now, but before Modin was hurt, he was heating up some. Cormier is supposed to be the answer to 3rd line Centers (like Jordan Staal?)

So what happens? who sits? The Greek Gods Line is now the jump line and other guys are gelling. What does Ramsay do?

Bergfors is top-3 forward in points (14), with only 19 games played so far. A week ago, he had 12 points in 12 games. Why Modin over Bergie?

Old
11-26-2010, 11:35 PM
The Sneak

When is it legit to start poaching from struggling team's rosters? Looking at capgeek there are a couple teams up against the ceiling that are just not meeting expectations right now. Now in order to give these guys any relief we're going to have to go after some salary. The drawback is that we're going to have to pony up quality assets to get them.

The two biggest fish that I'd put on my wish list are New Jersey's Elias and Calgary's Iginla. Both fill that winger hole, provide post season experience, and are consummate professionals. They're also both under contract for 2 more seasons following this one.

Iginla is a long time captain so I wonder if bringing him in would upset the apple cart from a locker room perspective. He's also going to cost more. Would Machacek, Postma, and our 1st in 2011, 2nd in 2012 be enough to get him? Machacek is a 20 goal scorer in the "A" that can't seem to get a break with us, they get a nice D prospect, and a top rounder + for a 33 year old that is getting $7M for 2.75 more seasons.

Old
11-26-2010, 11:49 PM
netminder17

Play Cormier in Chicago, and swap Modin, and Boulton out with each other every now and then, depending on who is playing better. If someone gets hurt, bring up Cormier so he can get some NHL time.

Old
11-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Ashe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
When is it legit to start poaching from struggling team's rosters? Looking at capgeek there are a couple teams up against the ceiling that are just not meeting expectations right now. Now in order to give these guys any relief we're going to have to go after some salary. The drawback is that we're going to have to pony up quality assets to get them.

The two biggest fish that I'd put on my wish list are New Jersey's Elias and Calgary's Iginla. Both fill that winger hole, provide post season experience, and are consummate professionals. They're also both under contract for 2 more seasons following this one.

Iginla is a long time captain so I wonder if bringing him in would upset the apple cart from a locker room perspective. He's also going to cost more. Would Machacek, Postma, and our 1st in 2011, 2nd in 2012 be enough to get him? Machacek is a 20 goal scorer in the "A" that can't seem to get a break with us, they get a nice D prospect, and a top rounder + for a 33 year old that is getting $7M for 2.75 more seasons.
I think we could leave out Postma, Toss them Machacek, A first, a Second, and someone under the age of 25(One of our goaltending prospects?) And it would be a done deal.

I wouldn't want anything from NJ, just for the fact that Parise is a FA next year, and i hope to god he gets offer sheeted

Old
11-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Archer27
Well then..

Wasn't there a tweet by AJC about Duds saying the Cormier was going straight to Chicago after he was cleared to play. and talk of Bergfors being replaced by Modin sounds outrageous to me.

Old
11-27-2010, 01:46 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEThrasher View Post
Wasn't there a tweet by AJC about Duds saying the Cormier was going straight to Chicago after he was cleared to play. and talk of Bergfors being replaced by Modin sounds outrageous to me.
Cormier is in Chicago. Bergfors is certainly not going to be replaced by Modin. That's crazy talk.

Old
11-27-2010, 02:32 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

After watching Eager charge down the ice to negate the icing call with 3 minutes left in the game, I say, leave everything as it is.

As Billy Joel says, "Don't Go Changing to try and Please Me."

Closed Thread