HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Rags@Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2010, 10:52 PM
jglenn001

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Absolute disaster of a home stand. We came in at .500 (our best record in 10 years to that point by the way) with three huge games against teams in the conference. All big fan bases so big crowds were to be expected. I was really excited for it. And the team left to a standing ovation after each game - the other team's fans. This home stand effectively ended the season, and any hopes the team had for drawing any casual fans in this year.

Tonight's game was pathetic. Third period of the Boston game for sixty minutes. Nobody has any finishing ability and it's frustrating.

We're obviously going to have to go kidnap Hulton and take him away to Siberia because nothing is ever going to be done. He needs to be fired tonight. I'm losing faith in DeBoer too. I know the team doesn't have the horses, but it's getting worse than even I could have imagined.

I'm really glad this team is on the road for a while because I can't imagine going to another game in the near future.

Dont worry casual fans haven't been paying attention to this team in years. I was at the Boston game..glad I didnt pay for tickets for tonights game.

Old
11-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Only 3 points out of last place. You can do it. If we make any major changes let's at least tank the right way and be dead last not 10th last

Old
11-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Dont you think it sounds silly to defend a guy who had us 29th last year and 30th this year, going 3 weeks without a pp goal? heading towards 5%? 0-5 tonight. I dont care what system hes using....

HE HAS FAILED. miserably. AND WHEN YOU FAIL YOU LOSE YOUR JOB.
I don't think there's any other way to look at this..

I was at the game, and tried to get a "fire Hulton" chant going. Of course no one knew wtf i was talking about. It's just getting pathetic. The one smidgen of "improvement" i've seen over the past couple of games was that we're having less trouble setting up, or getting into the zone on the PP. Of course, the PP is still ridiculously anemic and i'm all for firing Hulton. I just wonder if Tallon is waiting to clean house -- move a bunch of players and 2/3 of the coaching staff.

Anyways, i'm working the lightning game tomorrow, so i'll get another chance to see the 8th wonder of the world that is the Panthers PP. I'll provide a write up after the game.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:07 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
I don't think there's any other way to look at this..

I was at the game, and tried to get a "fire Hulton" chant going. Of course no one knew wtf i was talking about. It's just getting pathetic. The one smidgen of "improvement" i've seen over the past couple of games was that we're having less trouble setting up, or getting into the zone on the PP. Of course, the PP is still ridiculously anemic and i'm all for firing Hulton. I just wonder if Tallon is waiting to clean house -- move a bunch of players and 2/3 of the coaching staff.

Anyways, i'm working the lightning game tomorrow, so i'll get another chance to see the 8th wonder of the world that is the Panthers PP. I'll provide a write up after the game.
I might have heard you. I tried to get one going too, but got similar reactions lol.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
first game i've been to this season, and first game i've ever walked out of, 10 mins left me and my friend just said fudge it, better leave now before we hit the traffic jam, but we both knew it was because of how disappointed we were...needless to say we all know Lundqvist is a heck of a goalie, an elite one on the league, but still, watching our PP live is just as dreadful and it's just not even fun to go see a game honestly, don't know why I even wasted my time and money to go all the way to Sunrise

only game i'd probably go again is Washington or something, just cuz I wanna see Ovie

all I ask, is please just tank already, let's beat the Isles

Old
11-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Radek4Scoring
Holy Mackenoe!

Send a message via AIM to Radek4Scoring Send a message via Yahoo to Radek4Scoring
Trade Stillman or someone like that???? idk.. Someone Needs to go.and no more ****in AHL Players...

Old
11-27-2010, 06:52 AM
SufferingCatFan

This is not a very talented team on offensive mostly consisting of 3rd and 4th liners, who play hard but have trouble finishing. What you see is what you will get until the TDL, when McCabe, Stillman, etc. will be traded for picks.

I agree with the rebuild. I just fear that the Panthers lack the funds to add the other pieces. We will have over $35 million in cap space at the end of the season so we will see...

Old
11-27-2010, 08:59 AM
FinallyWeissIsGone
Formerly Akgoalie7

Send a message via AIM to FinallyWeissIsGone
Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
11-27-2010, 09:14 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

I'm not going to comment on this one. Instead, I'll just quote angry_tadpole.

"Daddy, that was the worst hockey game ever... We cheered the Panthers as hard as we could again but nothing good ever happens... I like hockey but I don't want to come here again if the Panthers are playing. They're bad."

Thanks Panthers.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akgoalie7-sisu View Post
Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO. Fire DEBO.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We outshot them 40-19 tonight. It's pretty clear that the coaching was in place to give our guys the opportunities to outplay them, but the players are not there to finish their chances. I'm not sure if you A) Watched the game or B) Watched the same game I did, but your analysis is pretty freaking weak.

Thanks, goodbye.

Old
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Gudbranson44

its just the same problem as the last game.. we dont have good enough talent on the team to compete with the top teams in the league.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:13 AM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I'm not going to comment on this one. Instead, I'll just quote angry_tadpole.

"Daddy, that was the worst hockey game ever... We cheered the Panthers as hard as we could again but nothing good ever happens... I like hockey but I don't want to come here again if the Panthers are playing. They're bad."

Thanks Panthers.
Wow. Kids do speak truth. LMAO @ angry_tadpole.

Old
11-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
its just the same problem as the last game.. we dont have good enough talent on the team to compete with the top teams in the league.
Exactly. I don't think we play badly at all. We just suck.

Whoever it was who said it (I think it was zero), hit the nail on the head. Tallon has built the perfect team for this season. We are an exciting team who will compete, but come up just short, yet still keep people interested.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:04 PM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Exactly. I don't think we play badly at all. We just suck.

Whoever it was who said it (I think it was zero), hit the nail on the head. Tallon has built the perfect team for this season. We are an exciting team who will compete, but come up just short, yet still keep people interested.
Hopefully Tallon cleans house if that happens though. He'll have free reign to get rid of whatever player or coach he wants to if we get another lottery pick. And aside from a few vets, the youth we have, and Gord Murphy on the coaching staff, I can't say I want many of these same people back next year. He got rid of Campbell and Kreps last year which was a start, but that needs to continue if this organization is going to turn the corner.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:09 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
can someone speak to what the issue with the PP is? don't mean to pick on you but the reality (yes) is that hulton knows a heck of a lot more than any of you about special teams and hockey in general. add on the fact that, like many other teams, we're doing the same thing the top teams are doing on special teams (just not getting the results) and these types of comments are kinda funny.

thinking out loud...

if you're in the present, however, and rooting for the playoffs, you're probably thinking that, at this point, a quarter of the way through the season, it ain't happenin' and it's cost the team probably close to 10 points.

what gives? well, perhaps that's what tallon would like? the team is competing every night after all. just not getting points.

i'll stick my neck out and say that i think we're too fancy with the 1-3-1 we've been running (tbh, i didn't watch all PP attempts tonight on replay or on several recent games but i know that's what hulton was practicing during the preseason and is what we were running during the first dozen or so games...) and i think we need to simplify. breakouts and entrances have been ok. we're getting shots and chances, just not getting any finish. and that ain't gonna change. we need to simplify, get shots with bodies in front and get some garbage on the PP.

so, paradoxically, i'm going to say i'll back a change, i.e. removing hulton, even though he knows what he's talking about and he's been trying to coach/coax this team's top players into a successful execution of the most commonly used systems.

i do think, though, that it's not going to be tallon's call, nor should it be. thought it's painful to watch, if i'm tallon, i might sit and let this special teams debacle play out, allowing the team to suffer points wise this year, knowing that i can change staff next year and that, with the addition of another top-end draft pick, the PP might be get better on its own.
I'm not a coach, I only played through college as organized hockey, so I can't claim to be the expert. However, I'm not blind and I don't think I'm totally stupid about the game. So here's my 2 cents.

First of all, I think PDB and Hulton are playing too simple and predictable on PP. Maybe because they buy into the "we have no talent" claim? Who knows. In fact, I think we do have enough talent to bury an acceptable 12-15% of PP's in the net. The coaches have taken away all finesse. Specifically: 1) no passes to middle, 2) only limited passing on one side periphery, 3) no quick one-timers from cross-ice passes.

Secondly, we have no presence in front of the net. We get no deflections and we get no rebounds. That's just poor positional hockey combined with lack of guts and strength, which comes from wimpy play 5-on-5 and no retaliation from hits on our goalies or hits on our minor league star players.

Third, some higher skill players like Weiss and Matthews sense this and try to carry the puck with some speed and finesse, often succeeding until they get into the zone, at which point everything reverts back to the same old same old.

Fourth, we are very easy to defend against. We have zero player movement and little puck movement. An active D will not only get the puck from us but can think SH goal opportunity.

Fifth, don't play a guy like Weiss at the point. He needs to be on the wing, obviously, creating and passing across. Weiss has no passing angle from the point and his slapper sucks. Wideman or Kulikov should be at the point.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:35 PM
RainingRats

I thought our PP has looked good the last two games but like our 5 on 5 play we can't finish. We're doing everything right except for scoring. Unfortunately, scoring is pretty important.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:37 PM
RainingRats

If we don't sign Brad Richards or somehow( I have no idea how) make a trade for a #1 center I don't see how we'll make the playoffs next year. I also think we're in danger of stunting player development(Frolik, Kulikov, etc...) with a losing team. Confidence and a winning culture is really important and we're in danger of creating the next generation of Hortons, Weisses, and Bouws.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I thought our PP has looked good the last two games but like our 5 on 5 play we can't finish. We're doing everything right except for scoring. Unfortunately, scoring is pretty important.
Yeah, this. I think what Lindsay said last night was pretty funny. Something like, if the Panthers were on a boat, and kicked a ball off the side, they still wouldn't hit water.

They can have all the meetings they want, you can't talk someone into becoming a better scorer.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
If we don't sign Brad Richards or somehow( I have no idea how) make a trade for a #1 center I don't see how we'll make the playoffs next year. I also think we're in danger of stunting player development(Frolik, Kulikov, etc...) with a losing team. Confidence and a winning culture is really important and we're in danger of creating the next generation of Hortons, Weisses, and Bouws.
RR, no offense man, you've been around awhile. Get the god damn thoughts of Richards out of your head. This team has never and will never sign a player like Richards. You're only setting yourself up for failure even considering that option.

Every year people get this stupid pipe dream player and set everyone else up as if there is a damn chance. I'm more likely to be elected president than the Panthers are to sign Richards, so forget about it.

Let me state once more -- our biggest free agent signing ever is Cory Freaking Stillman.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:41 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Yeah, this. I think what Lindsay said last night was pretty funny. Something like, if the Panthers were on a boat, and kicked a ball off the side, they still wouldn't hit water.

They can have all the meetings they want, you can't talk someone into becoming a better scorer.
If we could score we'd be comfortably sitting in the top 8. Agree?

Old
11-27-2010, 12:44 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
RR, no offense man, you've been around awhile. Get the god damn thoughts of Richards out of your head. This team has never and will never sign a player like Richards. You're only setting yourself up for failure even considering that option.

Every year people get this stupid pipe dream player and set everyone else up as if there is a damn chance. I'm more likely to be elected president than the Panthers are to sign Richards, so forget about it.

Let me state once more -- our biggest free agent signing ever is Cory Freaking Stillman.
I completely understand and I'm usually the one who says what you're saying but I think we might go after a big name UFA this summer because we have so much money coming off the books, Tallon as GM, and a new ownership group/mentality.

We did have Pavel Bure (Trade not UFA signing) one of the best goal scorers of all time. I would never bet that we would sign Richards or even Semin but we have a lot of factors that might make this off-season different.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:54 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:

I agree with this and the only reason why we havent got the big ticket free agents is because we never had an owner who was rich or cared enough to sign them. Aronson is rich enough to afford the big three but up till now it doesnt look like it was a good signing for the same reason the panthers arent working out. This team has no coaching strategy and i think if they were a better coached and learned better systems this could make up for a lack of talent. For example, i dont know if anyone noticed the play last night where lundqvist let out a rebound that squirted out in between the faceoff circles in the slot. No one was there so santorelli had to turn around and fire. There SHOULD ALWAYS be a man in the high slot!!!! In many games the opposing defense will never let an offensive player stand there because if the puck gets to your stick in that area you will score. Last night and many nights the rangers had no one covering the high slot area and there were a ton of rebounds sitting right out there for the taking. Case in point we need better coaching and better strategy.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:57 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
I agree with this and the only reason why we havent got the big ticket free agents is because we never had an owner who was rich or cared enough to sign them. Aronson is rich enough to afford the big three but up till now it doesnt look like it was a good signing for the same reason the panthers arent working out. This team has no coaching strategy and i think if they were a better coached and learned better systems this could make up for a lack of talent. For example, i dont know if anyone noticed the play last night where lundqvist let out a rebound that squirted out in between the faceoff circles in the slot. No one was there so santorelli had to turn around and fire. There SHOULD ALWAYS be a man in the high slot!!!! In many games the opposing defense will never let an offensive player stand there because if the puck gets to your stick in that area you will score. Last night and many nights the rangers had no one covering the high slot area and there were a ton of rebounds sitting right out there for the taking. Case in point we need better coaching and better strategy.
The coaching has been excellent this season. The PP coaching which Hulton and Pete have handled is the only issue. I'd definitely keep Pete and Gord.

Old
11-27-2010, 12:58 PM
sinDer

Quote:
I think we might go after a big name UFA this summer because we have so much money coming off the books, Tallon as GM, and a new ownership group/mentality.
Money is not the problem, being one of the worst pro-sports organization is.

Richards would laugh at Tallon without even looking at the numbers.

Old
11-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Money is not the problem, being one of the worst pro-sports organization is.

Richards would laugh at Tallon without even looking at the numbers.
Exactly. If we actually wanted to throw money at a player to come here, we'd have to give a $7 million player $10 and that's just not smart.

Closed Thread