HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

New practice lines

Old
11-26-2010, 10:51 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
I don't know cns.

Brown and Smyth are both proven 20+ goal scorers so I see us as having 4 scoring forwards out of the 6 that we really need. I think that allot of us are looking at a mix of youth and having one of Parse and or one of the kids pan out for our second line.

The rest of the reason for the optimistic vibe is that we have arguably the best and deepest D in the game (when healthy and once our ridiculous replacement coach figures out which hole belongs on his body and which hole is for shinning his shoes) and we have two very talented and capable young goalies.

Add in the fact that we have a third line that is among the very best in the game and there you go.

I don't see us as being actual cup contenders just yet but we are pretty close imo if we are 100% healthy and of course find a way to build a way back machine and go back a little over a year ago and fire TM then hire Tipps then we could be.

Other than that I think that we are a year and a speed sniper who can back off our opponents D and make them scramble a little bit away from having a team that can compete for the prize for a good few years.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:08 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I don't know cns.

Brown and Smyth are both proven 20+ goal scorers so I see us as having 4 scoring forwards out of the 6 that we really need. I think that allot of us are looking at a mix of youth and having one of Parse and or one of the kids pan out for our second line.

The rest of the reason for the optimistic vibe is that we have arguably the best and deepest D in the game (when healthy and once our ridiculous replacement coach figures out which hole belongs on his body and which hole is for shinning his shoes) and we have two very talented and capable young goalies.

Add in the fact that we have a third line that is among the very best in the game and there you go.

I don't see us as being actual cup contenders just yet but we are pretty close imo if we are 100% healthy and of course find a way to build a way back machine and go back a little over a year ago and fire TM then hire Tipps then we could be.

Other than that I think that we are a year and a speed sniper who can back off our opponents D and make them scramble a little bit away from having a team that can compete for the prize for a good few years.
Brown and Smyth play a similar game and that is to go to the net and bury goals there. They're more of a power forward type of role than actual pure goal scorers. I definitely agree we need a speedy sniper to really make this team. Yes, our D is absolutely amazing. But we need goals too to win games. And yeah our 3rd line may be the best in the NHL but we need a good 1st line to be at all competitive and we simply will not have a good 1st line until we can find a competent LWer to play with Kopi and Brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Havlat
oh my lawd no.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:09 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Patrick Sharp would've been a great pick up in the off-season

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2010, 11:13 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Yep. I seriously highly doubt that we will ever lure in a superstar under DL though.

Old
11-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFan1967 View Post
have experince , would you really want an all rookie 4th line of

King-Lewis-Westgarth ????????

it's Handzus that has the really tough line

Clifford-Handzus-Lewis as the shutdown line going to be tested hard vs Chi.
Noooooooo...........

i want my Clifford - Schenn - Lewis back.
This was a hell of a 4th line.
I have have a big problem with Schenn is being told he needs to round his game or some conditioning while Dwight Kings is gets a NHL job for free.

Stoll - Kopitar - Brown
Smyth - Loktionov - Williams
Richardson - Handzus - Simmonds
Clifford - Schenn - Lewis.............................. i would really try this lineup.
It can't be worse than these King or Westgarth experiments.

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Yep. I seriously highly doubt that we will ever lure in a superstar under DL though.
I fully expect us not to sign Semin this summer, with DL saying he "questions his character", then watch Semin go to a team and score 40 goals, a la Heatley. Awesome.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:03 AM
no name

I don't get it. It's better than King but Simmonds has not earned anything this year. He's been terrible. He litteraly turns the puck over every time unless he has the opportunity to dump. I thought the Kings were all about accountability and earning your roles?

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:42 AM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I thought the Kings were all about accountability and earning your roles?
explain Dwight King then...

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 02:13 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
So what your saying is the Kings still have a shot at Sharp?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 03:49 AM
wicker

Quote:
The Hawks thought that he was a key piece and didn't trade him/make him available for a trade, and with the way that he has been scoring, they obviously did the right thing. But, yeah, Sharp was one of the guys I was hoping would be on the market during the summer.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 07:34 AM
timmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
I'm glad something new is being tried, but I think it's time for
Smyth-Kopitar-Williams again.
You're saying you would like to split up the only line that has been great so far? I don't think that's the right way to do it!

Smyth - Stoll - Williams is going to stay that way untill they stop playing great

timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 08:49 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
No way Chicago was going to trade Sharp to the Kings and make them a better team.

Take a look at what Chicago did over the summer. All of the major trades were with Eastern Conference teams.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:12 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
I fully expect us not to sign Semin this summer, with DL saying he "questions his character", then watch Semin go to a team and score 40 goals, a la Heatley. Awesome.
If he goes to UFA, I have no doubt in my mind every "expert hockey analyst" on tv will talk about how the Kings and Semin are a great fit and how they fully expect them to sign with us...and then when his signing is announced, it's with another team. The fact is is that DL is too stuck in his ways and those ways wont land us a star unless he's homegrown,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
So what your saying is the Kings still have a shot at Sharp?
lol. Doubt it. He'll stay in Chi town.

Old
11-27-2010, 02:28 PM
RightKinger

Simmonds has looked better in the past few games and he hasn't looked out of place on the PP so I'm ok with this move. Anything is better than King.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 02:47 PM
scramble91

Simmonds is an upgrade over king, but that's not saying much. Simmonds is not a first line player, he has no playmaking ability which translates into more failure for the first line. Since DB is useless in handling the puck, Kopi needs another skill player who has some semblance of playmaking ability so they could actually generate good scoring chances.

scramble91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Simmonds is an upgrade over king, but that's not saying much. Simmonds is not a first line player, he has no playmaking ability which translates into more failure for the first line. Since DB is useless in handling the puck, Kopi needs another skill player who has some semblance of playmaking ability so they could actually generate good scoring chances.
Oscar Moller?
Andrei Loktionov?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 08:52 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
I don't get it. It's better than King but Simmonds has not earned anything this year. He's been terrible. He litteraly turns the puck over every time unless he has the opportunity to dump. I thought the Kings were all about accountability and earning your roles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
... What a double crock of **** right here. Exaggeration and hyperbole for the loss.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:08 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... What a double crock of **** right here. Exaggeration and hyperbole for the loss.
He's been very bad on the puck this year. You can't deny that. His passes have gone to just as many defenders than Kings. He's a favorite of all of ours but aside from the last two games you can't debate otherwise.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
... you can't debate otherwise.
You're just egging him on to bring out the Pie Charts aren't you ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:22 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
He's been very bad on the puck this year. You can't deny that. His passes have gone to just as many defenders than Kings. He's a favorite of all of ours but aside from the last two games you can't debate otherwise.
... Can't debate otherwise??? NOBODY turns over the puck more often than Williams and Brown, and they're on the top two lines. Beyond that, Simmonds has more takeaways than giveaways.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote