HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Okposo returns...

Old
12-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Folks, I really, really think we're off the mark if any of us truly believes that there are currently players on our BPort team who are better or more suited to be playing with the Isles than Comeau.

Frustratingly inconsistent or not, alone his skating and puck control currently make him one of our 4 or 5 best forwards.

Hands down...

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:08 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Thought he was supposed to return in December? Where is the rehab, where is the news about his recovery? Guess he isn't coming back this month. I guess its on the hush hush.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Thought he was supposed to return in December? Where is the rehab, where is the news about his recovery? Guess he isn't coming back this month. I guess its on the hush hush.
When he was injured they said 2-3 months, I believe right about today would've been 2 months so give it some time. He'll be back soon enough no need for any possible reinjury.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 02:08 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Folks, I really, really think we're off the mark if any of us truly believes that there are currently players on our BPort team who are better or more suited to be playing with the Isles than Comeau.

Frustratingly inconsistent or not, alone his skating and puck control currently make him one of our 4 or 5 best forwards.

Hands down...
TYVM....he's having a rough patch. He thrived under Nolan....so this is one guy I want IF WE GET AN NHL COACH.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Strummergas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
TYVM....he's having a rough patch. He thrived under Nolan....so this is one guy I want IF WE GET AN NHL COACH.
He played very well before the injury last year too. I think he's just terribly inconsistent and unfortunately, not too bright.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...time-1.2516876
Quote:
Injured Islanders forward Kyle Okposo, who suffered a preseason shoulder injury in September, skated with full gear on for the first time today.

Considering Okposo was slated to begin skating at some point in December, today's development is an encouraging sign that he is progressing according to schedule.

"It's a big [milestone]," Okposo told Newsday. "It's been a long road. It feels great to just get on the ice and handle the puck a little bit. It's fun."

The 22-year-old forward can't predict exactly when he'll return, but he hopes that day will come soon.

"It's obviously a big step to put full gear on so hopefully it's not too far away," he said. "Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

Okposo began skating on his own a week-and-a half ago, and has been keeping up with his regular rehab regimen--he seen doing pushups in the hallway after skating this morning--to strengthen his shoulder.

"It's getting better. it's getting there, so we'll see how it progresses from here."

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
Thank god.

I'm not sure I can watch another game with PAP on the top line.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

who says Okposo goes on Tavares line?

PAP is "this years Matt Moulson" afterall. Gotta give him top minutes. Chucks orders.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
who says Okposo goes on Tavares line?

PAP is "this years Matt Moulson" afterall. Gotta give him top minutes. Chucks orders.
Yeah, this is my nightmare.

And I could see it happening, Comeau played great with Tavares for the last 20 or so games last year but he hasn't even gotten a chance with JT this year. I shouldn't assume KO will be thrown back on the line.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2010, 04:52 PM
BillD

Quote:
Welcome news in a year of crap. I just hope he takes his time, even 1 extra week longer to be safe.

BillD is offline   Reply With Quote