HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Report: Blackhawks trying for No. 1 pick

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2004, 11:04 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Report: Blackhawks trying for No. 1 pick

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...85&hubName=nhl

Old
06-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Ocelot

I don't see it happening. What does Chicago have that would be worth the #1 pick? Not much.

Old
06-18-2004, 01:30 PM
nyr5186

Interesting. It would really make alot of sense if Chicago picked up the #1 pick (or even the #2), knowing their love for Russians. A flashy kid like Ovechkin could do wonders to bring back the Blackhawk fanbase. Unfortunately, you wont be able to see him unless you actually come to the United Center. Effing Wirtz! Undoubtebly the worst owner in the history of sports. And this coming from a guy who's favorite team's owner is Jim Dolan.

Anyway...if Chicago trades with Washington, what do you guys think the Caps will do with the #3 pick? Barker? Or go for a forward like Olesz or Ladd or Tukonen?

Old
06-18-2004, 01:35 PM
rnyquist

my gut feeling is the caps go Barker hands down, Colombus will take Ladd and then the rangers are picking either Olesz or Tukonen, perhaps between both. In the end I could deal with this draft

Old
06-18-2004, 02:00 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
my gut feeling is the caps go Barker hands down, Colombus will take Ladd and then the rangers are picking either Olesz or Tukonen, perhaps between both. In the end I could deal with this draft
Ladd is the guy I want more than anyone. If any of the insiders (Edge, Park, etc.) know, what are the realistic chances Ladd drops down to #6? Is it an almost foregone conclusion that Columbus takes him? Would they take him over Barker at #4 if he's still there? I understand nobody knows for sure whats gonna happen -- just trying to get a feel of all the possible scenarios and what the teams ahead of us are likely to do.

Old
06-18-2004, 02:35 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2J129
I don't see it happening. What does Chicago have that would be worth the #1 pick? Not much.
if they're stupid they can offer their third and Ruutu that would be more then sufficient thats worse then the 6th and tjutin (better on both accounts)

Old
06-18-2004, 03:29 PM
rw88

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
if they're stupid they can offer their third and Ruutu that would be more then sufficient thats worse then the 6th and tjutin (better on both accounts)
The rumor is their 1st this year, next years 1st and a player (not sure who). I'd bet most teams are going to at leat inquire about the #1 pick.

Old
06-18-2004, 04:14 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Wha? Chicago has plenty of prospects to offer for the Big O. Besides Ruutu, there's Igor Radulov (any relation?), Pavel Vorobiev, Mikhael Yakoubov, Brent Seabrook, Anton Babchuck, Michal Baranka, and some other lesser prospects. If they managed to trade Radulov or Vorobiev (both RWs i think) for Big O, then they could make a pretty formidable all russian line (if the others pan out). Then Chicago also have young players like Arnason, Bell, Calder, Daze, Brent McLean, and Vandemeer to offer. Washington would have plenty to choose from to make the deal happen.

Old
06-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Ladd slipping to 6 really depends on who goes third. If Chicago takes Barker, Ladd will go 4th. If someone else goes third, Ladd could be there at 6.

Closed Thread