HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone you need from Pittsburgh

Old
11-27-2010, 07:12 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

vCash: 500
Filatov for anybody with size and skill.

Note to CBJ Scouts: No more undersized wunderkinds.
(FTR: I was one of the few here who thought we should have traded him last year)

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 07:45 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
It'd have to be Voracek and Filatov. Letang is playing at #1 d-man level.
Jake, no way.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 08:22 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Problem with Filatov is he isnt going to let us 'give him time'. Right now he's still not looking ready for the NHL, and he wont let us give him time by letting him play in the AHL. I agree that Filatov "MAY" be great, but he's not right now and needs top minutes in the A to continue to build some confidence, but we know that story
Filatov showed his qualities he is ready for NHL, his problem is confidence because he cannot score. But I am sure if he score in NHL all will be O.K.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Hipster Letestu

Letang would be the only Penguin I would want.

To Pit:
Filatov
Tyutin
Goloubef

TO Cbj:
Letang
4th round pick

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:16 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post

To Pit:
Filatov
Tyutin
Goloubef

TO Cbj:
Letang
4th round pick
I do not understand your logic. Filatov has bad time and you want to trade him for it.

Btw, this is too bad trade for us. Fortunately Howson has not similar mind.

For remind:
Stamkos 08/09 36 4 10 14 -10 (to 30.12.2008) his ice-time is here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...82009&view=log

He especially played with St. Louis.

Last edited by mt-svk: 11-27-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old
11-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:

To Pit:
Filatov
Tyutin
Goloubef

TO Cbj:
Letang
4th round pick
this is probably close to what I'd like to see...we need that type of defender badly and with juice and ethan coming back soon, we need to do something with the lines....

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Jules Winnfield
Kessel is phat

The problem with Filatov is that he could either become a great sniper or he could be the next Pavel Brindl. Right now he hasn't done much in the NHL to show he's worth some team to trade a major piece for him.

His trade value is pretty low at this time to the point where he's not worth dealing "just incase" he does break out. Best bet is the BJs keep Filatov and he gets his game in gear.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:08 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
If I recall, alot of the members here didn't want to trade Filatov if it meant Goligoski was a main piece coming back. Then again, we aren't the GM's so who knows. He doesn't seem to be that bad but I don't think he can be "The Guy" that gives us the offensive defensemen we've been looking for. Looks like he would fall into a slightly better Stralman and be the same as Russell.

Eric Tangradi is ranked number 1 in your prospects ranking list on here. Is he actually good? Filatov for Tangradi? The fans on here wouldn't like it though because they prefer a established player and don't want to go back to the rebuild mode. Plus I would guess Filatov has more potential but I know nothing about Tangradi.
No thanks on Tangradi. He is Alex Picard II, he has hands but can't play at NHL speed. Goligoski doesn't provide a solution the Jackets need.

My take is a deal involving Filatov must return a defenseman with as much upside and talent as Nikita. That would be a Bogosian, Schenn. Pietrangelo type
Adding quantity to a Goligoski doesn't get it done.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I do not understand your logic. Filatov has bad time and you want to trade him for it.

Btw, this is too bad trade for us. Fortunately Howson has not similar mind.

For remind:
Stamkos 08/09 36 4 10 14 -10 (to 30.12.2008) his ice-time is here: http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...82009&view=log

He especially played with St. Louis.

I understand what you are saying, but Filatov is nowhere near as good as Stamkos.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:24 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I understand what you are saying, but Filatov is nowhere near as good as Stamkos.
We do not know how Nikita will play in the future. By the way IMI you very underrated Filly. Of course I will not rate him but I think he could belong to TOP forward of the league IMO he could be next Fedorov.
But... if Stamkos, who is an excelent player now, had problems in his first season (and Nikita plays practically his first season), why do you suprise when Nikita has problems? He is still young player only 20 it is his first all season in NHL.

Letang is 23 years old, he has more experiences than Nikita. Plus he plays in Pens. And there is a question, would he play so good here too as in this season?

Old
11-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Jake, no way.
Thanks for cutting out the rest of the post and making it look like I was making a proposal.

I wasn't making a proposal, and it wasn't a joke. Letang isn't getting traded.

EDIT: Misread "Jake" as "Joke." But still.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:15 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Thanks for cutting out the rest of the post and making it look like I was making a proposal.

I wasn't making a proposal, and it wasn't a joke. Letang isn't getting traded.

EDIT: Misread "Jake" as "Joke." But still.
Neither is Nik. He's ours. We got him. Pens don't and won't.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Neither is Nik. He's ours. We got him. Pens don't and won't.
Fine with me.

3074326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
We do not know how Nikita will play in the future. By the way IMI you very underrated Filly. Of course I will not rate him but I think he could belong to TOP forward of the league IMO he could be next Fedorov.
But... if Stamkos, who is an excelent player now, had problems in his first season (and Nikita plays practically his first season), why do you suprise when Nikita has problems? He is still young player only 20 it is his first all season in NHL.

Letang is 23 years old, he has more experiences than Nikita. Plus he plays in Pens. And there is a question, would he play so good here too as in this season?
You make a very solid point mt. Nikita just needs to want the puck more and skate it up the ice more. Thats just my opinion.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Nikita needs to stop being sat for stupid reasons. He needs the confidence that he can make risky plays, use his skill, and shoot the puck without being afraid of being sat for an entire 1/2 of the game. If we keep sitting him for entire periods after he perceives that he's done nothing wrong, then his game will just regress until he's useless.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 01:14 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

When I compare his first games (with Modin and Murray) and now IMO he is not so agresive in the offensive zone but he is better in defensive and he tries to playmake a game. I would try to put him on center and Vermy to wing.

Old
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
When I compare his first games (with Modin and Murray) and now IMO he is not so agresive in the offensive zone but he is better in defensive and he tries to playmake a game. I would try to put him on center and Vermy to wing.
So take the player with the 15th most faceoff wins in the entire NHL, the best faceoff player on our team, and move him to wing? I don't see how this helps us at all.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2010, 11:34 PM
BrookswasHere44

Holy over valued much?!?!
Keep him, thanks

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 07:10 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Nikita needs to stop being sat for stupid reasons. He needs the confidence that he can make risky plays, use his skill, and shoot the puck without being afraid of being sat for an entire 1/2 of the game. If we keep sitting him for entire periods after he perceives that he's done nothing wrong, then his game will just regress until he's useless.
You perceive he's being sat for "stupid reasons" and that he thinks he's done nothing wrong. His recent quotes don't seem to indicate that, at all. A 20-year-old Russian "diva" is showing much more patience and maturity than many of us, here. Give him some time - he's working at it and the coaches seem pleased, though not satisfied, with his efforts. He has to keep working at it. We're off to a good start and can afford, for a change, to be patient with a potential talent.

Last edited by pete goegan: 11-28-2010 at 08:31 AM.
pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 08:58 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
So take the player with the 15th most faceoff wins in the entire NHL, the best faceoff player on our team, and move him to wing? I don't see how this helps us at all.
Filatov knows FO too but I think his play is better for center than for wing.

Besides if it would not be good he can return to wing.

Old
11-28-2010, 08:59 AM
BluejacketNut

I dont think Filatov has been benched for 'stupid reasons'. Arniel isnt the Hitch type where Filatov had 2 strikes against him before he even step foot on the ice. Filatov is not effective right now, I think it has more to do with the fact that he isnt ready for the NHL grind yet. He should be down in the A getting top minutes and gaining confidence, but he wont allow that, so in turn, he's going to end up sitting because of

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:01 AM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
I don't want players that are that are like that. Be a man. If you do something wrong, and get benched, you don't play worse. You go out there and bust your butt to prove to your coach he made a mistake and you deserve to play more.

I am not saying that is Filatov. This is just in response to the points in your post.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
You perceive he's being sat for "stupid reasons" and that he thinks he's done nothing wrong. His recent quotes don't seem to indicate that, at all. A 20-year-old Russian "diva" is showing much more patience and maturity than many of us, here. Give him some time - he's working at it and the coaches seem pleased, though not satisfied, with his efforts. He has to keep working at it. We're off to a good start and can afford, for a change, to be patient with a potential talent.
And this is a good post too....

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

1: I understand why Columbus would want to use Filatov to trade up in case they were to trade him. Pittsburgh most likely could only get him if it was a situation where Columbus wanted to go in a different direction/gave up on Filatov... ie. pick + prospect... something like that.
That doesn't sound like a trade deadline thing, so... more like an off-season deal if Filatov doesn't start scoring.

2: No matter if you can reasonably cite 'give to get', it really doesn't make sense to suggest that someone playing borderline Norris trophy defense as a 23 year old should be coming back. Hard to tell what is in store for Filatov - easy to tell that Letang is already a very good defenseman with it being likely that he becomes great.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2010, 12:46 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Agree and it cost for every young player.