HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

World cup in junior hockey teams

Old
12-30-2011, 06:21 PM
canuck2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
USHL teams could easily compete with CHL and MHL teams. It would be all the other teams (Czech, Swedish, Finnish, German, etc) that would be at a disadvantage.
Maybe you're right but I would be very surprised to see that.

canuck2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 03:35 AM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
I really like the idea of this tourney. I hope it can become popular in Canada.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2011, 10:08 AM
EbencoyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck2010 View Post
Maybe you're right but I would be very surprised to see that.
Why? USHL teams have beaten CHL teams on many occasions. The USHL typically has younger players, but they would still without a doubt be competitive.

EbencoyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 10:24 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
good news per Antonov a CHL team will come to the next World Cup

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-ite...medium=twitter

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 11:13 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=123147

2nd edition should be:

12 teams
participated last year also: Russia, Belarus, Latvia, Slovakia (all MHL teams), Sweden, Czech rep, Canada, USA
new countries: Norway, Denmark, Finland
one vacant spot

Sweden and Canada promised to send better team than last season. CHL (Q) team should represent Canada.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2012, 01:02 PM
cska78

Vacan spot can be had by Germ/Swiss and if they don't think they can field a good junior team they can bring a NT. If nothing else works Ukrainian u21? or HC Baltika representing Lithuania?

Old
02-11-2012, 01:13 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
Vacan spot can be had by Germ/Swiss and if they don't think they can field a good junior team they can bring a NT. If nothing else works Ukrainian u21? or HC Baltika representing Lithuania?
or Snezni Barsy Astana, Kazakhstan?

EDIT:
Quote:
и последнее 12 место остается вакантным. В самое ближайшее время оно будет занято одной из европейских стран.
link
so you was right

Last edited by vorky: 02-11-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old
03-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Starting with this year World Cup will have the status of an IIHF event. Sudbury Wolves will represent OHL (and CHL in general).
Link (in Russian)

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 02:15 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
This is surprising but cool. Wonder how they selected the Sudbury Wolves to be the team btw.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
Why? USHL teams have beaten CHL teams on many occasions. The USHL typically has younger players, but they would still without a doubt be competitive.
They have? I know they beat a few of the bottom of the barrel Q teams one season, but have they ever played teams from the OHL and WHL?

Garyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:09 AM
WayneBruce

The swedish Superelit is very good. Leksand, one of the bottom teams last year beat St. Petersburg badly a year ago. The whole game is here:

http://bambuser.com/v/974040

Superelit teams could absolutely compete with the CHL-teams and are definitely on par with the MHL teams or even better.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Hopefully the CHL could send the Memorial Cup winner to the World Cup of junior club teams one day...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:55 PM
joe89

SuperElit is stacked these days with great talent, so they should be able to send a good team no matter what as long as the actual junior eligible(-93 born) players for that team participate.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:03 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Switzerland is last participant
http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=136206

Old
03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Energie Karlovy Vary should represent Czech rep, club wants to join MHL
USHL could join as well, it is not sure now
Norway and Denmark will send select teams
Sweden promised to send junior champion (guys, do you have any info??)
http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=136407

Old
03-30-2012, 11:15 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Energie Karlovy Vary should represent Czech rep, club wants to join MHL
USHL could join as well, it is not sure now
Norway and Denmark will send select teams
Sweden promised to send junior champion (guys, do you have any info??)
http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=136407
So tournament will still be joke-ish. Make it a national tournament already if such select squads are participating. How can anyone blame Canada for not sending Memorial Cup champions if European participants again hardly are champions themselves.

ozo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 12:57 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
So tournament will still be joke-ish. Make it a national tournament already if such select squads are participating. How can anyone blame Canada for not sending Memorial Cup champions if European participants again hardly are champions themselves.
you should realize that junior club from Norway and Denmark are not so good to compete with best jr clubs from Russia, Czech, Canada, Sweden etc

Old
03-30-2012, 02:03 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
you should realize that junior club from Norway and Denmark are not so good to compete with best jr clubs from Russia, Czech, Canada, Sweden etc
I am well aware of that. So how exactly that changes my point? Spain's junior selects might not be good enough also, let's allow them ice a senior team? Tournament organizers should draw a line somewhere, because the name of the tournament will hardly reflect the tournaments nature anymore.

ozo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2012, 02:15 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I agree that it is not best way for developing to allow select teams. On the other hand, it is not easy to create such tournament. You need support of IIHF, federations. maybe would be better to have 10 teams instead of 12. Organizers have to include as many countries as possible to succeed in future. IMO is right to allow Danes select team to be stronger. Danes will support this tourney in future. You know, tourney has to have support among federations. we dont know who organise tourney this year - IIHF or MHL? Tourney has official status of IIHF, so it will be easier to get better teams in future.

For start it is not bad to allow Danes select team, next year it will be club. The same happened with USA, last year league select, now any club. I am sure about it

Old
03-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Latgale_fan

I don't see how this tournament can ever be successful as ''clubs only''... Only USA, Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland's champions (plus MHL clubs of Latvia, Belarus) would be competitive and then we'd still probably see Memorial Cup champion beating Finns or sb else soundly... There's no junior team in Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia, even Czech Republic that could successfullty perform vs MHL or CHL competiton...

Though, of course, for NT we already have WJC... So taking Selects/NT would also beat the purpose of this tournament.

As for SuperElit, I don't consider for a moment that it's stronger than MHL. It's U20 league, MHL is pretty much U21+... Sure if SuperElit used MHL rules and took some guys of the same age as MHL teams they could beat anyone but not if they stay U20. And as for them beating St. Pete "Lions", it was some time ago and ""Lions'' isn't really the top club of MHL by any stretch... I'd like to see Superelit champion to beat Red Army with Gusev, Kucherov, Prokhorkin, Tolchinsky etc. or Almaz Cherepovets

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 08:45 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
The swedish Superelit is very good. Leksand, one of the bottom teams last year beat St. Petersburg badly a year ago. The whole game is here:

http://bambuser.com/v/974040

Superelit teams could absolutely compete with the CHL-teams and are definitely on par with the MHL teams or even better.
last year neither of the St Petersburg's teams have made the playoffs in the MHL.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:46 AM
cska78

Osadchenko killing it)
http://www.allhockey.ru/articles/120040/

Old
04-02-2012, 10:41 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I read it but honestly I did not get his idea .. maybe my poor russian

Quote:
Однако как и в пресловутой встрече "Бэрри" и "Миссиссаги" особой мотивации у них нет. Она есть у ребят помладше, которые только пробиваются наверх, которые только делают себе имя.
Kugryshev, Chernov dont have motivation in MHL play-offs? Is Osadchenko sure? I think sportsman has motivation all the time, to win something.

Quote:
"В чём разница между тем, что в ОХЛ играют Телегин и Шайфли, а в МХЛ Кугрышев и Печурский?", - спросите вы. Существенная. И заключается она в том, что первые двое на два года младше, а игроков 90-го года в CHL просто нет. Более того, игроков 91-го в заявке каждой команды может быть не больше трёх. Чувствуете разницу?
Does Osadchenko realize that MHL does not work like CHL? he misses younger guys. Ok, I can agree with it. But, many top 94,95 prospects have attended NT U18 camp now. Does he think that Zhafyarov, Slepyshev, Tolchintsky, Zadorov etc would not play for their MHL team? All of them are leaders of their club. Does he know how Buchnevich play?

It is easy to say: create our CHL. Problem of MHL is collision among MHL schedule and IIHF schedule. Best U18/U20 guys attends NT camps, championships during regular season. Does Osadchenko want to play play-off games with 3 lines? Is it really bad to allow a few overagers to play MHL play-offs? Their opponents and teammates can learn.

Maybe it would help to have only 3,2 players born 1990 (not 5) maybe none. On the other hand if young players play among elder opponents, it is better for their development. Look at Buchnevich, would he make the same progress if he played with/against players born 1993 and younger? I dont think so.

I think Russian needs league for 16-18 guys who are not good enough to play MHL (U21)

Quote:
Интересная вообще формулировка для молодёжного хоккея "одна из сильнейших команд". Это вот как? В CHL есть, наверное, только одна команда, на которую можно лепить этот ярлык каждый год. Мистическим образом эта команда каждый год идёт в лидерах, получает низкие драфтпики на драфтах, но всё равно оказывается с кучей звёзд в составе. И когда я говорю "мистическим образом", у вас в голове должны замаячить конвертики. Вы поняли о чём я, не надо такие большие глаза делать.
what does he want to say? Can someone translate it?

According to Osadchenko is better to send canadian JrA team than OHL team. Bravo!

Old
04-02-2012, 02:55 PM
cska78

lol, Vorky u are either trolling or didn't understand the article. Osadchenko is very right, imho.

Old
04-02-2012, 03:29 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
lol, Vorky u are either trolling or didn't understand the article. Osadchenko is very right, imho.
Osadchenko does not understand that MHL does not work like CHL. CHL clubs dont have adult team, no vertical CHL-NHL, NHL clubs can not take CHL guys today and send them back to CHL tommorow. CHL club is independent, not junior team of NHL club in european term. MHL, J20 SuperElit etc can not work like CHL. We are europe, another system of hockey.

He blame MHL for what? That league has another age limit? that OHL club instead of Jr. A club will join WCJC in Omsk? I think it is great job to bring such team. Can he tell me a euro jr tourney where CHL club comes? Ok, age limit is one thing and I agree that MHL is not ideal, but blaming MHL for bringing CHL team?

He can work for MHL and change mind of league leadership. Or he can create his own jr league if he wants