HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

98th Grey Cup: 11/28/2010 Montreal vs Saskatchewan 6PM EST RDS (HD), TSN (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2010, 01:20 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
98th Grey Cup: 11/28/2010 Montreal vs Saskatchewan 6PM EST RDS (HD), TSN (HD)

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:hKvNNEiscIVwtM:http://www.****************/images/logos/8/95/full/7girc9njwggew8ibx8i0.gif&t=1[/IMG] VS [IMG]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:zq3nJnni6626xM:http://www.****************/images/logos/8/98/full/6245.gif&t=1[/IMG]

TIME TO REPEAT BOYS!

GO ALS GO!!

Old
11-26-2010, 01:25 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
!GO ALS GO!

31-17 Win

Old
11-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 200
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
will be a close game like last year.

Old
11-26-2010, 01:41 AM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

This game will be EPIC.
Go Als Go!!!

Old
11-26-2010, 01:57 AM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
go als. bring home the cup.

Old
11-26-2010, 04:15 AM
coolasprICE

Als are favored by 3.5 points...

I think we'll win by `10-14

Old
11-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Galchenyuk94

Hey guys, vote for SJ Greens catch for the POY. Rider fans homering it up again to the max.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/poy2010/final.aspx

Old
11-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Galchenyuk94

Interesting article. Als' players says that the league wishes a Saskatchewan win. Reading the title I thought BS, but some decisions by the CFL make you wonder.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/foo...3_section_POS1

Old
11-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Interesting article. Als' players says that the league wishes a Saskatchewan win. Reading the title I thought BS, but some decisions by the CFL make you wonder.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/foo...3_section_POS1
That's really horrible. Shouldn't the champions get better treatment by default?

Old
11-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
That's really horrible. Shouldn't the champions get better treatment by default?
Apparently not. The league has a hard on for the Riders and the western conference. They are the teams that bring the most revenue to the CFL though. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

But still, you should treat both teams equal regardless.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Apparently not. The league has a hard on for the Riders and the western conference. They are the teams that bring the most revenue to the CFL though. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

But still, you should treat both teams equal regardless.
If the CFL really wants to be taken seriously they'll have to change the way they treat the teams. The Grey Cup is supposed to be the Canadian version of the Super Bowl and the reigning champions are staying in worst conditions than NHL players in the regular season. Can you imagine an NFL team staying at a two star hotel prior to the Super Bowl?

I find it hard to believe that Edmonton only has one high quality hotel.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:35 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
If the CFL really wants to be taken seriously they'll have to change the way they treat the teams. The Grey Cup is supposed to be the Canadian version of the Super Bowl and the reigning champions are staying in worst conditions than NHL players in the regular season. Can you imagine an NFL team staying at a two star hotel prior to the Super Bowl?

Well, it IS Edmonton after all.

What I really want is Calvillo to declare this after a victory on the mic while still on the field: Screw this city who can't even win while cheating! Screw you people who can't even compete fairly!

And then retire to avoid all retaliation from the CFL

Old
11-26-2010, 08:36 AM
Habber

Waa, waa. The violins are out already.

I suppose this is why the Als did an inside walk-through Wed, while the Riders had a full practice in 20 below. Don't want to be breaking a fingernail I guess.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:

I don't lol just kidding. This seems to be firing up the Als though, whatever can get a fire lit under their butts is a good thing IMO. They are the example of a team that underachieves in the Grey Cup so any billboard material is good.

Don't get me wrong, I love the CFL. But if they want to be taken seriously, they need to hire some better refs.

Refs in the CFL are like refs in hockey. Officiating changes every game and players never know what to expect when it comes to pass interference and all. That's the thing that bothers me the most about the CFL.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:39 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
I suppose this is why the Als did an inside walk-through Wed, while the Riders had a full practice in 20 below. Don't want to be breaking a fingernail I guess.
Because our coaching staff are actually clever and want their players to be in top shape for the match?

I mean, it's not like anyone forced the Riders to go practice outside and catch the flu, man. The CFL forced the Als to go into that crummy hotel.

Talk about sport, you can't even get a fair win as a city, you gotta go the dirty road. Pretty much like your economy.

Old
11-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Galchenyuk94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Waa, waa. The violins are out already.

Go vote for the mediocre Dressler catch again and carve yourself a hat out of a water melon

Old
11-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Newhabfan

First - the CFL has little to gain if the Als win and a lot more if the Riders do, from a marketing perspective. Having a single team dominate for years will damage your attendance. Fans in Montreal are already buying out the stadium.

IMO, the CFL wanted Toronto to get to the Grey cup and maybe to win it. Strictly for marketing reasons.

On the other hand, the outburst from Proulx (who has nothing to lose btw, being injured and probably retiring after) seems like a planned move to me. Trying to turn lemons into lemonade.

I don't think the team is affected by the size of the rooms or the beds (maybe for the 250 pounds O linesmen ). The lack of an ice pool and conditioning room could hurt a bit. What they fear the most would be refereeing. A couple of illegal blocking penalties called when you just got a 1st down. A couple of non called pass interferences on JR or Bratton - etc.

If you scream "the CFL is favoring the other team" loud enough, you might have the referees thinking twice.

That - and to motivate your troops against adversity. Worked with Toronto for sure. Cobourne chewing gum - priceless.

Old
11-26-2010, 09:53 AM
MoonlightGraham

Go Als Go. Montreal by a touchdown.

Old
11-26-2010, 09:58 AM
PlayersCoach

GO RIDERS!!!

Old
11-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory

I'm a total football n00b (especially CFL), but I know Alouettes will win. Montreal teams never lose when Harry does a GDT

Old
11-26-2010, 10:03 AM
tiersen24

Yeah, I find it a little weird the CFL has not said anything yet concerning Proulx's comments....Wouldn't they have to come out immediately after the comment to deny it ? Or at least, the morning after ?

Anyway, hope the riders get their ass kicked again on sunday !! And watch out Saturday for the Vanier Cup too !!! Would be nice to win both in the same weekend !

Old
11-26-2010, 10:11 AM
PlayersCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiersen24 View Post
Yeah, I find it a little weird the CFL has not said anything yet concerning Proulx's comments....Wouldn't they have to come out immediately after the comment to deny it ? Or at least, the morning after ?

Anyway, hope the riders get their ass kicked again on sunday !! And watch out Saturday for the Vanier Cup too !!! Would be nice to win both in the same weekend !
It's a long-standing fact that when the Grey Cup is in the East, the Eastern representative gets treated better than the Western rep, and when it's in the West, the opposite is true.

The Als should worry more about the Riders than about their hotel rooms.

Old
11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Newhabfan

What I find intriguing is that you cannot find any reference to these declarations on the TSN site (maybe I'm wrong). Normally, a player of one team accusing the CHL should make first page.

As if the CFL does not want to acknowledge these accusations even exist. Weird.

BTW - just read this http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?id=33596

and tell me if the wording used is fair. Trying to find faults on the Als at every level while praising the Riders.

Old
11-26-2010, 10:20 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersCoach View Post
It's a long-standing fact that when the Grey Cup is in the East, the Eastern representative gets treated better than the Western rep, and when it's in the West, the opposite is true.

The Als should worry more about the Riders than about their hotel rooms.
Getting treated better means having the best lockerroom (out of the two possible). It does not mean that your opponent does not have access to an ice pool, a conditioning room and training facilities, stuff that could be easily provided for both teams.

Old
11-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Hopefully a great weekend, started off well with the Pats win yesterday, now if only the Habs can win both and the Als can repeat and take the Grey Cup back home

GO ALS GO

Closed Thread