HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Abbotsford HEAT Fans: UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

Old
10-01-2010, 04:48 AM
heatfan63

vCash: 500
Abbotsford HEAT Fans: UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL

Season 2 of the Abbotsford HEATand beyond:

HEAT FAN TWITTER:
HEAT FAN FACEBOOK PAGE

Follow this thread all year for Abby Heat fans during game or after. This thread link will be posted on Facebook page of Fan page and Official page of the Heat for quick reference.
Follow this thread all year for Abby Heat fans during game or after.

Due to those who don't want the connection with the FLAMES, this thread is in the A.H.L. so those CANUCK fans don't have to stomach the seeing RED. (LOL)

It's our team: GO HEAT GO

Last edited by Majik1987: 10-23-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: partner now, original post restored
heatfan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 03:02 PM
steveinabby

Finally, a place where we can chat. I wonder if the folks at the Heat will perhaps just link to here? I have talked to many people who cannot believe that the Heat website does not include even a basic forum..... Here's hoping the Heat can have a good year!

steveinabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
bcdurangoboy

Game tonight against the Moose

Does anyone know if the game is on the internet anywhere tonight.............love to watch on Heat's first preseason game.....

bcdurangoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2010, 09:04 PM
heatfan63

What kind of a season will we have?

Were going to have an excellent year. Thinking top 6 to top 4, maybe all the way.

Last edited by heatfan63: 10-02-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old
10-01-2010, 09:04 PM
heatfan63

No, but if you have twitter you can get updates from Sheldon

Old
10-02-2010, 01:25 AM
bcdurangoboy

Twitter

Twitter is okay if you have a mobile that is capable of it............Dave use to update on Facebook, but I guess no more.............too bad!!

Old
10-02-2010, 04:07 PM
heatfan63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdurangoboy View Post
Twitter is okay if you have a mobile that is capable of it............Dave use to update on Facebook, but I guess no more.............too bad!!
He probably will during the season.

Old
10-02-2010, 06:03 PM
heatfan63

Quote:
Does anyone know if the game is on the internet anywhere tonight.............love to watch on Heat's first preseason game.....
It will be on radio tonight for game in Portage.

Old
10-02-2010, 06:05 PM
heatfan63

Quote:
True, this HB board has a mobile setting too, if there are enough followers will post game info here. . See settings at bottom.

Old
10-02-2010, 06:06 PM
bcdurangoboy

No vid coverage

I am disappointed we cannot even purchase a feed for tonight's preseason game in Portage..............the AHL needs to look into this and ensure these are available.....at least I was able to see the highlights from last night on Moose TV (moose website).....The Heat need to do something like that, but I guess everything takes time......I know we are expecting big things this season...........lets hope that Heat Management pulls through with some surprises.................better website management would be a big thing...............

Old
10-02-2010, 06:07 PM
heatfan63

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinabby View Post
Finally, a place where we can chat. I wonder if the folks at the Heat will perhaps just link to here? I have talked to many people who cannot believe that the Heat website does not include even a basic forum..... Here's hoping the Heat can have a good year!
Yes, when on FB or others be sure to tell fellow Heat fans about this site.

Old
10-02-2010, 10:54 PM
heatfan63

Quote:
I am disappointed we cannot even purchase a feed for tonight's preseason game in Portage..............the AHL needs to look into this and ensure these are available.....at least I was able to see the highlights from last night on Moose TV (moose website).....The Heat need to do something like that, but I guess everything takes time......I know we are expecting big things this season...........lets hope that Heat Management pulls through with some surprises.................better website management would be a big thing...............
Here is a site you can watch at:

http://atdhe.net/

Watch Online Sports, News and Entertainment for free at Atdhe.Net
www.atdhe.net Watch Online TV, Sports, News and Entertainment for free at ATDHE.Net

Old
10-03-2010, 12:02 PM
colourblind

Bull Dogs

Has anyone noticed that the Heat play the Bull Dogs 6 times in 2 weeks at the end of March, start of April? The Ice Maker in abby better be on the ball during that time period, with all the frozen tear puddles from Henry.

colourblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2010, 08:05 PM
bcdurangoboy

Henry

Just love bugging that guy, we had a good time over in section 109 giving him a hard time............can hardly wait...............Heeennnnnrrrryyyyyyy!!!!!!!!... .....LOL

Old
10-04-2010, 01:53 AM
heatfan63

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourblind View Post
Has anyone noticed that the Heat play the Bull Dogs 6 times in 2 weeks at the end of March, start of April? The Ice Maker in abby better be on the ball during that time period, with all the frozen tear puddles from Henry.
I can't stand Henry, what a goon he was last year. That whole Playfair/JD Watt incident had him in the mix. Before and after. Finally in 3rd period they penalize him for unsportsmanlike.

Such a winer. Friends of mine are over by visitors box and were really giving him the gears last year.

Old
10-05-2010, 07:02 PM
CanadianHockeyfan

Lol Henry I was yelling at him how cool he was to have 2 first names.

CanadianHockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 11:53 PM
heatfan63

So the team to date: Thoughts

Goalies:

33 G Matt Keetley
37 G Leland Irving

Defensemen:

2 D Keith Seabrook
3 D Josh Meyers
4 D John Negrin
6 D Chris Breen
12 D Staffan Kronwall
17 D Matt Pelech
18 D Jake Gannon
21 D Giffen Nyren
28 D Gord Baldwin
43 D Joe Piskula

Forwards:

8 LW Cam Cunning
9 RW Kris Chucko
10 LW Lance Bouma
13 LW Logan MacMillan
14 C Mitch Wahl
15 RW Greg Nemisz
16 LW Ryley Grantham
19 RW J.D. Watt
22 C John Armstrong
23 RW Bryan Cameron
24 C Matt Keith
26 RW Jon Rheault
32 C Gaelan Patterson
34 LW Carter Bancks

Old
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Hope the Heat have another sucessful season.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Pascha

Happy that Seabrook is back, I really enjoy watching him play.

Pascha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 04:55 PM
CanadianHockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascha View Post
Happy that Seabrook is back, I really enjoy watching him play.
Also, he won't be paired with Brad Cole! Its only looking better and better for him. Not that there was anything wrong with Cole incessantly shoveling suicide passes into Seebs skates though....

CanadianHockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2010, 10:06 PM
heatfan63

Heat win in SO

Grifffins lead HEAT most of the game and a great save by Irving kept them in. SO goals by Rheault, Chucko and Kronwall.

Old
10-09-2010, 10:12 AM
adsfan

I will be at tonight's game. I will post about how it went. Milwaukee's guys haven't been together for very long. Other than goaltending, I don't know what to expect from them. They lost 7 of the top 10 scorers from last season. Thuresson, Mark Santorelli (not Mike who is on Florida's roster) and Blum (a D-man) are the remaining big guns. On paper, the Admirals have a better defense than last season.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2010, 09:22 PM
adsfan

Abbotsford played very well in the first period taking a 2-0 lead. Their 1-3-1 neutral zone trap stifled and confused the Admiral offense. A wide open Nemisz scored a shorthanded goal after a turnover near the Admirals offensive zone blueline. Cunning scored the second goal in traffic. The Heat sent one forward after the puck in the Admirals zone. This rushed and disrupted the first pass out of the zone.

The Admirals came up with at least two solutions to the trap for the second period. The D-men would cross the blueline just inside the faceoff dots. They would pass the puck vertically to the other blueline or diagonally across near the opposite faceoff dot. This caused most of the Heat players to be trapped ahead of the puck and facing the wrong direction. The Admirals scored four goals including a shorthanded and a 5-on-3 PP goal. The Heat tried to slow the Admirals down with bodychecks. This backfired mid-period when Kris Chucko chased Grant Lewis around the Admirals goal. Matt Keith was side stepped near the crease when Lewis turned up ice and Keith collided at high speed with Chucko for the hit of the game. Both players got up after 3 or 4 seconds and appeared to be fine. Leland Irving dropped his goalie stick on a clear up the middle of the ice. He had difficulty picking it up between the circles. Matt Halischuk swept the puck away and sent it into the now wide open net. Keetley replaced Irving for the rest of the period.

Irving came back in for the third period. The trap was abandoned because of four minors called on the Heat in the third period. Some of the Heat players were a little frustrated by the turn of events. Klasen and Halischuk each scored their second goals of the game to make it 6-2. Irving played well most of the time. His D-men didn't cover the Admirals forwards or swept rebounds to the corners as often as they should have. I am sure that the coaches will fix this for the next game. As long as the trap worked, the Heat looked awesome. When it broke down, the Heat were running around and looked a little confused on defense. They need to find an alternative and they will do quite well this season.

Last edited by adsfan: 10-10-2010 at 09:30 PM.
adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2010, 02:29 AM
heatfan63

Admira recap

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Abbotsford played very well in the first period taking a 2-0 lead. Their 1-3-1 neutral zone trap stifled and confused the Admiral offense. A wide open Nemisz scored a shorthanded goal after a turnover near the Admirals offensive zone blueline. Cunning scored the second goal in traffic. The Heat sent one forward after the puck in the Admirals zone. This rushed and disrupted the first pass out of the zone.

The Admirals came up with at least two solutions to the trap for the second period. The D-men would cross the blueline just inside the faceoff dots. They would pass the puck vertically to the other blueline or diagonally across near the opposite faceoff dot. This caused most of the Heat players to be trapped ahead of the puck and facing the wrong direction. The Admirals scored four goals including a shorthanded and a 5-on-3 PP goal. The Heat tried to slow the Admirals down with bodychecks. This backfired mid-period when Kris Chucko chased Grant Lewis around the Admirals goal. Matt Keith was side stepped near the crease when Lewis turned up ice and Keith collided at high speed with Chucko for the hit of the game. Both players got up after 3 or 4 seconds and appeared to be fine. Leland Irving dropped his goalie stick on a clear up the middle of the ice. He had difficulty picking it up between the circles. Matt Halischuk swept the puck away and sent it into the now wide open net. Keetley replaced Irving for the rest of the period.

Irving came back in for the third period. The trap was abandoned because of four minors called on the Heat in the third period. Some of the Heat players were a little frustrated by the turn of events. Klasen and Halischuk each scored their second goals of the game to make it 6-2. Irving played well most of the time. His D-men didn't cover the Admirals forwards or swept rebounds to the corners as often as they should have. I am sure that the coaches will fix this for the next game. As long as the trap worked, the Heat looked awesome. When it broke down, the Heat were running around and looked a little confused on defense. They need to find an alternative and they will do quite well this season.
Thanks for the review. 15 of the players are from last year. The newbies will fit in real quick.

Old
10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Staffan Kronwall has left the Heat to return to his home club of Djurgardens IF in Stockholm Sweden. Wanted to play in Sweden to be closer to his family. All the best to him.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote