If PK is talking crap about people, I am not hearing it.
PK's biggest sin is that he is a young Hab who everybody else passed over in the draft.
He's plays a little dirty for sure, I've seen a couple slew foots, but since when is being on the edge a bad thing. He's not head hunting, he's not boarding people. I can tell the opponents hate PK, just like everybody hates whoever the agitator is on their team. PK just happens to be a skilled guy too.
Cherry says no one does. And to an extent, he seems to be right, as people continue to try to kill him.
But I really, really like him. He's Darcy Tucker's attitude on D, with a hell of a lot more skill.
Cherry is causing crap, he was all over Schenn sticking up for himself in his rookie year as an 18 year old, but doesn't like a player like Subban who is 21 and paid his dues on the bus in the AHL playing tough and confident.
Cherry is a bigot.
If Cherry knew anything he would know Myers was doing stuff at the end out of frustration because he is having the sophomore jinx and the Sabres are having a poor year. Myers would have went after Picard, Gill or whoever at that point.
- Baby boomers remember when his views on hockey were relevent and his soapbox rants bring them back to that simpler time in thier life.
- He's a Leafs cheerleader, so many Leafs fans appreciate his pulling for their team.
- Liberal people want to be outraged by his provocative statements.
- Jingoistic Canadians like to hear that Canada is good at hockey and see him honour our fallen troops.
- Old ladies get a kick out of his attire.
- People in their late 20's and early 30's have a soft spot in their heart for Cherry because the Rock'em Sock'em videos were such a huge part of their childhood hockey experience.
Very few knowledgeable hockey fans believe Cherry's analysis and opinions about the games is either close to relevant, or even moderately insightful. Cherry's a lot easier to digest when you remember that his viewpoints are well, well past their due date and recognize him as being on the air for the sole purpose of entertainment.
Simply put, Cherry's a dinosaur. Dinosaurs can be greatly entertaining though; Jurassic Park was awesome. I wouldn't sweat his Subban hate.