HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Drury buyout Inevitable? (The EVERYTHING Chris Drury Thread)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
  #751
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Drury does'nt suck he just is not worth the cash. He has plenty of years left as a 3rd line Checking C. so I doubt the guy retires as I am sure he loves playing the game.

He should waive to the Isles,lol
I think he's limited even as a 3rd liner at this point in his career. I don't even know if he can do that at a high level, game in game out. I really think he's more suited for bottom line duty, which is a shame.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 10:51 AM
  #752
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I think he's limited even as a 3rd liner at this point in his career. I don't even know if he can do that at a high level, game in game out. I really think he's more suited for bottom line duty, which is a shame.
I agree with Jonathan, a 3rd line center is usually a shutdown defensive player. The only thing drury has shutdown this season is himself, he has no goals, other than hitting a post and a faceoff win that led to a Stepan tying goal I cannot remember anything he has done positively besides some work on the PK. He is no longer the dependable defensive zone faceoff guy he once was with Dubinsky and Boyle taking more and more of those draws and when EC comes back I think he will. Even Newbury has replaced him as the 4th line center because Newbury is better in the faceoff circle and plays a hard physical game.

We have all killed Redden and now with him gone, the shift had to go to someone. If Drury didn't have the 2nd highest contract on this team I don't think he would get so much garbage, but he is supposed to be the captain and he is playing like a zombie. He has no business being out there as the game as truly passed him bye.

Again who would I rather have EC or Drury... Ec has 6 goals and 8 assists in 37 games, plus he won what 2 shootouts for us
Drury has 0 goals and 4 assists in 16 games... Drury needs to call it a career

Janerixon is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
  #753
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,090
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
He would have to have had the chance to show me he isn't capable anymore for me to agree with that, but that chance hasn't been given to him in over a year and a half now. As I've mentioned before, this is a player who has scored 40% of his goals in this league on the PP. He hasn't had any real PP time with real PP players since Renney was the head coach.
That just simply not true. When Drury first came back into the lineup it was openly stated by Rangers coaching staff and MSG media that that coaching staff was going to use him in "ALL" situations and they did. The fact is that Drury did NOT perform. So Torts treated him just like he treats everyone else that doesn't perform, he moves them down the lineup. Torts holds players accountable, other coaches haven't. Torts knows when has accountability and can tell when some isn't playing or can't play well, other coaches didn't, it's a wonderful thing.

When Torts first took over the team, he looked at everyone and gave everyone a fair assessment. It wasn't until the end of last year that Drury ended up on the bottom line because he wasn't really successful at doing anything else. It's not like Drury busted out of the gates and started the season scoring or showed signs of ever doing anything....ever. And unlike Renney...if things aren't working...Torts is going to shake things up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Can anyone remember the last time Drury was placed in the kind of situation that, according to his entire career, would be conducive towards him being instrumental in a Ranger victory?

I can. It was in the 2008-09 season.
Big games happen all the time. They end losing streaks they start or continue winning streaks. Sometimes they're 2 points against a team from Quebec that you haven't beaten all year that separate you from a 7-8 playoff team to a top4 playoff team. The problem is, Cap'n Clutch hasn't ever showed up to any of them. Yet Chris Drury dressed during all of them.

The Rangers are paying Drury 8 million dollars this year and they have him on contract for another season. There's absolutely no way that they are intentionally not giving him a chance to play, pulling guys up from the minors and playing them over him. Imagine having a closer in baseball making the big bucks, sitting him on the bench while another younger pitcher closes games, NO WAY that happens, that doesn't even happen when the younger pitcher is better.

The reality is Drury gets to play with talented players like MZA and Stepan and Gaborik and Dubinsky as he's been tried on lines with them and he's still has sucked. At this point he's a Faceoff and PK specialist. Because really, he does nothing else good. The coaching staff is respectful to him and so is the Ranger's media. Personally I think the Rangers media gives him too much respect and I think it's a bunch of BS and he should be treated like everyone else. He's not scoring and he should be called out for it just like everyone else, not like the BS they pulled during pregame against Philly. Drury has scored 28pts in 40 games against Philly then pull up a list of Ranger players that need to score tonight that doesn't include Drury....BS!!! TOTAL BS!!!!!!!

vipernsx is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:15 AM
  #754
Hockey2000nyr
Registered User
 
Hockey2000nyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
everyone talks about how buying out drury is an option... If i remember correctly, doesnt a player who is being bought out has to first clear waivers? therefore because drury has a NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE, he cannot be placed on waivers in the first place. which in turn blocks the possibility of buying him out, unless of course he accepts the move.

RangerBoy help me out with this one....

Hockey2000nyr is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:21 AM
  #755
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey2000nyr View Post
everyone talks about how buying out drury is an option... If i remember correctly, doesnt a player who is being bought out has to first clear waivers? therefore because drury has a NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE, he cannot be placed on waivers in the first place. which in turn blocks the possibility of buying him out, unless of course he accepts the move.

RangerBoy help me out with this one....
you can buy out a contract any time, for any reason.

Obviously you would put them on waivers first if you can so if another team picks them up you get off scott free.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:22 AM
  #756
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey2000nyr View Post
everyone talks about how buying out drury is an option... If i remember correctly, doesnt a player who is being bought out has to first clear waivers? therefore because drury has a NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE, he cannot be placed on waivers in the first place. which in turn blocks the possibility of buying him out, unless of course he accepts the move.

RangerBoy help me out with this one....
NMCs do not affect a teams ability to buyout a player.

If a player is under the age of 26, a team can elect to buy out a player for 1/3 of their remaining contract value. If 26+, you can buyout the term for 2/3 of the value.

In the process of being bought out, a NMC player has the option of being placed on waivers first prior to a buyout.

Quote:
A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player,
whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict
the Club's buy-out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to
exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC
hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3
hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The
Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or
reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in
accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty-four (24)
hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed
rejected.


Last edited by frozenrubber: 01-19-2011 at 11:34 AM.
frozenrubber is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:33 AM
  #757
Hockey2000nyr
Registered User
 
Hockey2000nyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 838
vCash: 500
thank you froznrubber for correcting me.... haha

Hockey2000nyr is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
  #758
frozenrubber
Registered User
 
frozenrubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
you can buy out a contract any time, for any reason.
Buy-outs can only be completed during 2 set time periods:

1) Standard Buyout Period - June 16th-June 30th

2) Ordinary Course Buy-outs Outside the Regular Period - 3rd day after the last arbitration hearing - 48 hour window. You must of had 2 or more arbitration cases to be eligible for this 2nd buyout window.

frozenrubber is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 12:32 PM
  #759
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 7,771
vCash: 500
Performance: Drury is cold (0 pts in last 10 GP).

4 assists in 16 games. and points in only 3 out of 16 games.

considering all things, this is really hard to believe.

not even 1 measly 2nd assist in the last 10 games. hard to fathom how bad one needs to be to accomplish this level of sukitude.

ill predict right now, to save face, he'll develop an injury soon that will keep him out for an extended time.

if that doesnt happen, i still cant see him being a healthy scratch. i mean that would be very uncool to do to your capt. so i doubt it happens.

think about it, how do you criticize and scratch anyone else for playing poorly when you've got capt sleepy stinking it up and dressing every night.

torts has got his hands full right now with the capt snoozy situation.

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
  #760
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,090
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Yes, I can blame Torts for a couple of things, and this is certainly among them.
Torts didn't fire Renney, it's time to get over it. Not everything is his fault. Drury's game is his own doing, if he would play better, he'd get more minutes, plain and simple.

vipernsx is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 12:55 PM
  #761
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Buy-outs can only be completed during 2 set time periods:

1) Standard Buyout Period - June 16th-June 30th

2) Ordinary Course Buy-outs Outside the Regular Period - 3rd day after the last arbitration hearing - 48 hour window. You must of had 2 or more arbitration cases to be eligible for this 2nd buyout window.
True story.

How many of our RFAs are arbitration-eligible?

Wraparounds is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
  #762
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL
 
shoothepuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: upstate
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,196
vCash: 500
Mega bucks Dreary has about the same number of assists as Lundqvist and the King was able to get his on a point scoring streak, a feat of consistancy Mr. Lunesta clearly lacks. Captain washup needs to hang 'em up. Overpaid, overplayed, underperform is all he's shown. Anyone else would be benched games ago.The only good thing we've seen from this tool this season is the segment of him eating pizza..

shoothepuck is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
  #763
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenrubber View Post
Buy-outs can only be completed during 2 set time periods:

1) Standard Buyout Period - June 16th-June 30th

2) Ordinary Course Buy-outs Outside the Regular Period - 3rd day after the last arbitration hearing - 48 hour window. You must of had 2 or more arbitration cases to be eligible for this 2nd buyout window.
by "any time" i meant at the end of the season.

Oops

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
  #764
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Torts didn't fire Renney, it's time to get over it. Not everything is his fault. Drury's game is his own doing, if he would play better, he'd get more minutes, plain and simple.
Agreed... He's not sucking because he's not getting minutes... He's not getting minutes because he's sucking...

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
  #765
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,575
vCash: 500
Here's another thing--when Callahan and Christensen get back who's going to sit?

Gaborik, Dubinsky, Callahan, Wolski, Stepan, Anisimov, Boyle, Prust, Fedotenko, Zuccarello, Christensen, Avery--that's 12. Drury's the odd man out though I'm sure some will say Christensen or Avery but both those players can be plugged up and down the lineup in various roles. Drury at best has the 4th line center positioned nailed down. Got to think that the Rangers are going to see if Christensen can get Gaborik going again. Taking out Avery--means less edge and Sean has no problem keeping up with the play. That fight with Carle the other night helped change the trend of that game--the Flyers were super pissed about it. Sean is faster and edgier--better in the corners and along the boards.

The problem of benching your captain who is making $7 mil per is to say the least unique but if we're icing our best lineup you do what you got to do.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
  #766
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I agree with Jonathan, a 3rd line center is usually a shutdown defensive player. The only thing drury has shutdown this season is himself, he has no goals, other than hitting a post and a faceoff win that led to a Stepan tying goal I cannot remember anything he has done positively besides some work on the PK. He is no longer the dependable defensive zone faceoff guy he once was with Dubinsky and Boyle taking more and more of those draws and when EC comes back I think he will. Even Newbury has replaced him as the 4th line center because Newbury is better in the faceoff circle and plays a hard physical game.

We have all killed Redden and now with him gone, the shift had to go to someone. If Drury didn't have the 2nd highest contract on this team I don't think he would get so much garbage, but he is supposed to be the captain and he is playing like a zombie. He has no business being out there as the game as truly passed him bye.

Again who would I rather have EC or Drury... Ec has 6 goals and 8 assists in 37 games, plus he won what 2 shootouts for us
Drury has 0 goals and 4 assists in 16 games... Drury needs to call it a career
Never thought I'd feel that way, but I do. And again, it's a real shame. He seems like a great guy and all. He's just done. I would take him back for 1.5M or so a year, sure, as a 4th liner. But I think the best move is to buy him out.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
  #767
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
Performance: Drury is cold (0 pts in last 10 GP).

4 assists in 16 games. and points in only 3 out of 16 games.

considering all things, this is really hard to believe.

not even 1 measly 2nd assist in the last 10 games. hard to fathom how bad one needs to be to accomplish this level of sukitude.

ill predict right now, to save face, he'll develop an injury soon that will keep him out for an extended time.

if that doesnt happen, i still cant see him being a healthy scratch. i mean that would be very uncool to do to your capt. so i doubt it happens.

think about it, how do you criticize and scratch anyone else for playing poorly when you've got capt sleepy stinking it up and dressing every night.

torts has got his hands full right now with the capt snoozy situation.
Athletes are famous for this.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
  #768
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
That just simply not true. When Drury first came back into the lineup it was openly stated by Rangers coaching staff and MSG media that that coaching staff was going to use him in "ALL" situations and they did. The fact is that Drury did NOT perform. So Torts treated him just like he treats everyone else that doesn't perform, he moves them down the lineup.
This is one of the most absurd things I've ever had the misfortune to read on this board. A player who has over a decade of consistent performance on the PP comes back from injury after not playing for 3/4 of a year and gets 2-3 games on the PP before being completely removed from the unit and you think this is good coaching?

Quote:
Torts holds players accountable, other coaches haven't. Torts knows when has accountability and can tell when some isn't playing or can't play well, other coaches didn't, it's a wonderful thing.
It's about as wonderful as watching Scotty Bowman 2.0 changing all 4 lines after 2 periods of not scoring.

Quote:
When Torts first took over the team, he looked at everyone and gave everyone a fair assessment. It wasn't until the end of last year that Drury ended up on the bottom line because he wasn't really successful at doing anything else. It's not like Drury busted out of the gates and started the season scoring or showed signs of ever doing anything....ever. And unlike Renney...if things aren't working...Torts is going to shake things up.
Drury's minutes have dropped from the moment Tortorella took over the team, and the only time Drury was even seen on the PP last season, he was being played on the point. Great coaching, that, since Drury's made an entire career of scoring garbage goals on the PP from in front of the net. I'm curious how Tortorella was able to assess that he was no longer capable of doing this without ever giving him a chance to show it. Hardly fair.

Why you feel the need to bring up Renney's name I don't know, but you'll notice that Drury's numbers were at his career norm whenever Renney was here. I'm glad Tortorella shakes things up. It's done wonders for the team, you know, missing the playoffs and being a low seed playoff team this year...just like the team was for almost all of Renney's tenure.

Quote:
Big games happen all the time. They end losing streaks they start or continue winning streaks. Sometimes they're 2 points against a team from Quebec that you haven't beaten all year that separate you from a 7-8 playoff team to a top4 playoff team. The problem is, Cap'n Clutch hasn't ever showed up to any of them. Yet Chris Drury dressed during all of them.
What separates a 7-8 playoff team from a top 4 playoff team is talent and skill. It's proper roster construction. It is not expecting a guy that you've placed on the 4th line who has NEVER been an offensive-minded player to score goals for you. When you sign a defensive-minded forward to the kind of contract an elite scorer gets, you live with the consequences. You don't ask that player to become something he's not and then inhibit from doing what he can do because of it.

Quote:
The reality is Drury gets to play with talented players like MZA and Stepan and Gaborik and Dubinsky as he's been tried on lines with them and he's still has sucked. At this point he's a Faceoff and PK specialist. Because really, he does nothing else good. The coaching staff is respectful to him and so is the Ranger's media. Personally I think the Rangers media gives him too much respect and I think it's a bunch of BS and he should be treated like everyone else. He's not scoring and he should be called out for it just like everyone else, not like the BS they pulled during pregame against Philly. Drury has scored 28pts in 40 games against Philly then pull up a list of Ranger players that need to score tonight that doesn't include Drury....BS!!! TOTAL BS!!!!!!!
There's something here that's total BS, that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Torts didn't fire Renney, it's time to get over it. Not everything is his fault. Drury's game is his own doing, if he would play better, he'd get more minutes, plain and simple.
I don't recall bringing up Renney's name, so I'm not sure what your point is. Never said everything was Tortorella's fault, either. But it's completely foolish to put him on a pedestal as if he's made some sort of major accomplishment here and not point out when he's mismanaging the team. The power play is a mess. Granted, the bulk of the blame belongs with Sather. But Tortorella is not doing anything to help the situation.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
  #769
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
Drury sucks nothing more to it...u can give him power play minutes, top line minutes and everything else...he will still fail to produce, period...if he had any pride he would retire.

Orr Nightmare is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
  #770
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 500
What part of Drury's play has warranted giving him more ice time? The only reason I would put him on the PP is because at this point it could not possibly hurt.

McRanger is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
  #771
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
What part of Drury's play has warranted giving him more ice time? The only reason I would put him on the PP is because at this point it could not possibly hurt.
What part of Drury's play warranted him being taken off of the PP? His numbers were at his career average until the coaching change. Then he was taken off of the top PP unit, had his PP time cut nearly in half, and was moved from the front of the net (where he'd been successful his entire career) to the point (which made no sense whatsoever), and surprise surprise...he's no longer putting up points on the power play. Then they just take him off the PP altogether.

Meanwhile, the power play continues to be a piece of **** and was a piece of ****, Gaborik aside, last season, as well.

Great coaching.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
  #772
MSG the place to be*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,784
vCash: 500
Stinger - You say Drury has never been an offensive minded player "never has never will be" yada yada yada and then you go on preaching how not using him on the PP is the downfall of the team.

serenity now

MSG the place to be* is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 03:36 PM
  #773
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 500
Well Dubi will be out for 3-4 weeks. If ever there was a time for the Capt to show us what he's got, it's now.

His minutes have to increase now by default. Let's see what he does...




serenity now


Last edited by Blueshirt Special: 01-19-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: serenity
Blueshirt Special is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
  #774
Vito Andolini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
What part of Drury's play warranted him being taken off of the PP? His numbers were at his career average until the coaching change. Then he was taken off of the top PP unit, had his PP time cut nearly in half, and was moved from the front of the net (where he'd been successful his entire career) to the point (which made no sense whatsoever), and surprise surprise...he's no longer putting up points on the power play. Then they just take him off the PP altogether.

Meanwhile, the power play continues to be a piece of **** and was a piece of ****, Gaborik aside, last season, as well.

Great coaching.
How did moving Drury to the point "make no sense whatsoever"? What exactly were the many alternatives that Torts had to work with on last years team? He had a rookie d-man who did well, and basically nothing else. Kots was a disaster. Rozsi was useless...as was Gilroy...as was Redden. Maybe he could have used Girardi & Staal more, but how much better of an option were they than Drury? I don't think Cally, Prospal, Gaborik or Dubinsky were better options either.

It's easy to critisize the coach when you only look at things in a vacuum, but now you're being as blind as the people who are bashing Drury for not being a goalscorer.

Vito Andolini is offline  
Old
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
  #775
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Stinger - You say Drury has never been an offensive minded player "never has never will be" yada yada yada and then you go on preaching how not using him on the PP is the downfall of the team.

serenity now
Standing in front of the net, screening the goalie and scoring garbage goals, which is what Drury has done on the PP his entire career, does not mean he's going to be a big offensive threat at even strength, which he never has been throughout his career. Not that complicated a concept to grasp, especially since at even strength, he's a third line player, while on the power play, he'd be playing with the team's best offensive players. This was the situation in Buffalo, and for much of his time in Colorado, too.

Downfall of the team? Hardly. Senseless given the state of the PP and the team's general inability to score goals? Definitely. A bit unfair to Drury, as well.

NYR Sting is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.