HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Vancouver-Washington

Old
11-29-2010, 07:44 PM
David Booth Fan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David Booth Fan
This was in the Province today. Bieksa for Fleischman (sp?). Both of them were scratches for their last games. Washington needs a dman and Fleischman had like 24 goals last year, struggling this year. In the right position he could do well, but the 24 goals might just be the result of Washingtons firepower and higher scoring East conference. Doubt he would be able to produce that number again unless playing with the Sedins. Is he a fit for the 4th line i dunno but is an upgrade on Rypien or whatever plug we got on the 4th at the time.

David Booth Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Jack Tripper
I Don't Even...

vCash: 625
fleischmann's name seems to pop up in trade rumours for bieksa, not because he fits a team need or because he is the kind of player mike gillis likes, but simply because he appears to be available

this confirms to me that this is unfounded speculation by reporters needing something to write about more than anything else

Jack Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outraged666 View Post
This was in the Province today. Bieksa for Fleischman (sp?). Both of them were scratches for their last games. Washington needs a dman and Fleischman had like 24 goals last year, struggling this year. In the right position he could do well, but the 24 goals might just be the result of Washingtons firepower and higher scoring East conference. Doubt he would be able to produce that number again unless playing with the Sedins. Is he a fit for the 4th line i dunno but is an upgrade on Rypien or whatever plug we got on the 4th at the time.
Bieksa wasn't a healthy scratch. He had the flu (or so says Canucks management).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 03:35 PM
Hammer79

Fleischmann ends up going to Colorado in exchange for Scott Hannan.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...n.html?ref=rss

Hammer79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 04:09 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
Fleischmann ends up going to Colorado in exchange for Scott Hannan.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...n.html?ref=rss
So does this trade set the market for Bieksa if Salo comes back? Fleischmann is arguably a top-6 forward, so if we can get anything close to that kind of return for Bieksa, I'd be pretty ecstatic.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
So does this trade set the market for Bieksa if Salo comes back? Fleischmann is arguably a top-6 forward, so if we can get anything close to that kind of return for Bieksa, I'd be pretty ecstatic.
Fleischmann was more of a third-liner for Washington; averaged around the same ice-time per game as Torres. Also an impending UFA so I'd say the value is comparable I suppose.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Bleach Clean

Thing Bieksa has going for him: You pay for offense. So while Hannan was able to garner a 2nd/3rd line tweener, I have to think Bieksa would get more. Add the right shot, and the fact that the Canucks would look for prospects and picks instead of proven NHL talent, then a strong team could relinquish more assets for him than Washington did for Hannan.

I hope Gillis waits closer to the deadline. More teams could take Bieksa's contract on then. Not to mention, desperate teams would shell out more non-NHL assets as compensation.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote